Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Encounter that I can't explain

TheGoldenBoy

13 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I think you're missing the point. Look A Like, not looks exactly like. Even identical twin are exactly identical. 

I understand that, but those 7 groups only one pair would I mistake on the street one for the other until I stopped to talk to him.  The rest of them were more different to me than alike.   Those girls that everyone said had the same smile, did not look like the same smile to me.  One was unhappy, the other was not, and the smile reflected that.  The mouth and the eyes.

On 10/1/2021 at 4:35 PM, Manwon Lender said:

Hello I read your story and I found it very intriguing, i don't think you had a false memory because when something scares the hell out you, you remember it vividly and that type of memory can stick with you your entire life. I had an experience when i was in the military before I retired, it occurred in 1993 in Mogadishu, Somalia. To this day I can not only vividly picture it in my mind, I seem to almost relive every time I think about it, like I am right now as .I type this. 

Here is an interesting article I saved awhile back, its about a scientific study on Doppelgänges. It's not about the supernatural nonsense that is often applied to that term, thus article approaches the subject from a very reasonable angle. Take a look at it it may alleviate some of your concern that your still appear to be carrying around. Now, I am not saying this is what you experienced because  it would be very rare for two brothers to see other brother that look like them but I suppose anything is possible.

This Is just food for thought, but you could contact the publisher and explain what occurred and see if they have any additional information.

Below Is the article along with the title.

Does Everyone Have a Doppelgänger? 

https://www.sunway.com.my/stories/does-everyone-have-a-doppelganger/

Take Care and welcome to the forum, I think you off to a great start

Hello, thank you for your welcome. Yes, I think the false memory trail is not the way to go and thank you for all of this information. The doppleganger (in the scientific sense of the term) is really what I think is the most likely lead. A simple coincidence, the probability of which is tiny but which may still be possible. I have a few bizarre stories that have happened to me that I can't explain, but I can't wait to share them with you. You are all very nice and I think you could enlighten me on some topics. I am very happy to have found this forum. So thank you to all of you!

On 10/2/2021 at 5:16 PM, papageorge1 said:

Well @TheGoldenBoy that's a fascinating story. Of course I can't know how this could happen but one thing to consider id the doppelganger phenomena. This is where a psychic double of oneself is seen by either yourself or more commonly by others. I have heard numerous compelling cases of this in my time that I am rather certain the phenomena is a real thing. 

Now the different face of your brother is a twist on the typical story. 

Another thought is mimicking ghosts.

Hello sir , thank you for the help and the information you share with me. It is true that the fact that my brother's "double" is not the same may refute the doppleganger theory (in the spiritual sense of the term), but according to the answers I received on this topic, only the doppleganger (Spiritual or not) is the most assumed. Thanks for taking the time to read.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheGoldenBoy said:

Hello, thank you for your welcome. Yes, I think the false memory trail is not the way to go and thank you for all of this information. The doppleganger (in the scientific sense of the term) is really what I think is the most likely lead. A simple coincidence, the probability of which is tiny but which may still be possible. I have a few bizarre stories that have happened to me that I can't explain, but I can't wait to share them with you. You are all very nice and I think you could enlighten me on some topics. I am very happy to have found this forum. So thank you to all of you!

Hello sir , thank you for the help and the information you share with me. It is true that the fact that my brother's "double" is not the same may refute the doppleganger theory (in the spiritual sense of the term), but according to the answers I received on this topic, only the doppleganger (Spiritual or not) is the most assumed. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Your very welcome, if I can help you in the future just ask.

Take Care

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2021 at 11:14 AM, jethrofloyd said:

Interesting story. A parallel universe?

That was my first thought too. I've read some articles, etc. on a parallel universe, very interesting. I remember reading a book about 20 years ago, which gave several accounts of people just disappearing into thin air, like just poof!! they were gone. One minute they were there, the next vanished. A lot of these accounts had witnesses as well. Scared me to death and I had nightmares for years. 

On 9/30/2021 at 9:04 AM, TheGoldenBoy said:

At this age , we move into a village named "Levoncourt" that far far away from any other big city , this is a village lost of middle of nowhere that we called "Sungo" at the Swiss and French border (around 100 inhabitants).

Hi @TheGoldenBoy

Welcome to UM.
Could the reason that you were wearing matching clothes be because the retail stores near your small, isolated village had a limited choice of clothing?

On 9/30/2021 at 9:04 AM, TheGoldenBoy said:

Hello everybody. 

First of all , I'm French , so sorry if my english is bad. I want to clarify that i'm a big skeptic. So let's start.

The other day, i was chatting with my big brother (he's a skeptic too) on that event that both remember , an event that happened during our youth. I was 7 year old (I'm 23 at the time of writing this post) my brother was 12 years old. We have a family that move a lot , 18 times now. At this age , we move into a village named "Levoncourt" that far far away from any other big city , this is a village lost of middle of nowhere that we called "Sungo" at the Swiss and French border (around 100 inhabitants).

One day, my big brother asked me if i wanted to come with him to the little play park on the top of a kind of little hill. I accepted . On the way , we weren't confortable , we felt we were watching. When we were at the foot of the small hill , we saw 2 figure looking at us. We were no more worried because we thought they were children from the village that we had already met before. But when we got to the little park (As write this , i'm still little terrified like my big brother) , the 2 figures were not children of the village. There was a person the same height, same age as my brother, but also exactly the same clothes (The shirt with the same dragon motif, the same pants and the same shoes) but the face was not the same, it was blond with blue eyes while my brother has black hair with black eyes. 

However it was not this most surprising person, because with him he had another person, he looked like me like a twin , same height , same hair color , same eyes and eyes color, AND SAME CLOTHES ( i had an overall with white t shirt and cheap basket) . There was a long moment of silence where we looked at each other , without saying anything. And my brother suddenly pulled me and we started running towards the house , panicking. I turned around during the race , and I saw again these two figures, which did not move and which looked at us from the top of this small hill. We were so scared that we didn't sleep all night.

We never saw them again. I have no explanation so far apart from the coincidence or the false memory ( But me and my brother are sure it happened).

There, I just wanted to share this story , if someone have an explanation ? 

Thanks for reading.

It's called...a coincidence.  Probably why they were 'watching' you to begin with...because ya'll were strangers but dressed like twins.   Plus...the similarities you sight probably weren't all that similar in hindsight.  Memory is a funny thing.  Especially recalling things from hen you were 7.  I have thought about putting my keys in a particular place...but didn't.  But then when I couldn't find my keys, I was sure they were in that place I thought about. I remembered putting them there but in reality, I was remembering me 'thinking' about putting them there as an actual event.  So you have told this story a few times over the years...and like a good fishing story it gets more and more involved and more and more detailed and pretty soon you totally forget that it wasn't even you who caught the fish.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, simplybill said:

Hi @TheGoldenBoy

Welcome to UM.
Could the reason that you were wearing matching clothes be because the retail stores near your small, isolated village had a limited choice of clothing?

Hello, being from a rather poor family, the clothes I wore when I was little, were the clothes that no longer fit my big brothers. I couldn't point you where they were bought, but I remember very well the only store was over an hour away and it was a mall, but I doubt my mom bought the clothes over there. Thanks for your welcome.

18 hours ago, joc said:

It's called...a coincidence.  Probably why they were 'watching' you to begin with...because ya'll were strangers but dressed like twins.   Plus...the similarities you sight probably weren't all that similar in hindsight.  Memory is a funny thing.  Especially recalling things from hen you were 7.  I have thought about putting my keys in a particular place...but didn't.  But then when I couldn't find my keys, I was sure they were in that place I thought about. I remembered putting them there but in reality, I was remembering me 'thinking' about putting them there as an actual event.  So you have told this story a few times over the years...and like a good fishing story it gets more and more involved and more and more detailed and pretty soon you totally forget that it wasn't even you who caught the fish.  

Hello, indeed the most likely reason is coincidence. And it's even more likely that people were as confused as we are. However, on telling the story over the years, it has only been spoken to me and my brother a few times since it happened. It is my mother who knows the most details about this story, being the first and the only person to whom we spoke about it. This is why I am sure it is not a false memory or one that has been altered over time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheGoldenBoy said:

Hello, being from a rather poor family, the clothes I wore when I was little, were the clothes that no longer fit my big brothers. I couldn't point you where they were bought, but I remember very well the only store was over an hour away and it was a mall, but I doubt my mom bought the clothes over there. Thanks for your welcome.

Hello, indeed the most likely reason is coincidence. And it's even more likely that people were as confused as we are. However, on telling the story over the years, it has only been spoken to me and my brother a few times since it happened. It is my mother who knows the most details about this story, being the first and the only person to whom we spoke about it. This is why I am sure it is not a false memory or one that has been altered over time.

All memories have been altered over time.  Nothing in memory is set in stone...we remember what we remember.  Now, if you want to preserve a memory...take a photograph.  No matter how many times you think about what happened, the photograph tells the real story...that is because the photograph is a separate piece of reality from your brain.  All memory in the brain is subject to question.  That's the best I can offer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome., it was just coincidente.
You'd be surprise with the amount of times I'm going to pick up the phone to call my dad or just thinking of doing so, only too often to find my dad calling me within seconds or a couple of minutes, its bizarre.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, godnodog said:

Welcome., it was just coincidente.
You'd be surprise with the amount of times I'm going to pick up the phone to call my dad or just thinking of doing so, only too often to find my dad calling me within seconds or a couple of minutes, its bizarre.

But is that really coincidence or do you have some kind of non-physical connection to your dad?   All good detectives say "There is no such thing as coincidence."   

• 1 month later...

This response is to TheGoldenBoy's original post. It's interesting reading the details of the experience from the time you and your brother had a feeling of being watched on your way to the park prior to meeting the two mystery kids. There was apparently a sense of uneasiness throughout your entire encounter except for the part when you mentioned you thought you were familiar with the two figures before approaching them in the park.

Also the moment your brother pulls you away from them stands out because it seems that whatever prompted his reaction was warranted. Can you share more details on how these kids reacted to seeing the two of you? Were they active in any way? How far apart were they from each other? Was there any attempt of communication from them?  Thanks for sharing 

On 11/30/2021 at 10:27 AM, mystic_chill said:

This response is to TheGoldenBoy's original post. It's interesting reading the details of the experience from the time you and your brother had a feeling of being watched on your way to the park prior to meeting the two mystery kids. There was apparently a sense of uneasiness throughout your entire encounter except for the part when you mentioned you thought you were familiar with the two figures before approaching them in the park.

Also the moment your brother pulls you away from them stands out because it seems that whatever prompted his reaction was warranted. Can you share more details on how these kids reacted to seeing the two of you? Were they active in any way? How far apart were they from each other? Was there any attempt of communication from them?  Thanks for sharing 

Hello ! Thank you for your reply. Sorry I am not often on the forum but as I said I am available for any type of question. So here are my answers to your questions.

"Can you share more details on how these kids reacted to seeing the two of you?"

They didn't react, like a sort of lack of emotion, stoic I would even say. They looked at us, as we looked at them.

"Were they active in any way?"

In our memories of me and my brother, as soon as we saw them from the hill, they were almost motionless.

"How far apart were they from each other?"

They was holding hands, like me and my brother was holding hands.

"Was there any attempt of communication from them?"

Frankly, there was no attempt at communication on their part, unless we left too hastily, we just stared at each other.

Edited by TheGoldenBoy
I'm bad in english :)