Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Encounter that I can't explain

TheGoldenBoy

Hello everybody. 

First of all , I'm French , so sorry if my english is bad. I want to clarify that i'm a big skeptic. So let's start.

The other day, i was chatting with my big brother (he's a skeptic too) on that event that both remember , an event that happened during our youth. I was 7 year old (I'm 23 at the time of writing this post) my brother was 12 years old. We have a family that move a lot , 18 times now. At this age , we move into a village named "Levoncourt" that far far away from any other big city , this is a village lost of middle of nowhere that we called "Sungo" at the Swiss and French border (around 100 inhabitants).

One day, my big brother asked me if i wanted to come with him to the little play park on the top of a kind of little hill. I accepted . On the way , we weren't confortable , we felt we were watching. When we were at the foot of the small hill , we saw 2 figure looking at us. We were no more worried because we thought they were children from the village that we had already met before. But when we got to the little park (As write this , i'm still little terrified like my big brother) , the 2 figures were not children of the village. There was a person the same height, same age as my brother, but also exactly the same clothes (The shirt with the same dragon motif, the same pants and the same shoes) but the face was not the same, it was blond with blue eyes while my brother has black hair with black eyes. 

However it was not this most surprising person, because with him he had another person, he looked like me like a twin , same height , same hair color , same eyes and eyes color, AND SAME CLOTHES ( i had an overall with white t shirt and cheap basket) . There was a long moment of silence where we looked at each other , without saying anything. And my brother suddenly pulled me and we started running towards the house , panicking. I turned around during the race , and I saw again these two figures, which did not move and which looked at us from the top of this small hill. We were so scared that we didn't sleep all night.

We never saw them again. I have no explanation so far apart from the coincidence or the false memory ( But me and my brother are sure it happened).

There, I just wanted to share this story , if someone have an explanation ? 

Thanks for reading.

Edited by TheGoldenBoy
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Welcome to the forum.

• Like 4

Hi and welcome to UM.

Wow very interesting and facinating story, thanks for the post.

But I have no explanantion for you, did you or your brother tell anyone about this.

• Like 3

If they were both complete copies of the two of you I might think differently, but there were too many differences to be anything but coincidence. Just similar kids wearing similar clothes, probably visiting from OOT.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2

Yes we told our mother, at first she didn't believe us, but when she noticed that we hadn't slept all night, that's when she started to believe us. Otherwise you are the first to which I tell it apart from my family because I discovered the forum not very long ago precisely while trying to find an answer to this mystery which I can not explain. When you're a skeptic like me, not being able to find an answer is torture.

Either way, while I might not find an answer, being able to share my story with you is enough for me. If you have any questions, please know that I am at your disposal.

And thank you all for this welcome.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, moonman said:

If they were both complete copies of the two of you I might think differently, but there were too many differences to be anything but coincidence. Just similar kids wearing similar clothes, probably visiting from OOT.

I agree with you but the thing that intrigues me is that it's a small village, we often see the same faces, but we never saw them either before the event or after the event.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheGoldenBoy said:

I agree with you but the thing that intrigues me is that it's a small village, we often see the same faces, but we never saw them either before the event or after the event.

Visitors from out of town

3 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

Doppelgänger -

I didn't watch the video but those two girls do not look alike.   They aren't even the same age.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, moonman said:

Visitors from out of town

Oh sorry , i didn't understand "OOT". Yes that's the most likely possibility.

• Like 2

Fascinating story.  Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum.

And cheers on your english.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

Doppelgänger -

Yes this term has appeared several times during my research, but my rational side cannot allow it. And even if, on the assumption that it exists, the fact that the other person is the same height, and who is exactly the same clothes but who is not the same colors of hair and eyes as my brother, refutes this hypothesis I think. What fascinates me the most is that while it is probably a coincidence, the probability that:

-One is dressing like my brother (I insist that he had a shirt with a colored dragon pattern gray, with beige pants and black sneakers), that he is the same height,the same build

-and that the second person who was my "double" (He looked like me completely and exactly the same clothes, the only thing that differentiated us are my two scars on the face)

-That me and my brother go to the park at the same time as them, in the same village (which is rather lost)

is possible but very small. In fact what terrifies me is the idea that I could witness something that happens with 0.000001% (This is an exaggerating number of course ... or not) to happen, we have happened , and unfortunately I have no other explanation than pure coincidence. I am still open to any form of answers as long as they are argued.

42 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

Fascinating story.  Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum.

And cheers on your english.

Thanks you !

Edited by TheGoldenBoy
  • Like 1

Whoops I didn't write this post on purpose and I don't know how to delete it

Edited by TheGoldenBoy
Improper handling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, TheGoldenBoy said:

Yes this term has appeared several times during my research, but my rational side cannot allow it. And even if, on the assumption that it exists, the fact that the other person is the same height, and who is exactly the same clothes but who is not the same colors of hair and eyes as my brother, refutes this hypothesis I think. What fascinates me the most is that while it is probably a coincidence, the probability that:

-One is dressing like my brother (I insist that he had a shirt with a colored dragon pattern gray, with beige pants and black sneakers), that he is the same height,the same build

-and that the second person who was my "double" (He looked like me completely and exactly the same clothes, the only thing that differentiated us are my two scars on the face)

-That me and my brother go to the park at the same time as them, in the same village (which is rather lost)

is possible but very small. In fact what terrifies me is the idea that I could witness something that happens with 0.000001% (This is an exaggerating number of course ... or not) to happen, we have happened , and unfortunately I have no other explanation than pure coincidence. I am still open to any form of answers as long as they are argued.

Thanks you !

I posted the video just to demonstrate that it is possible for unrelated individuals to look surprisingly similar, it is a scientifically recognized phenomenon. 

In your case there are extra factors, like clothes, that still have to be explained. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

I posted the video just to demonstrate that it is possible for unrelated individuals to look surprisingly similar, it is a scientifically recognized phenomenon. 

In your case there are extra factors, like clothes, that still have to be explained. 

Oh ok , sorry for my misunderstanding .

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, TheGoldenBoy said:

Oh ok , sorry for my misunderstanding .

No worries. :D 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TheGoldenBoy said:

Oh sorry , i didn't understand "OOT". Yes that's the most likely possibility.

Hello I read your story and I found it very intriguing, i don't think you had a false memory because when something scares the hell out you, you remember it vividly and that type of memory can stick with you your entire life. I had an experience when i was in the military before I retired, it occurred in 1993 in Mogadishu, Somalia. To this day I can not only vividly picture it in my mind, I seem to almost relive every time I think about it, like I am right now as .I type this. 

Here is an interesting article I saved awhile back, its about a scientific study on Doppelgänges. It's not about the supernatural nonsense that is often applied to that term, thus article approaches the subject from a very reasonable angle. Take a look at it it may alleviate some of your concern that your still appear to be carrying around. Now, I am not saying this is what you experienced because  it would be very rare for two brothers to see other brother that look like them but I suppose anything is possible.

This Is just food for thought, but you could contact the publisher and explain what occurred and see if they have any additional information.

Below Is the article along with the title.

Does Everyone Have a Doppelgänger? 

https://www.sunway.com.my/stories/does-everyone-have-a-doppelganger/

Take Care and welcome to the forum, I think you off to a great start

• Like 2

2 hours ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

But none of them really looked alike.  I could see some being mistaken for each other but only superficially.   The guy from Poland and the one from UK did not look alike below the nose, their jaw lines were very different and even in the photgraphs they did not look alike.   I don't get how people thought they did.  The two comedians did look alike until they were side by side then they were very different, and what is interesting is that they actually were related.

Edited by Desertrat56

5 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

But none of them really looked alike.  I could see some being mistaken for each other but only superficially.   The guy from Poland and the one from UK did not look alike below the nose, their jaw lines were very different and even in the photgraphs they did not look alike.   I don't get how people thought they did.  The two comedians did look alike until they were side by side then they were very different, and what is interesting is that they actually were related.

I guess people have different interpretations of what look the same means ? I can see why some of those featured in the video might be considered to be related or very similar in appearance. But your mileage may vary. 

Edited by L.A.T.1961

Well @TheGoldenBoy that's a fascinating story. Of course I can't know how this could happen but one thing to consider id the doppelganger phenomena. This is where a psychic double of oneself is seen by either yourself or more commonly by others. I have heard numerous compelling cases of this in my time that I am rather certain the phenomena is a real thing. 

Now the different face of your brother is a twist on the typical story. 

Another thought is mimicking ghosts.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

But none of them really looked alike.

I think you're missing the point. Look A Like, not looks exactly like. Even identical twin are exactly identical. 

• Like 2

On 9/30/2021 at 10:04 AM, TheGoldenBoy said:

There, I just wanted to share this story , if someone have an explanation ? 

It could've just been a strange coincidence. If anything you could put in your "that was weird" folder in your head. 

• Like 1