Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Computer-generated image of Jesus

Silver

20 minutes ago, zep73 said:

That is literally the Flavians speaking, to avoid a rebellion. Crowd control 101.

Incredible people believe that BS.

It is sound advice. It is a warning to avoid people calling themselves Christ, and people saying Christ is someone else. It will rebuke a lot of crazies and save you the trouble of going through something like this

From Matthew chapter 24

4And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.

23“Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25See, I have told you beforehand.

26“Therefore if they say to you, ‘Look, He is in the desert!’ do not go out; or ‘Look, He is in the inner rooms!’ do not believe it. 27For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 28For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.

Edited by Green Lion
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, acute said:

Ridiculous!

Jesus was white and English. :yes:

Those European Renaissance artist painted him in European image.:yes:

6 hours ago, The Silver Shroud said:

LOL looks a lot like a young me, and even more like my brother. This image is likely to be a lot more accurate than the one often used to portray him This one shows a man of attractive  features   engaging eyes,  and an enigmatic smile 

He must have been  attractive as well as a good speaker to attract so many followers, including women

This bloke would appeal to both male and female values 

image.jpeg.848a77d0c8f409d02d92f31036ae37c3.jpegNotice any resemblance? 

image.jpeg.af87775f8b62745ee777d535516ee5b3.jpegHere he is playing a guitar 

and what he might have looked like if he had lived to be an old man.

Cat Stevens's Concert & Tour History | Concert Archives

For those of you too young to recognise him .

Icon | Yusuf / Cat Stevens

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Green Lion said:

That's a pretty ugly picture. It is actually completely inaccurate because it is against Mosaic law for a Jewish man to cut his hair or shave his beard. A Nazarene would also not cut his hair unless he encountered a man's dead body.

There is some discussion on this subject, apparently he was possible bald!!!!!:yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Green Lion said:

They look completely different than each other. If it was ethnically accurate they would show it with long hair and a beard. These are obviously hacks.

WHY:unsure:

Edited by Manwon Lender

8 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

WHY:unsure:

I said why once or twice. It was Mosaic law that Jewish men do not cut their hair or beards.

There were many gentiles living in Israel at the time of Jesus. Many different nations were there and Jesus ministered to them. Jesus' genealogy as given in the Gospels was from a royal Jewish line. I'm pretty sure the rendition is not of a Jewish man. I think he grabbed a general picture of Arabia and threw it into the AI. Just because the area Jesus was living in might have had other people than Jews living there, he is not discounted from being Jewish.

Edited by Green Lion

17 minutes ago, Green Lion said:

I said why once or twice. It was Mosaic law that Jewish men do not cut their hair or beards.

Today many Scholars believe below is the best representation of Jesus:

posts-icon-christ9.jpg

Mr. Wednesday: "You've got your White, Jesuit-style Jesus, your Black African Jesus, your Mexican Jesus, and your swarthy Greek Jesus."

Shadow: "That's a lot of Jesus."

Mr. Wednesday: "Well there's a lot of need for Jesus, so there is a lot of Jesus.

• Haha 5

He's also No. 33 at the etihad... 

nintchdbpict000298608412.jpg

~

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, acute said:

Ridiculous!

Jesus was white and English. :yes:

He i...was!

BoratStill.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, Still Waters said:

It was created about a year ago by Dutch photographer Bas Uterwijk.

https://faithfullymagazine.com/dutch-photographer-jesus/

And it's amazing:

https://www.basuterwijk.com/portfolio/C0000hFAng_Rwrws/G0000WVKM6MbiIAc

Have a guess who this woman is:

bas-uterwijk-lady-l-1.jpg

• Like 2

This thread gives some more context

The image from the BBC page linked in that post

_120736966_ancientegyptians.jpg

The reason I've put this in this thread is because of the context of the burials, not discussed in the BBC article, is that they come from Jewish burials in Egypt dating to the first millenium BC. Their DNA analysis is interesting as it shows that while all are generic "West Eurasians" in their deeper origins, their more recent origins put the one on the left, JK2911, as being over 40% Arabian, 40% West Middle East and 10% Southern European. The man in the middle, JK2134, is about 50% Southern European with the remainder being a mix of Arabian, West Middle East and West Central Asia, The man on the right, JK2888, is about 58% West Middle East and 42% Southern European, and, IMO, looks Italian. But this is really to show that within one seemingly monobloc religious group, while there is an underlying sameness, the same origins as just about everybody in Western Eurasia including Europe, there is quite some disparity when their more immediate ancestors are factored in. It shows I think that even in the first millenium BC, Jewishness was determined by your religion, well of course, and not your ethnicity. So trying to come up with a likeness of Jesus, even based on science, is not so easy, impossible in fact.

I think some other context is also needed. Various DNA studies of Ancient Egyptians taken from various parts of the country are showing that the bulk of the population has West Eurasian origins at the deeper level, and from the region of 14,000 or so years ago, and this is very variable, their origins often show them as from an area stretching from Western Europe to the Caucasus and into the Northern Levant. The Thutmosids are predominantly European in their immediate origins, ie, their ancestors  many thousands of years earlier migrated into the Levant and then the Nile Valley from Europe and the Black Sea and Anatolian/Causcuses area. I know this is controversial, but it's what the DNA says.

Edited by Wepwawet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Green Lion said:

That's a pretty ugly picture. It is actually completely inaccurate because it is against Mosaic law for a Jewish man to cut his hair or shave his beard. A Nazarene would also not cut his hair unless he encountered a man's dead body.

Nazirite not Nazarene, Jesus wasn't a Nazirite.

Paul believes a man should not have long hair.

• Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Green Lion said:

Levitical priests where not Jewish?

Ezekiel 44:20 – “And their heads they shall not shave, nor shall they let their hair grow long, they shall keep their hair well-trimmed.”

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 7

15 hours ago, Green Lion said:

Yeah, those pictures are two vastly different people now that I see them next to each other. A wolf in sheep's clothing if you ask me.

Luke 21:8

8And He said: “Take heed that you not be deceived. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,’ and, ‘The time has drawn near.’ [d]Therefore do not [e]go after them. 

There's only room for one c̶h̶a̶r̶l̶a̶t̶a̶n christ.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Splitting hairs... 

During the classical period women wore their hair long except when they were in mourning during which they cut their hair short. Slaves wore short hair. ...
Ancient Greek hairstyles history from www.rwaag.org

9 Dec 2015 — Masks like this may also have been worn by soldiers in contests that re-enacted scenes of Greek myth and history. JW: We say that “ ...

~

• Like 2

23 hours ago, fred_mc said:

There was a similar scientific attempt some years ago. This is the picture they came up with then.

Really? Looks like an Albanian used-car dealer.

• Haha 4

All it is a reference and nothing more. Now if they were working with his DNA or had found the skull then that would be the reference to what he looked like so until they do he can look like any imagination one has.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

All it is a reference and nothing more. Now if they were working with his DNA or had found the skull then that would be the reference to what he looked like so until they do he can look like any imagination one has.

After his three day nap he was abducted by aliens. 

• Haha 3

Leaving all those amphora of water in the tomb turned out to be not so great an idea... 

~

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Abramelin said:

And it's amazing:

https://www.basuterwijk.com/portfolio/C0000hFAng_Rwrws/G0000WVKM6MbiIAc

Have a guess who this woman is:

bas-uterwijk-lady-l-1.jpg

Some Egyptian peasant woman :)  (fallah) 

I believe our word for a bloke (feller)  comes from  this,  possibly picked up from troops stationed in Egypt in WW1, although some say it is a form of fellow