Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The difference between ghosts and your dead loved one

Eldorado

It can be terrifying to some, but just because your lights blink or Alexa randomly plays a song doesn't mean someone is haunting you. According to Nancy Mello, who has been a Medium since she was a little girl. "When your loved ones want to send you a sign that they are around, you might get a whiff of the perfume they used to wear," Mello explains. The sensation is known as Clairolfactance or Clairalience and is the psychic sense of smell.

"One time, I was sitting in my car, and all of a sudden, I smelled cigar smoke so strong it felt like someone was right next to me. My first thought when I smelled the cigar was my grandfather, who passed twenty years ago. I acknowledged him and thanked him for visiting."

Another sign you might get from a passed loved one is a penny or a feather on the ground. Mello reports clients telling her stories of photos of their dead parents falling off shelves. "Whatever it is, it won't scare you to the point of running away. It'll be the type of thing where you go, 'hmm. That's weird.'"

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/difference-between-ghosts-dead-loved-133400144.html

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It makes me chuckle when someone says,  "I'm terrified! I saw my Mom sitting on the edge of my bed, but she died 6 months ago!"

Why would anyone be scared of their mom? :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, acute said:

It makes me chuckle when someone says,  "I'm terrified! I saw my Mom sitting on the edge of my bed, but she died 6 months ago!"

For not brushing their teeth?

• Haha 2

Yep, Papameter's at 98% on the idea that loved ones can leave signs. Heard enough stories and opinions of psychic people I respect.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, acute said:

Because after 6 months when she smiled at you the skin in her face would slide down her neck and her lips would fall off!:devil:

• Haha 1

This is nothing more than advertisement disguised as a really bad ghostly feel good paranormal "article" that preys upon the very real grief and longing of those who have lost a loved one. 

Notice that this is in the finance section of yahoo "news" and ends with the following,

If you want to connect with your passed loved one, you can reach Nancy at nancylmello.com

where the website is nothing more than a booking place for "readings" starting at $50 a pop. 

Edited by Overdueleaf
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, acute said:

I'd be terrified too... so what new psychosis is this?

Hallucinations are never a good sign.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I certainly agree!:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Overdueleaf said:

This is nothing more than advertisement disguised as a really bad ghostly feel good paranormal "article" that preys upon the very real grief and longing of those who have lost a loved one. 

Some people get really desperate after a loved one dies and would do (and believe) anything just to get some reassurance that they're in a good place or wherever. It really angers me that there are charlatans out there who take advantage of peoples' grief. What also bothers me about articles such as this one is that they perpetuate ridiculous beliefs about ghosts and the afterlife.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

You obviously haven't personally experienced any hauntings, but that doesn't invalidate my knowledge of such occurrences.

Edited by acute
Speeling
  • Like 1

If a loved one can knock over a picture frame, why not pick up a pen and write, “This is uncle George”? Every time an anecdote like this is offered I’m dumbstruck that people accept it as compelling evidence. Why can’t an intelligent, sentient ghost who can interact with the physical world do anything more than my cat?

• Like 2