Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Computer-generated image of Jesus

Silver

On 10/2/2021 at 8:34 PM, Green Lion said:

That's a pretty ugly picture. It is actually completely inaccurate because it is against Mosaic law for a Jewish man to cut his hair or shave his beard. A Nazarene would also not cut his hair unless he encountered a man's dead body.

Not seeing the ugly, I agree with other posts he looks kind and has a welcoming face not bad looking at all IMO.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Some Egyptian peasant woman :)  (fallah) 

I believe our word for a bloke (feller)  comes from  this,  possibly picked up from troops stationed in Egypt in WW1, although some say it is a form of fellow 

It's AI interpretation of the face of the Statue of Liberty.

But who knows: maybe she really was a peasant woman.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 9:34 PM, Green Lion said:

That's a pretty ugly picture. It is actually completely inaccurate because it is against Mosaic law for a Jewish man to cut his hair or shave his beard. A Nazarene would also not cut his hair unless he encountered a man's dead body.

• Haha 1

On 10/2/2021 at 6:58 PM, Mr Walker said:

LOL looks a lot like a young me, and even more like my brother. This image is likely to be a lot more accurate than the one often used to portray him This one shows a man of attractive  features   engaging eyes,  and an enigmatic smile 

He must have been  attractive as well as a good speaker to attract so many followers, including women

This bloke would appeal to both male and female values 

Sorry MW, this is my hot Jesus. :P

AC8C38BD-3C88-4BF3-A5D5-E48479E24A0A.jpeg

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2

On 10/4/2021 at 5:24 PM, Abramelin said:

It's AI interpretation of the face of the Statue of Liberty.

But who knows: maybe she really was a peasant woman.

yes but the designer of the statue of liberty originally designed something  similar for Egypt, which couldn't pay for it  

He  used an Egyptian peasant woman's face as the model but adapted/Hellenised it,  when he reworked the design for the statue of liberty

Designed in the late 1860s by French sculptor Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi, the project was to be a statue of a robed female fellah or peasant bearing a torch at the entryway of the Suez Canal in Port Said, Egypt. The statue was to stand 86 feet (26 m) high and its pedestal was to rise to a height of 48 feet (15 m).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egypt_Carrying_the_Light_to_Asia

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/3/2021 at 9:22 PM, toast said:

Really? Looks like an Albanian used-car dealer.

I remember reading that they based it on what a typical person looked like in the eastern Mediterranian area at the time. It says something in the Bible about that Jesus was hard to differentiate from his disciples so if that is true he seems to have had pretty typical looks.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fred_mc said:

I remember reading that they based it on what a typical person looked like in the eastern Mediterranian area at the time. It says something in the Bible about that Jesus was hard to differentiate from his disciples so if that is true he seems to have had pretty typical looks.

I don't remember reading this. I don't think this ever happens in the four Gospels. The only real description of Jesus Christ is in Revelation chapter 1.

1 hour ago, Green Lion said:

I don't remember reading this. I don't think this ever happens in the four Gospels. The only real description of Jesus Christ is in Revelation chapter 1.

The only thing I can think of was that  Judas had to point out which one was Jesus, to those who came to arrest him. 

On 10/4/2021 at 10:36 PM, Sherapy said:

Sorry MW, this is my hot Jesus. :P

AC8C38BD-3C88-4BF3-A5D5-E48479E24A0A.jpeg

Looks kinda like a young Sean Bean.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 8:25 AM, Mr Walker said:

The only thing I can think of was that  Judas had to point out which one was Jesus, to those who came to arrest him. 

Yes, you're probably correct about that that was what I read, just googled a bit and found the following here: https://www.history.com/news/what-did-jesus-look-like

We know Jesus was about 30 years old when he began his ministry (Luke 3:23), but the Bible tells us virtually nothing about what he looked like―except that he didn’t stand out in any particular way. When Jesus was arrested in the garden of Gethsemane before the Crucifixion (Matthew 26:47-56) Judas Iscariot had to point Jesus out to his soldiers among the disciples―presumably because they all appeared similar to one another.

On 10/3/2021 at 6:29 PM, Rlyeh said:

Nazirite not Nazarene, Jesus wasn't a Nazirite.

Paul believes a man should not have long hair.

Paul never met Jesus. What did he know?

He fabricated a divine inspiration, and 'caused' Christianity. The Paul way, that is.

Christendom, or christianity should be renamed: Paulinism.

Well, that's what I think.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Paul never met Jesus. What did he know?

I was addressing whether Jews can cut their hair.

2 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

I was addressing whether Jews can cut their hair.

I know, heh. I just hijacked your post to vent my opinion about 'christianity'.

Sorry.

• Haha 2

On 10/2/2021 at 12:05 PM, The Silver Shroud said:

A good looking fellow. Looks friendly.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

A good looking fellow. Looks friendly.

And paradoxically, indirectly responsible for thousands, if not millions, of deaths.

• Like 3

Hmmmmm... 

0022190dec450f31c6663e.jpg

Handsome Lad too...

~

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, third_eye said:

Hmmmmm... 

Handsome Lad too...

~

Karate Jesus!

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Karate Jesus!

Guess who that is ? 

~

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Karate Jesus!

Image result for space Jesus gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, The Silver Shroud said:

And paradoxically, indirectly responsible for thousands, if not millions, of deaths.

Oh... JESUS CHRIST!!

uhh.... wait... what? :innocent:

Millions? Probably. Islam eclipses that about ten or twenty fold though. Hondus? (Is that the plural?) At least as many as Christians, if not more, and crueler (my opinion) about it.

History is just a bloodbath everywhere IMHO. 

I wonder if you'll be responsible for millions 2000 years after you're dead? Hummm... :whistle:

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, The Silver Shroud said:

No.

It was Paul/Saul, the guy who got 'inspired' on his way to Damascus, the guy who NEVER met Jesus, Paul, the guy who hated women, the guy whose 'version' of Jesus teachings is the basis of Christianity.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

OBL?

Yup, a doppelganger for Yusuf Islam in his Cat Stevens days too ain't he? 

~

Edited by third_eye
  • Like 5

On 10/3/2021 at 12:38 PM, Manwon Lender said:

There is some discussion on this subject, apparently he was possible bald!!!!!:yes:

The old thinking was that you could get a clue from Mary's father; but, that presents a bit of an issue. 

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

The old thinking was that you could get a clue from Mary's father; but, that presents a bit of an issue. 

I think male pattern baldness comes from the mother's side.