Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why You Suddenly Need To Delete Google Chrome

The_Phantom_Stranger

I think the days of privacy are coming to an end. People are just going to have to get used to being logged and tracked. You can handle this by having nothing to hide. The pro-privacy people are like the Masada being crushed by Rome. As the Gospel puts it, " Do not worry, because such things have to happen." It is the patience of Saints to understand the outcome is inevitable.

Chrome has serious issues when it comes to protecting your security and your privacy. The world’s leading browser has issued one urgent fix after another this year, as high-risk exploits have been found in the wild; and just a few weeks ago, Google finally admitted it had “accidentally” allowed millions of users to be secretly tracked.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman/2021/10/02/stop-using-google-chrome-on-windows-10-android-and-apple-iphones-ipads-and-macs/amp/

• Sad 2

If you have OneDrive on Windows, your privacy was shot a long time ago.

• Like 3

My Chrome has been acting up for the last week. There's a lot of things I can't open because it comes up as a privacy issue and says someone may be trying to steal my info. Sometimes I have the option to override, sometimes not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Any system that you have a Microsoft O/S on you have no privacy.

I'm on Linux but I use Chrome's version for it.

• Like 2

I mean I see the potential dangers in the whole thing.

But at the same time I also have nothing to hide.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

But at the same time I also have nothing to hide.

Well everybody has something to keep hidden.

What was the name of your first dog?

What city were you born it?

What was the name of your first school?

What was your mother's maiden name?

All of those are security questions that help someone hack your accounts.

How much money is in your IRA and what is the password?

What is your account password for paying accounts by mail?

Just because you have done nothing wrong does not mean some of your information should not be confidential.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

What was the name of your first dog?

What city were you born it?

What was the name of your first school?

What was your mother's maiden name?

All of those are security questions that help someone hack your accounts.

Only if you're stupid enough to supply genuine data.

• Like 1

It doesn't matter.  What do you really have to keep private anyway?  Your sex life?  No one is interested.  Your bank accounts...yeah...good luck hacking into Chase bank.  

I don't care who knows what.  What are they going to do...steal your identity?  No.  They want to sell  you stuff.  That's why your email is riddled with crap you never subscribed to.  Google sold them your info so they could advertise straight to your email because they think they know what you want...and guess what...they do.

I decided one day I would just disable Google...pffft...you can you know.   Good luck with that...no GPS...no microphone...and the list goes on and on as if that weren't enough.

Edited by joc
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Inn Spectre said:

Only if you're stupid enough to supply genuine data.

Like for example if one of the password services has convinced you how safe it is to let them keep your passwords safe?

But of course, if you give false data, you are concealing data and you do have something to hide.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Any system that you have a Microsoft O/S on you have no privacy.

That depends upon your VPN and your Web Browser, but I use Apple Products these days I have a Mac and a IPAD.  In my opinion Apple is the way to go, hands down I know some people dont like Apple especially if you have used Windows all your life. But, the fact remains Apples operating system as far as security is concerned is hands down the best!

JIMO

• Like 2

12 hours ago, susieice said:

My Chrome has been acting up for the last week. There's a lot of things I can't open because it comes up as a privacy issue and says someone may be trying to steal my info. Sometimes I have the option to override, sometimes not. 

My chrome did that yesterday when i tried to get on this site.the only way i could get on this site was to delete it off the desktop and manually search for it with the incognito switched on.:cry:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, diddyman68 said:

My chrome did that yesterday when i tried to get on this site.the only way i could get on this site was to delete it off the desktop and manually search for it with the incognito switched on.:cry:

I had the problem getting on this site too. I did get the option to override it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, susieice said:

I had the problem getting on this site too. I did get the option to override it. 

So did i ,but the error kept popping up when i clicked on a topic.

As the only time i get an error is on this site,i have no idea if the problem is with chrome or u.m.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, diddyman68 said:

As the only time i get an error is on this site,i have no idea if the problem is with chrome or u.m.

I get it when google things like newspaper articles or other sites. Some I can't open at all. The override isn't there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, susieice said:

1 hour ago, diddyman68 said:

I use Chrome all the time (both Mac and PC) and I've never seen any privacy popups when accessing this or any other website.

What plugins/extensions do you have installed ? Also, are you running an anti-virus or firewall application ?

• Like 3

I use Chrome too without any problems.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Saru said:

I use Chrome all the time (both Mac and PC) and I've never seen any privacy popups when accessing this or any other website.

What plugins/extensions do you have installed ? Also, are you running an anti-virus or firewall application ?

I've never installed anything to my Chrome. I had been running ClamAV as viruses for Linux are very rare.

I'm getting the same thing now when I try to open links to The New York Post and other news sites. It's crazy. It's only been the last week that this is happening but I overrode the block for UM and it comes up now with no problem for me. 

I don't know what kind of system diddyman is running.

Edited by susieice

22 hours ago, Green Lion said:

I think the days of privacy are coming to an end. People are just going to have to get used to being logged and tracked. You can handle this by having nothing to hide. The pro-privacy people are like the Masada being crushed by Rome. As the Gospel puts it, " Do not worry, because such things have to happen." It is the patience of Saints to understand the outcome is inevitable.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman/2021/10/02/stop-using-google-chrome-on-windows-10-android-and-apple-iphones-ipads-and-macs/amp/

I never understood why anyone would use Google Chrome or any browser from Microsoft.  The algorithms are so messed up you can't get reasonable search results.   Since the beginning Bing was crap and Google Chrome not much better.

I've been having problems with facebook too. Can't write comments or open games I play. I was in this morning but now I can't access the site. Googled and found this, which may be answering the issue. Anyone else having problems?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/04/technology/facebook-down.html

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/04/tech/facebook-instagram-whatsapp-outage/index.html

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

Facebook is having problems. I just keep getting a message that the site can't be reached and the server address can't be found. I thought for a minute that my computer had finally gone completely bonkers.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/10/4/22708989/instagram-facebook-outage-messenger-whatsapp-error

24 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I never understood why anyone would use Google Chrome or any browser from Microsoft.  The algorithms are so messed up you can't get reasonable search results.   Since the beginning Bing was crap and Google Chrome not much better.

As Jesus says, "Anyone who does not come through the door is a thief and robber," and, "My sheep will recognize me by my voice when I knock, anyone else will cause them to take flight." As the name implies, Microsoft Windows is not a door. There is spyware installed by Microsoft into Windows. It is easy to control a whole population with a GUI by making them click and open windows in any repetitive way you want them to. A command based interface is always better for the user and puts the control back into the user's hand.

I used to be a member of a different forum that has since been disbanded due to a moderator feud. One of the original moderators was knowledgeable of the algorithm and managed to keep their site on top of the search engine results, or it would have been lost on page 10 or something.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Green Lion said:

As Jesus says, "Anyone who does not come through the door is a thief and robber," and, "My sheep will recognize me by my voice when I knock, anyone else will cause them to take flight." As the name implies, Microsoft Windows is not a door. There is spyware installed by Microsoft into Windows. It is easy to control a whole population with a GUI by making them click and open windows in any repetitive way you want them to. A command based interface is always better for the user and puts the control back into the user's hand.

I used to be a member of a different forum that has since been disbanded due to a moderator feud. One of the original moderators was knowledgeable of the algorithm and managed to keep their site on top of the search engine results, or it would have been lost on page 10 or something.

The Jesus quotes are not relevant to this discussion as well as the window and door comment.  Why would anyone think Microsoft Windows is a door?   Are you claiming people don't know the difference?

• Thanks 1

Yep. The outages started just before noon. There's a ton of links now. This probably explains my problems in there for the last week or so. I couldn't access some of the games I play for the last couple of days. Now the whole site is down.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/04/facebook-instagram-and-whatsapp-are-down.html