Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cryonics or Buried

whoa182

Which do you prefer?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Cryogenicly Frozen
    • Buried
    • Cremated

Now before you answere the questions lets think of the facts.

buried you have a 0 % chance of revival

Cremated, you have a 0% of revival

Cryogenically frozen, There is a chance that you will be revived, its definitly the better option

Now personally im paying for Cryonics because there is real evidence that you can preserve the brain well enough and we have already frozen a brain of a cat for seven hours and it began working again, thats just one example.

A funeral can cost JUST AS MUCH as cryonics, but with a funeral there is no chance of coming back... So what have you got to lose? I mean if your dead.. Then you wont care anyway if it dont work and if it works then you have everything to gain.

We could be only 20-30 years away from cryonics working, isnt it worth a try?

There is plenty of evidence to support cryonics and the Technology that is being researched today will make it happen, such as Nanotechnology for repairing cells and Biotechnology and information technology ( implants )

Im really suprised there isnt that many people that are signing up, is it lack of public awareness? Belief in afterlife? Money?

Edited by whoa182

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whoa182

• MedicTJ

• absinthegreen329

• pallidin

I picked Cryonics! It would be a crime to denie future generations my Wisdom, Charisma, Intelligence, Humor and Good looks *gives a dazzling smile*

If anyone would like Information on this you can go here http://www.alcor.org/

That is one of the TOP facilities and most expensive, There are others around the U.S that cost a hell of a lot less

Theres one problem that Ive just thought of with Cryonics, Suppose it did work... Would any of your known family use croynics.

But then, Even if croynics works we are reversing damage so your family may have reached the point where age reversal is possible, I mean I would assume that would be the scenario if revival were achieved.

But there is still a risk that all your family wont make it and dont choose cryonics.

So thats looking at it from a different perspective, I guess..

Well I still have a long life to live hopefully and I`m not really thinking about what I want to happen to me when I die but since Im so young cyronics isn`t looking bad, having a chance to be brought back and to see the future would be amazing!

You cheater. tongue.gif

Don't you have to be frozen, before you die? huh.gif

What about necromancers? rofl.gif

naa just stick me in the ground, i dont want to come back and deal with stupid people from the future. i only want to live once, cuz if u live like me once is enough baby.

naa just stick me in the ground, i dont want to come back and deal with stupid people from the future. i only want to live once, cuz if u live like me once is enough baby.

508082[/snapback]

That is the way to go! Leave one's imprint on history and then farewell! What could be better? thumbsup.gif

I hope the fools in the future have fun with their frozen zombie vegetables.

see we know what were talkin a bout. i mean just how much troubble would it be to get ajusted to ur new life? pffffffffftttt naa ill make friends with the worms.original.gif

see we know what were talkin a bout. i mean just how much troubble would it be to get ajusted to ur new life? pffffffffftttt naa ill make friends with the worms.original.gif

508358[/snapback]

You are not going to make friends with anything, you will be NOTHING, you wont even experience nothing.. It will like before you were born, no existence, you will miss everything, no actually you wont even miss it. just oblivion lol

It probably wont be that much trouble getting used to new life. I mean it depends if your interested in the future really... I am certainly interested in how the future is going to be with all these emerging technologies, the world would probably be almost unrecognizable and there is probably going to be a lot more stuff to do!

Space travel is definitly number 1 on my list to do ! thumbsup.gif

Edited by whoa182

You are not going to make friends with anything, you will be NOTHING, you wont even experience nothing..  It will like before you were born, no existence, you will miss everything, no actually you wont even miss it. just oblivion lol

508728[/snapback]

LoL, how do you know. When you die, can I display your frozen corpse in my living room? Don't worry, you'll get it back.

You are not going to make friends with anything, you will be NOTHING, you wont even experience nothing..  It will like before you were born, no existence, you will miss everything, no actually you wont even miss it. just oblivion lol

508728[/snapback]

LoL, how do you know. When you die, can I display your frozen corpse in my living room? Don't worry, you'll get it back.

508937[/snapback]

Because it makes sense and untill proven otherwise, its correct. As we know once the brain is dead, we are daed rolleyes.gif Like I said, Imagin before you were born... It will be the exact same. Ever lost Consciousness? I have and it was utterly nothing, If I didnt wake up I wouldnt of cared at the time and I didnt even prepare to shut off, it happened without even knowing it was going to happen, Could be simular to dying

I dont plan on dying for a few thousand years or longer thumbsup.gif so no..

I'm all for cryogenics(or whatever its called).

As a techie and philosopher at heart, I would look forward to being revived 500 years in the future. That's just me, and I know it's not for everyone.

I dont plan on dying for a few thousand years or longer  thumbsup.gif  so no..

508966[/snapback]

That about sums you for me, thanks.

I dont plan on dying for a few thousand years or longer  thumbsup.gif  so no..

508966[/snapback]

That about sums you for me, thanks.

509297[/snapback]

Eh?

I put cremation, but now that I think about it, I think cryogenics might be the way to go. I am just dying, no pun intended, to find out what happens in the future. If nothing happens and the world ends before they can wake me up, then I wouldn't even know, so it wouldn't make a difference.

I didn't even think about space travel, I would really love to see where we go with that.

Well I think theres nothing to lose as it costs around the same as a funeral anyway...

You have more chance with cryonics.

http://www.cryonics.org/reports/Dog_Thor.html

Vitrification Protocol used on Dog

by Ben Best

On Thursday, February 10 the Cryonics Institute perfused the dog of one of our Members, Kevin Boyle. This was the second time we perfused the dog of one of our Members with Dr. Yuri Pichugin's Vitrification Mixture (VM).

Kevin had been ruefully watching the declining health of his beloved dog Thor and had come to the difficult decision to euthanize so as to optimize the conditions of cryopreservation. Thor had a pitiful limp due to worsening degenerative myelopathy in his hind legs. The once powerful dog was down to two-thirds his original weight. As Kevin monitored Thor's condition he struggled to decide when would be the best time to euthanize. Kevin didn't want to lose his companion too soon, but neither did he want to risk an untimely death which would reduce the chance for good cryopreservation.

When Thor's deterioration became unquestionable, Kevin finally bit the bullet. Thor, Kevin and Kevin's girlfriend Cheryl loaded into Kevin's van and drove to Michigan from Massachusetts. At 9 am that fateful Thursday morning I was met at the door of the CI Facility by a very sad-looking Kevin. Kevin and Cheryl spent their last hour together with Thor at CI. Cheryl too was obviously upset about Thor's condition and the prospect of euthanasia

user posted image

You can read the rest at that link

sad story sad.gif

Edited by whoa182

Let's see here..........

The world as it is.....is already overpopulated. So the solution to this problem is to freeze yourself until a time when technological advance allows you to be brought back to life.

At the given rate of technological advance, and the trend in increase of population.......

DO THE MATH

Edited by MedicTJ

As a country gets more developed the population actually levels off and stops rapidly increasing in its population. infact Europe population is declining, while 3rd world are going up...

Also earth isnt already over populated and we still have The UNIVERSE to populate. There is plenty of space, I promise thumbsup.gif

If humans want to survive, we have to keep on populating and spreading out from the planet

As a country gets more developed the population actually levels off and stops rapidly increasing in its population.

511771[/snapback]

Sorry, but I don't buy that in the least bit. It is a well documented fact that throughout the history of this planet, the species on the top of the food chain routinely becomes so overpopulated that either they run themselves out of resources, or they are annihalated by some cataclysmic event.

Either way, they experience a drop in population that way, or extinction altogether.

I'm not talking about countries. I'm talking about people.

Care to take a look at the level of this world's population increase over the past 1,000 years? I'll bet you'll be surprised at the incremental increase over the past 50 years alone.

I didn't even bother putting anything down, i'm a teenager, thinking about death makes me depreesed/worried

You're a teenager. Thinking about death should be the last thing on your mind anyway even if you were 150 years old.

Live life. Spending life worrying about its end is only wasting itself.

user posted image

there you go thumbsup.gif

It doesnt matter if you are a teenager, life can end at any time.

But if everyone in the world thought, Well I dont have to fix all this aging and diseases until im around 80, We will get nowhere like that.