Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Computer-generated image of Jesus

Silver

On 10/8/2021 at 7:34 PM, The Silver Shroud said:

And paradoxically, indirectly responsible for thousands, if not millions, of deaths.

How can he be held in any way responsible, even indirectly?  

Every human is responsible for their own actions and behaviours, and cant transfer that   responsibility to anyone, or anything, else 

43 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Every human is responsible for their own actions and behaviours, and cant transfer that   responsibility to anyone, or anything, else 

Hi Walker

It depend on the situation and you know that. Even if you the hero Adonis/Travolta/Kaplan(Kotter) were trying to save your wife from(insert bad guy here) That would matter to me if millions of other lives were negatively affected. Now you may ask what ne affected means in this sense and that is a fair question to ask and the answer is not as simple as the world you proclaim to live in.

Do you understand that our species survived watching what killed others?

1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

Behold the lord, bask in his glory bow down unto him and praise him because thou art made in his image!:nw:

5B391279-C5A8-43C4-B136-30A6920A8F74-9914-0000082116F8F6A6.png

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

It depend on the situation and you know that. Even if you the hero Adonis/Travolta/Kaplan(Kotter) were trying to save your wife from(insert bad guy here) That would matter to me if millions of other lives were negatively affected. Now you may ask what ne affected means in this sense and that is a fair question to ask and the answer is not as simple as the world you proclaim to live in.

Do you understand that our species survived watching what killed others?

In reality no it does not.

We all have a choice; even if it is only to live or  to die.

We all make choices based on many things, from  raw emotions to pure logic ,and everything in between  .

I tend to look forward to all possible scenarios and plan the best outcome for every one of them   It is not perfect, but it means my chances of survival and success are much higher  eg  My wife and iplanned and practiced what we would do if confronted by an intruder in our farmhouse, miles from  any help, and even how we would  act AFTER the event 

Humans  survived by adapting to our environment.

Like all animals, this included physically adapting, but we had the advantage of thinking and thus adapted using our minds 

I worked out long ago the moral, logical and philosophical choices I would make to any  scenario, and in reality I've implemented those choices every time Eg I would kill without compunction  any person  who was trying to kill an innocent.  I would happily (well not happily but without remorse or regret)  torture anyone planning harm    if it could  prevent the  killing of innocents  by discovering their plans 

I dont see those as immoral choices, but  as logical and moral ones.

Thus i wouldn't feel any guilt or sorrow.

Id risk my own life to save another, but not put another's life at risk to save a third person or myself 

I wouldn't kill one innocent person to save many innocent people,  because numbers don't matter, only morality. 

Edited by Mr Walker

7 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Behold the lord, bask in his glory bow down unto him and praise him because thou art made in his image!:nw:

5B391279-C5A8-43C4-B136-30A6920A8F74-9914-0000082116F8F6A6.png

I guess I   have to look at the  picture to understand where you are coming from :) 

Personally   I have found that here is a little bit of god in all of us, and a little bit of all of us in god  ie we are actually one with god as well as being one with all self  aware beings in existence. 

That quote reinforces my own understanding of "god"

ie that it is also imperfect, evolving,  learning. just as we are  

If we are an image of god, then god is also  (at least in part)  an image of us.

Just older, wiser, and more powerful :) 

God's a mate (or perhaps a parental figure) .

You don't bow down to a mate or parent, although you might listen to them and  praise them.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

I guess I   have to look at the  picture to understand where you are coming from :) 

Personally   I have found that here is a little bit of god in all of us, and a little bit of all of us in god  ie we are actually one with god as well as being one with all self  aware beings in existence. 

That quote reinforces my own understanding of "god"

ie that it is also imperfect, evolving,  learning. just as we are  

If we are an image of god, then god is also  (at least in part)  an image of us.

Just older, wiser, and more powerful :) 

God's a mate (or perhaps a parental figure) .

You don't bow down to a mate or parent, although you might listen to them and  praise them.  

Thank you for maintaining a sense of humour.

Takre Care. 

On 10/12/2021 at 8:58 AM, Manwon Lender said:

Thank you for maintaining a sense of humour.

Takre Care. 

OH a lot of peole think it odd that I perceive god as an alien being 

Well, of course, "he" is.

He' s not human and he's not from  earth :) 

I've never encountered it's "true physical  form" as far as I know,  but then form is irrelevant compared to  the function and nature of a being 

I sometimes suspect the cosmic consciousness is an ancient artificial intelligence, designed and constructed to interact with other emerging species, and guide them to maturity 

It has at its command very advanced technologies to do it's physical work for it,  but is most effective when it connects to the mind of a human being, to guide, educate, and empower.

As an aside, I've  watched many alien species through their minds, while connected via the cosmic consciousness, and lived within their minds for short periods as they worked fought or played.

Ive never encountered any, like the ones shown as the most common form of alien,   such as the one in your picture,  but there are many forms across our galaxy  and its possible there are some which look like that.    

There certainly are ones like the arachnid forms in Heinlein's Starship Troopers, but they are peaceful, and technologically advanced. constructing and   manning light sail ships in the galactic centre..

They look kinda like the crab in this picture, but with a long torso and a head, like a human being,  and have opposable digits on their arms/hands  :)  Very effective working in the rigging of their  light sail ships  (although most of the operation is motorised and computerised )

Edited by Still Waters
Image removed for copyright reasons

3 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

What if you were brainwashed as a child to believe nonsense? Would you still be fully responsible for your beliefs as an adult? 

• Like 2

On 10/12/2021 at 9:23 AM, Mr Walker said:

OH a lot of peole think it odd that I perceive god as an alien being 

Well, of course, "he" is.

He' s not human and he's not from  earth :) 

I've never encountered it's "true physical  form" as far as I know,  but then form is irrelevant compared to  the function and nature of a being 

I sometimes suspect the cosmic consciousness is an ancient artificial intelligence, designed and constructed to interact with other emerging species, and guide them to maturity 

It has at its command very advanced technologies to do it's physical work for it,  but is most effective when it connects to the mind of a human being, to guide, educate, and empower.

As an aside, I've  watched many alien species through their minds, while connected via the cosmic consciousness, and lived within their minds for short periods as they worked fought or played.

Ive never encountered any, like the ones shown as the most common form of alien,   such as the one in your picture,  but there are many forms across our galaxy  and its possible there are some which look like that.    

There certainly are ones like the arachnid forms in Heinlein's Starship Troopers, but they are peaceful, and technologically advanced. constructing and   manning light sail ships in the galactic centre..

They look kinda like the crab in this picture, but with a long torso and a head, like a human being,  and have opposable digits on their arms/hands  :)  Very effective working in the rigging of their  light sail ships  (although most of the operation is motorised and computerised )

The subject of what alien species could look like is very thought provoking to me. The only place we are currently able to look for life forms that are truly alien to all other creates on Earth located are at depths that would crush a submarine. While existing in temperatures that are so high that any other life form on Earth would die immediately. That use toxic chemicals including  Sulphuric Acid and other toxic chemical compounds as their primary food source while living in total darkness and never seeing the light of day. 

These creatures are the best examples of what alien life forms could look like, in fact the actual introduction into Earths Biosphere is still a bit of mystery.

CB1FFCD5-F026-4B89-B348-BE5940A5BC7B-9914-00000833088716E5.jpg

23E44CBE-D134-447C-85F2-BD16B1981403-5029-000004A8738639C8.jpg

36A7A58F-C94D-47C0-818C-940C561769E5-5029-000004A85EDA1625.png

50EA126A-1F3B-470E-8163-B588A8AC78EA-5029-000004A8B5994D94.jpg

10 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

What if you were brainwashed as a child to believe nonsense? Would you still be fully responsible for your beliefs as an adult? 

In reality if you were brainwashed and taught from a certain perspective how could you be held accountable for actions you have never been in control of from the beginning of your life? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Silver Shroud said:

Yes. (IMO) 

As an adult you would be exposed to other views opinions beliefs etc and thus have a choice to change your own.

No one lives in a world with only one common set of  social values, moralities, or norms 

Only those lacking the mental capacity to choose are not responsible eg young children and  those who have lost the capacity through age or illness

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

In reality if you were brainwashed and taught from a certain perspective how could you be held accountable for actions you have never been in control of from the beginning of your life? 

Because you WILL see other pov and values and you WILL have a choice to adopt them and abandon your own.

Only as a child can you not be held responsible, as you may not be  exposed to alternative values or beliefs (although that is very unlikely in the modern world )

That is the wonder of the human mind.

Without true physical brain washing it cannot be compelled or forced, and always has a choice  This does not mean that every adult has the ability (discipline will power courage etc.) to step outside of childhood conditioning,  but its always physically possible,  and many members here  have demonstrated their own abilty to do so . Ie rejected parental beliefs, values, etc. 

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

The subject of what alien species could look like is very thought provoking to me. The only place we are currently able to look for life forms that are truly alien to all other creates on Earth located are at depths that would crush a submarine. While existing in temperatures that are so high that any other life form on Earth would die immediately. That use toxic chemicals including  Sulphuric Acid and other toxic chemical compounds as their primary food source while living in total darkness and never seeing the light of day. 

These creatures are the best examples of what alien life forms could look like, in fact the actual introduction into Earths Biosphere is still a bit of mystery.

CB1FFCD5-F026-4B89-B348-BE5940A5BC7B-9914-00000833088716E5.jpg

23E44CBE-D134-447C-85F2-BD16B1981403-5029-000004A8738639C8.jpg

36A7A58F-C94D-47C0-818C-940C561769E5-5029-000004A85EDA1625.png

50EA126A-1F3B-470E-8163-B588A8AC78EA-5029-000004A8B5994D94.jpg

Yep; life is diverse and adaptable. Carl Sagan  once hosted  a TV programme which looked a t how life forms might evolve under non earth conditions , including silica based life forms.  I really hope we might find the remains of life on Mars, to give a wider perspective of evolution under non- earth conditions 

Edited by Mr Walker

On 10/12/2021 at 6:15 AM, Mr Walker said:

Yep; life is diverse and adaptable. Carl Sagan  once hosted  a TV programme which looked a t how life forms might evolve under non earth conditions , including silica based life forms.  I really hope we might find the remains of life on Mars, to give a wider perspective of evolution under non- earth conditions 

I remember the line from the movie Jurassic Park; Jeff Goldblum's character said - "Life finds a way"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

So he's dead for sure...

What!?!?:blink:

3 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

Sean bean always die in his movies bro... it's a joke...

Sharpe died?

On 10/13/2021 at 10:52 PM, Phantom309 said:

I remember the line from the movie Jurassic Park; Jeff Goldblum's character said - "Life finds a way"

And I remember another line from Goldblum: "Oh my god, we're in the hands of engineers!"

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

Sean bean always die in his movies bro... it's a joke...

lol He's been in over 80 movies, and many series.  Not sure how many he has died in.

He was killed (by orcs)  in lord of the rings but died of old age in Henry the 8th

https://www.throughtheclutter.com/sean-bean-10600.php

On 10/2/2021 at 3:51 PM, L.A.T.1961 said:

So Osama bin laden was Jesus. :o

The dumbest comment so far !

On 10/3/2021 at 6:47 AM, fred_mc said:

There was a similar scientific attempt some years ago. This is the picture they came up with then.

jesus-real-three-sides-1024x415.jpg

Had a tough 33 (or so) years by the looks of it, did poor old Jesus lol.