Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

These Counties are where the most Most UFO Sightings occur in the United States

Grim Reaper 6

Reported sightings of unidentified flying objects (UFOs) have increased in recent years, and some parts of the country have proven to be particularly hospitable to strange things in the sky -- or at least to those who see them. A number of factors influence the number of sightings, including population, geography, climate, and weather. Reporting is facilitated by access to broadband, and media reports may create a feedback loop: high-profile incidents, such as when airline pilots report being buzzed by fast-moving objects, are often followed by a rash of sightings. (Here is why scientists think there is life on other planets.)

In the link below there a slide show that identifies the counties where sightings occur most frequently!

These Are the Counties With the Most UFO Sightings (msn.com)

an Astronomy professor from the area reckons that with Shaw Air Force Base always conducting drills over the adjacent ocean, commonly with flairs, which most don't recognize, are the cause for most sightings. remember, this is very big touristy area, so people are constantly out on their balconies looking over the ocean and seeing these things. makes sense as most sightings from that area are very uniform and describe flairs often to a 'T' 

not totally dismissing anything, it just seems plausible 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

not totally dismissing anything,

I am dismissing something... I am completely, totally and absolutely dismissing any and all UFO sightings  as M2E2.  (i just made that up)...MMEE...Man Made Earth Events.   

With Trillions of Galaxies...each containing Billions of Star systems....it is kind of ridiculous to think that we are the only life in the entire Universe.  But it is equally ridiculous to think that somewhere out there...civilizations millions of years old...have found a way to traverse the unbelievably large expanses of space between star systems.

I will just say as matter-of-factly as I can:  it is impossible for anything other than light to travel at the speed of light.  And it is impossible to travel faster than the speed of light. Even though  this website  says galaxies far away from us are doing exactly that:

Distant galaxies are also moving at quite a rate. Space is expanding everywhere: the more space you are looking through the faster the galaxies you see are moving away from us. Far enough off, galaxies are effectively retreating faster than light speed, which means we can never see them because their radiation can’t reach us.

....no.  They are not.  That is a ridiculous theory with no merit being presented as fact.  How in the name of all things Holy, can we know anything about galaxies we have never seen....geeze...and people call me stupid....There may be things faster than comets...enlighten me if you know of any...  But even 600 km/s is a snails pace compared with the vast expanses of space.  And...only light travels at the speed of light...so...all that to say...no one is zipping around our solar system.

disclaimer Numero uno...website presented in this post was found using google and in no way exemplifies anything other that what I was looking for which was...fastest objects in the universe...and because I didn't feel a desire to subscribe to their stupid website...I wasn't able to read past Comet Speed...pfffft

discaimer Numero dos...this post is in no way intended to be a rebuttal for anything in the previous post...some  have absolute respect for the good looking ape..I for one am one of these....

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, joc said:

I am dismissing something... I am completely, totally and absolutely dismissing any and all UFO sightings  as M2E2.  (i just made that up)...MMEE...Man Made Earth Events.   

With Trillions of Galaxies...each containing Billions of Star systems....it is kind of ridiculous to think that we are the only life in the entire Universe.  But it is equally ridiculous to think that somewhere out there...civilizations millions of years old...have found a way to traverse the unbelievably large expanses of space between star systems.

I will just say as matter-of-factly as I can:  it is impossible for anything other than light to travel at the speed of light.  And it is impossible to travel faster than the speed of light. Even though  this website  says galaxies far away from us are doing exactly that:

Distant galaxies are also moving at quite a rate. Space is expanding everywhere: the more space you are looking through the faster the galaxies you see are moving away from us. Far enough off, galaxies are effectively retreating faster than light speed, which means we can never see them because their radiation can’t reach us.

....no.  They are not.  That is a ridiculous theory with no merit being presented as fact.  How in the name of all things Holy, can we know anything about galaxies we have never seen....geeze...and people call me stupid....There may be things faster than comets...enlighten me if you know of any...  But even 600 km/s is a snails pace compared with the vast expanses of space.  And...only light travels at the speed of light...so...all that to say...no one is zipping around our solar system.

disclaimer Numero uno...website presented in this post was found using google and in no way exemplifies anything other that what I was looking for which was...fastest objects in the universe...and because I didn't feel a desire to subscribe to their stupid website...I wasn't able to read past Comet Speed...pfffft

discaimer Numero dos...this post is in no way intended to be a rebuttal for anything in the previous post...some  have absolute respect for the good looking ape..I for one am one of these....

My comments are based upon your comments I bolded above. When we consider that another civilization along with its Species theoretically could be more than a Billion years older then ours. Then for them to be able to transverse the huge intergalactic distances between Stars and Solar Systems would not be as difficult as you and many many others think it would be.

I mean look at our Species and our technology, we went from Homo Erectus to Homo Sapiens ( Modern Man ) around a 1000,000 years ago. Then in Just 200 years we have advanced further and faster than the Million Years that came before it.  Then Albert Einstein comes along with his theories of SPECIAL AND GENERAL Relativity. Which theoretically proves that since Space and Time are linked together that the new term for Space and Time should be viewed as Space-Time which is the fabric of our entire Universe. 

But not only is Space-Time the fabric of the Universe, but that it is mailable and can in extreme circumstances it's possible to Warp it or even fold it. In approximately 1927, Professors Einstein and Rosen put their heads together and through mathematical formulas developed a method that is based upon Einstein other theories would allow travel to distant points with out ever reaching light Speed. This method is where Space-Time could be warped in such a manner that travel from any fixed point could theoretically allow you to move from one end of our Universe to another.

Over Millions of Light Years instantaneous. This theoretical method of travel is known as a Einstein-Rosen Bridge or more commonly known as a Wormhole. Now mathematically the theory is sound the only thing preventing us from experimenting with it is our level of Astrophysics and our under developed technology. 

The first diagram below explains how a Einstein-Rosen Bridge would function and the second diagram is a graphic representation of our current knowledge of Physics. Now like I said the human race is so far behind the power curve of an Alien Species that is only a million years older than ours. That when you throw into the mix and Alien Species that is a Billion years older than us, Universal travel should not even be a serious issue.

Peace Bro.

Below is how an Einstein-Rosen Bridge or a Wormhole would actually work. 

84CC42FE-259A-4369-B5DA-7B8FFCC6F5B9-2943-000002F1E82031E7.jpg

This peice of Swiss Chese represents our current level of all forms of Physics and the holes represent the current holes in our knowledge.

D5949CEC-7A9C-4F74-B623-A876AF74530E-2943-000002F2C102DB79.jpg

Edited by Manwon Lender

4 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

My comments are based upon your comments I bolded above. When we consider that another civilization along with its Species theoretically could be more than a Billion years older then ours. Then for them to be able to transverse the huge intergalactic distances between Stars and Solar Systems would not be as difficult as you and many many others think it would be.

I mean look at our Species and our technology, we went from Homo Erectus to Homo Sapiens ( Modern Man ) around a 1000,000 years ago. Then in Just 200 years we have advanced further and faster than the Million Years that came before it.  Then Albert Einstein comes along with his theories of SPECIAL AND GENERAL Relativity. Which theoretically proves that since Space and Time are linked together that the new term for Space and Time should be viewed as Space-Time which is the fabric of our entire Universe. 

But not only is Space-Time the fabric of the Universe, but that it is mailable and can in extreme circumstances it's possible to Warp it or even fold it. In approximately 1927, Professors Einstein and Rosen put their heads together and through mathematical formulas developed a method that is based upon Einstein other theories would allow travel to distant points with out ever reaching light Speed. This method is where Space-Time could be warped in such a manner that travel from any fixed point could theoretically allow you to move from one end of our Universe to another.

Over Millions of Light Years instantaneous. This theoretical method of travel is known as a Einstein-Rosen Bridge or more commonly known as a Wormhole. Now mathematically the theory is sound the only thing preventing us from experimenting with it is our level of Astrophysics and our under developed technology. 

The first diagram below explains how a Einstein-Rosen Bridge would function and the second diagram is a graphic representation of our current knowledge of Physics. Now like I said the human race is so far behind the power curve of an Alien Species that is only a million years older than ours. That when you throw into the mix and Alien Species that is a Billion years older than us, Universal travel should not even be a serious issue.

Peace Bro.

This peice of Swiss Chese represents our current level of all forms of Physics and the holes represent the current holes in our knowledge.

"Below is how an Einstein-Rosen Bridge or a Wormhole would actually work."   No, that is an illustrators impression of what he thinks somebody he doesn't understand is speculating about.

It's equivalent to showing a picture of the Millenium Falcon & title it 'This is how a faster than light spaceship works'

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

"Below is how an Einstein-Rosen Bridge or a Wormhole would actually work."   No, that is an illustrators impression of what he thinks somebody he doesn't understand is speculating about.

It's equivalent to showing a picture of the Millenium Falcon & title it 'This is how a faster than light spaceship works'

Ok so please help us out here, and give us a more practical example of a theoretical model of a Einstein-Rosen Bridge based upon their 1935 paper!

I'm with Hawking on the subject of aliens :-

While Hawking expresses near certainty that alien life exists in the universe, he does not believe aliens have visited Earth in UFOs or at any point in history. "Why hasn't the Earth been visited, and even colonised?" Hawking wrote on his official website. "I discount suggestions that UFOs contain beings from outer space. I think any visits by aliens, would be much more obvious, and probably also, much more unpleasant."

In the essay Hawking describes some of the possibilities for the universe's seeming silence, speculating that intelligence may be one of many possible evolutionary outcomes or, mostly darkly of all, the possibility that "intelligent life destroys itself."

33 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Ok so please help us out here, and give us a more practical example of a theoretical model of a Einstein-Rosen Bridge based upon their 1935 paper!

Can't I'm afraid. No such thing as a 'practical' example of a 'theoretical' model.

'practical' :- "of or concerned with the actual doing or use of something rather than with theory and ideas"

'theoretical' :- "concerned with or involving the theory of a subject or area of study rather than its practical application."

We can theorize the ***t out of it, but we can't show how it works in practicality.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Can't I'm afraid. No such thing as a 'practical' example of a 'theoretical' model.

'practical' :- "of or concerned with the actual doing or use of something rather than with theory and ideas"

'theoretical' :- "concerned with or involving the theory of a subject or area of study rather than its practical application."

We can theorize the ***t out of it, but we can't show how it works in practicality.

I was aware what you answer would be before you made it. My point in my previous post was to give people a basic graphic representation of an Einstein-Rosen bridge. ( Wormhole ) Since there is no functioning model the model that was posted could theoretically be correct however, that doesnt even matter in the scheme of things. In reality there are many members who my read this thread and who may not have enough any idea concerning this subject. 

Oh and by the way,  it certainly isn't necessary to provide definitions of such commonly used words!:lol:

Have a great day man and thanks for your post!:tu:

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

I was aware what you answer would be before you made it. My point in my previous post was to give people a basic graphic representation of an Einstein-Rosen bridge. ( Wormhole ) Since there is no functioning model the model that was posted could theoretically be correct however, that doesnt even matter in the scheme of things. In reality there are many members who my read this thread and who may not have enough any idea concerning this subject. 

Oh and by the way,  it certainly isn't necessary to provide definitions of such commonly used words!:lol:

Have a great day man and thanks for your post!:tu:

I agree with you, it's a lovely illustration of the wormhole theory.:tu: Explained in a similar fashion in the movie Event Horizon I seem to remember.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Peace Bro.

But wait.  Aren't we forgetting Evolution mixed together with a good old fashioned pint of Reality?

1,000,000 years after a major evolutionary upgrade, mankind becomes technological genius in 200 years.  Cool!  Now we are threatening the entire Planet with our technology....how do you think Earth will look in another Billion years?  Will it even be here?  I think your example is just Star Trek Thinking.  In other words, it doesn't come with a shred of Reality to illustrate anything...it is just fantasy.  Reality dictates a much more drastic equation.   It is far more likely that evolution on other planets mirrors almost identically the evolution on Earth and any other planet spontaneously exhibiting life forms.     

200 years of technology...twenty years of Smart Phone technology...and we think something else was doing that a billion years ago and still exists?  Brother...if that were the case...they would be  God....not ET.  

But wait again...didn't I mention in another thread the Crumpled Piece of Paper analogizing your folded paper worm holes ...but it was poo pooed for some reason which I don't remember?   Yes...I did.  But no one has ever seen or experienced a wormhole...again...fantasy...star wars and star trek sci-fi..nothing more...nothing really substantial to sink anyone's teeth into.  The movie Animal House comes into mind.  ...you mean like, the Earth could be like a piece of dust on my finger..

But then again...maybe the universe is shaped more like the Swiss Cheese pic above ...Worm Holes everywhere....and we are the only species of intelligence that hasn't figured it out...all this time we thought all the bears were hibernating in caves when in reality...they just crawled into a worm hole and came out onto a different planet literally 100 feet from this one.  Oh wait...ahem....more fantasy...my bad.  :)

Edited by joc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

But wait.  Aren't we forgetting Evolution mixed together with a good old fashioned pint of Reality?

1,000,000 years after a major evolutionary upgrade, mankind becomes technological genius in 200 years.  Cool!  Now we are threatening the entire Planet with our technology....how do you think Earth will look in another Billion years?  Will it even be here?  I think your example is just Star Trek Thinking.  In other words, it doesn't come with a shred of Reality to illustrate anything...it is just fantasy.  Reality dictates a much more drastic equation.   It is far more likely that evolution on other planets mirrors almost identically the evolution on Earth and any other planet spontaneously exhibiting life forms.     

200 years of technology...twenty years of Smart Phone technology...and we think something else was doing that a billion years ago and still exists?  Brother...if that were the case...they would be  God....not ET.  

But wait again...didn't I mention in another thread the Crumpled Piece of Paper analogizing your folded paper worm holes ...but it was poo pooed for some reason which I don't remember?   Yes...I did.  But no one has ever seen or experienced a wormhole...again...fantasy...star wars and star trek sci-fi..nothing more...nothing really substantial to sink anyone's teeth into.  The movie Animal House comes into mind.  ...you mean like, the Earth could be like a piece of dust on my finger..

But then again...maybe the universe is shaped more like the Swiss Cheese pic above ...Worm Holes everywhere....and we are the only species of intelligence that hasn't figured it out...all this time we thought all the bears were hibernating in caves when in reality...they just crawled into a worm hole and came out onto a different planet literally 100 feet from this one.  Oh wait...ahem....more fantasy...my bad.  :)

Actually the Swiss Cheese is our current knowledge of Physics with the holes representing our gaps in that knowledge. The evolutionary upgrade your talking about above occurred in the last 100,000, with the jump forward in technology occurring in the last 200 years. No they would not be God at all, but one :lol:thing is for certain we would not want to meet them!!

Yes you did mention a crumpled piece of paper in another thread, but the design wasn't symmetrical and our Universe from its beginning has been very symmetrical down to the distribution of matter and anti-matter!! :yes:

My example of a wormhole is the theoretical standardized graphic model used by the entire Astrophysics Community, so your reference to Star Wars and Star Trek is only an example of how you conventionalize what a wormhole would look like.:D

This is why we dont want to meet those advanced Alien's Joc:w00t:

Image result for to serve man gif

Image result for to serve man gif

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Yes you did mention a crumpled piece of paper in another thread, but the design wasn't symmetrical and our Universe from its beginning has been very symmetrical down to the distribution of matter and anti-matter!! :yes:

What do you mean by symmetrical?  

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

I don't really know what they are talking about...and I think it is just so much Star Wars bs.  Quantum this and quantum that.  How about Reality.  But, since we are fantasizing;   How about IF the Big Bang was the cause...why couldn't the universe  be like a crumpled piece of paper?  A sheet of paper comes out as ...a sheet of paper...but if an outside force...like your hands...crumples up the paper...guess what...your sheet of paper is now all wadded up! 

So...what caused the Big Bang?  Oh, well, you know...we really don't know.....

Well...something caused it...Cause and Effect right?  Oh yeah, right...something caused the Big Bang...

Well...if it happened once it has happened countless times...

Imagine if  you will a firecracker being lit and thrown...POP goes the firecracker...but what if you light the fuse on the whole pack?  Different story altogether...

Now, imagine The Big Bang....and another Big Bang and Big Bangs happening like the pack of firecrackers....as the Universe is forming in all it's 'symmetry'...wham...a separate Big Bang at close proximity pushes it into another 'universe' ....maybe they fold together as one...maybe they crash like two cars on the freeway.

Unless you have a concise understanding of Quantum theory...then it's just more fantasy being bantered around as Theory.  ...And...if you did have a deep, concise understanding of Quantum Theory then you would not have just thrown the first website listed from a quick Google Search.

If you cannot really explain symmetry as it relates to physics then...you are just glomming onto bs you don't really understand but 'sounds good'  like Star Trek theory.

I apologize if that sounded harsh...so...yeah...but...yeah... :)

22 minutes ago, joc said:

I don't really know what they are talking about...and I think it is just so much Star Wars bs.  Quantum this and quantum that.  How about Reality.  But, since we are fantasizing;   How about IF the Big Bang was the cause...why couldn't the universe  be like a crumpled piece of paper?  A sheet of paper comes out as ...a sheet of paper...but if an outside force...like your hands...crumples up the paper...guess what...your sheet of paper is now all wadded up! 

So...what caused the Big Bang?  Oh, well, you know...we really don't know.....

Well...something caused it...Cause and Effect right?  Oh yeah, right...something caused the Big Bang...

Well...if it happened once it has happened countless times...

Imagine if  you will a firecracker being lit and thrown...POP goes the firecracker...but what if you light the fuse on the whole pack?  Different story altogether...

Now, imagine The Big Bang....and another Big Bang and Big Bangs happening like the pack of firecrackers....as the Universe is forming in all it's 'symmetry'...wham...a separate Big Bang at close proximity pushes it into another 'universe' ....maybe they fold together as one...maybe they crash like two cars on the freeway.

Unless you have a concise understanding of Quantum theory...then it's just more fantasy being bantered around as Theory.  ...And...if you did have a deep, concise understanding of Quantum Theory then you would not have just thrown the first website listed from a quick Google Search.

If you cannot really explain symmetry as it relates to physics then...you are just glomming onto bs you don't really understand but 'sounds good'  like Star Trek theory.

I apologize if that sounded harsh...so...yeah...but...yeah... :)

No need to apologize, its obvious you did not read the paper :lol: and it very obvious that you dont understand the reason I choose it.:D Well since we are being honest here, I stopped sometime ago taking our conversations seriously. Because of that, I also stopped posting relevant information when having a discussion with you. :yes: For the following reasons:

1. The reason I used that inked source I chose is because you dont read sources supplied, so why bother to give you a more scientific source. Another reason is because you dont reciprocate by adding sources to back up your preconceived notions.:D

2. This is because when you enter a conversation you already have a preconceived notion, and that notion is the only talking point you are willing to discuss. If the other person tries to redirect the conversation away from your preconceived notion you will take a small portion of a comment and redirect the conversation again back to your notion.

3. I have learned that explaining anything to you is not a worth while endeavor, because either you dont understand ( Which I dont believe ) the topic or you intentionally misdirect the conversation back to your preconceived notion which is like a dog chasing his tail, nothing is accomplished except eventually the Dog will get a headache from running around in circles. 

Now, if you find this to be BS that's cool, does another one of your many opinions bother me No. 

I also apologize if you feel my comments are harsh, but some times the truth hurts!!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Too bad it did not include sparse counties with lower populations. Like Adams county in Washington where they are seen on nearly a daily basis.

• Like 1