Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jane Goodall won't rule out the existence of Bigfoot

Eldorado

Every single country has its version. Yeti, Yowie in Australia, Wild Man in China. So I don't know if it's perhaps a myth that stems from maybe the last of the Neanderthals.

But then is the last of the Neanderthals still living in these remote forests? I don't know.

But I'm not going to say it doesn't exist and I'm not going to say people who believe in it are stupid.

https://www.gq.com/story/jane-goodall-interview

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Every single country has its version. Yeti, Yowie in Australia, Wild Man in China. So I don't know if it's perhaps a myth that stems from maybe the last of the Neanderthals.

But then is the last of the Neanderthals still living in these remote forests? I don't know.

But I'm not going to say it doesn't exist and I'm not going to say people who believe in it are stupid.

https://www.gq.com/story/jane-goodall-interview

So what?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Nobu said:

I don’t even think that I would rule it out. There are a few last bastions of virgin wilderness in north central Russia.

She also mentioned the Yowie and yeti.

It's a bit silly to be honest.

Do you know what inspired her to become a primatologist? She had a crush on Tarzan. OT but it's amusing.

• Like 1

Jane always had that sense of humor about her, and the love for all hairy bipeds... 

~

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, psyche101 said:

She also mentioned the Yowie and yeti.

It's a bit silly to be honest.

Do you know what inspired her to become a primatologist? She had a crush on Tarzan. OT but it's amusing.

Almost everyone in biological sciences had an inspiration as a youth.

I can’t go where you went. I would say that the world is better off with her existence.

if you are trying to get me to pile on a scientist that has forgotten more about large primates than I’ll  ever know; I can’t do it. It’s her opinion. I’m ok with it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Jane Goodall, with the backing of her own institute, has more than enough resources and funds to launch a determined search in any continent for such unidentified Bigfoot-like creatures. Yet she never has. Not even once.

Goodall's romantic heart is only a mask for her pragmatic nature.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

How can a primate, many of whom failed to believe in a pandemic, be intelligent enough to imagine an alien presence?

Why did Jesus go into the wilderness to be tempted? Why not a city street?

When the Abomination that leads to Desolation visits your cities, will you ask what is Abominable, when they are desolate?

• Confused 6

2 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

How can a primate, many of whom failed to believe in a pandemic, be intelligent enough to imagine an alien presence?

Because the tadpole doesn't understand when the frog speaks of air.

Why did Jesus go into the wilderness to be tempted? Why not a city street?

Because He realized that one of his legs was both the same.

When the Abomination that leads to Desolation visits your cities, will you ask what is Abominable, when they are desolate?

Nay. Instead I ask “Do people in glass houses count their chickens from the inside?”

• Haha 2

I think Jane Goodall’s a pretty smart lady, smarter than the folks who don’t believe in the pandemic, for sure.

Edited by Raptor Witness

the only possibility I can see for bigfoot being real is that is a nomad nocturnal creature mainly herbivore and very shy. So all the expeditions to find bigfoot so far has either been scams or wrong off. They have to search it at night time. Not daylight.

• Like 1

The quote below is interesting, though I’m suspicious about the interpreter’s intentions. A sudden interest in an Ecuadorian Bigfoot could bring a flood of adventure travelers to the jungle, along with plenty of cash to pay outfitters, luggage carriers and interpreters.

“So I had an interpreter and I said to him, "When you next meet one of these hunters, could you ask if they've ever seen a monkey without a tail?" Three of the hunters came back and said, "Oh yes. We've seen monkeys without tails. They walk upright and they're about six foot tall."

2 hours ago, Myles said:

This is really a bunch of nothing.  

well - half a bunch, at least.

12 hours ago, Nobu said:

if you are trying to get me to pile on a scientist that has forgotten more about large primates than I’ll  ever know; I can’t do it. It’s her opinion. I’m ok with it.

except that what she said in the interview is nothing to do with any knowledge or understanding of primates.  Rather it shows she's spent too much of her life around animals and she's forgotten a universal attribute of one certain species - our willingness to make stuff up.  She asked (through an interpreter) whether people had seen monkeys without tails and sure enough they said Yep, we seen 'em, 'onest guv.  Six foot tall innit, an' walkin' upright like wot we do.  'ad one in the back o' me cab yesterday - sed 'is name were Wayne.  Right posh geezer an' all.  (Although thinking about it - Wayne might actually have been the hunter's name.)

From the GQ article - Goodall speaking:

"Now this was an interpreter from the village. He knew nothing about Bigfoot, nothing at all. Every single country has its version."

If every single country has its version then presumably the interpreter would be aware of his country's version?  And he's interacted enough with English speakers to act as a translator, so is it at all possible that he might have heard something about non-Ecuadorian matters or myths?  Isn't it rather insulting, derogatory and patronising to categorically state otherwise?  That would be like me saying "Australians know nothing about culture, manners, art, fashion, literature or temperance because those things don't exist in their country".  But they can still learn about these things in school.  If they have schools.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Poncho_Peanatus said:

the only possibility I can see for bigfoot being real is that is a nomad nocturnal creature mainly herbivore and very shy. So all the expeditions to find bigfoot so far has either been scams or wrong off. They have to search it at night time. Not daylight.

If anything more likely a interdimensional being, perhaps some kind of guardian from the spirit world that pops into our reality then pops out.

If Bigfoot was real, we would have let alone had found fossils of such a creature and its ancestors regarding the presence of giant hominids in the Americas.

• Haha 2

I'm very open-minded; I'll believe in Bigfoot the first time someone shows me an intact specimen.:tu:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Nobu said:

Almost everyone in biological sciences had an inspiration as a youth.

I can’t go where you went. I would say that the world is better off with her existence.

It means she has a sense of humour and doesn't take everything seriously. 

Nightwalker used the term romantic, I'm pretty sure she has described her bigfoot ponderings as such too. 

I'd say it's more reporting than Goodall insinuating bigfoot as an actual possiblity. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

It means she has a sense of humour and doesn't take everything seriously. 

Nightwalker used the term romantic, I'm pretty sure she has described her bigfoot ponderings as such too. 

I'd say it's more reporting than Goodall insinuating bigfoot as an actual possiblity. 

Yes, she said:

I’m a romantic,” Goodall replied, when asked if she thought Bigfoot existed. “I would like Bigfoot to exist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Resume said:

Yes, she said:

Thought so. I remember hearing her say that ages ago. 

Memory still works lol.

• Like 2

Unless one of these beings has fled from you, at close proximity, can you begin to grasp that this is not like anything else in the forest. They are not animals, as we understand them.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Goodall has had an experience of her own, and been perplexed by it.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

I'm very open-minded; I'll believe in Bigfoot the first time someone shows me an intact specimen.:tu:

So conflicting and contradictory stories by honest, law-abidin', God-fearin' folks aint enough for you?  Fuzzy, obviously-faked photos don't convince you?  The fact that literally some of this planet hasn't been mapped yet doesn't give you hope that's where Bigfoots are hiding?  Christ, man, you're a tough nut to crack.  So here's a scenario that might persuade you:

• Bigfoots are made of dark matter, which only interacts occasionally with real matter.  That's why you might see one but by the time you get your camera out - it's gone.  This also explains the absence of footprints, droppings, hairs, etc.  They're all there but unless you can see dark matter you won't notice them.

Of course this theory relies on supernatural paranormal interdimensional hyperspatial travel through the seven infra-visible dimensions of spacetime.  Which is on-the-spot made-up gibberish to formulate a long sentence, yet is proof enough for at least five regular readers of this forum.  (You know who you are.) 

It is just slightly possible that Bigfoot isn't real, and all those God-fearin' folks are mistaken or drunk, but I think my new theory is correct because it needs no evidence or proof.  It also explains the Mary Celeste, and why you sometimes find socks in your washing machine that aren't yours.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Tom1200 said:

Of course this theory relies on supernatural paranormal interdimensional hyperspatial travel through the seven infra-visible dimensions of spacetime.  Which is on-the-spot made-up gibberish to formulate a long sentence, yet is proof enough for at least five regular readers of this forum.  (You know who you are.) 

Quantum physics allows for many odd things, which we’re only beginning to understand. For example, how can two electrons somehow spin in sync, at a distance? We can see it happening but we don’t yet understand how the mechanism works, because we don’t even have the instruments to figure it out.

Ignorance is bliss, until you see, hear, or feel something, for yourself.

Just because you can’t see a virus, doesn’t mean it’s not there, especially if you get sick from it. 

We will need quantum instruments, in the future, to see many things, but I seriously doubt we’re going to get that far, before an intervention is required.

The level of ignorance here, is literally sickening sometimes. It’s like living in the Dark Ages, before the microscope was invented. Worse, some here don’t even want you to build the microscope.

A bigfoot is like a virus, before the microscope was invented. We’re only able to experience some of the evidence of its existence, because we don’t have the instruments yet.

Goodall has an excellent scientific mind. She can also project her suspicions, as any good scientist should. That’s how you build the instruments you need to see.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

• This topic was locked and unlocked