Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

hmm... the multiple personalities of freaks

Bizarro

Saruman, i am thinking something strange is going on around here lately. i think someone on this board (or someone booted from it) is having a little fun creating these nonsensical 'foreigner' personalities that post stupid topics in all the forums. we all know the swedish bad speller twins, but today there is someone from Kuwait posting about a friend wanting to marry her cousin. also, ive noticed a lot of idiotic posters in general that aren't registered but still post nonsense posts. now, this could be real but i also think something is up.

for example, i noticed awhile back Gnatti joined and left very quickly. all the while, 'she' was stirring up old issues on the boards and looking for a fight about things. i also received private messages from 'her' that tried to basically get me to say bad things about the moderators/admins (which of course, i did not). she was also supposedly from Alabama (which i think was some kind of ploy to make me trust her more).

what im saying is, can't you find out who is responsible for this crap? its cluttering a nice forum and it appears to be getting worse. this is just my opinion, and i could be wrong about them being fakes but something just doesn't add up...

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bizarro

• Saru

• djdodo

• Magikman

Top Posters In This Topic

DS,

I don't think there's anything particularly strange going on, there's no reason to suspect that these are all the same person. For one thing they have different IP addresses, and have been seen logged on at the same time - someone would have to be going to an awful lot of trouble to do that, with no obvious reason to.

The member you referred to from Kuwait - I don't think there's anything suspicious there either. Jera and Kimm have been seen on-line at the same time, and I don't think there's any link between them and the other people you mentioned anyway. I didn't see much of Gnatti on the board, but it seems he/she had a different IP address again.

Unless there's an obvious troublemaker at work, there's not much I can do. So far I haven't seen any evidence that anyone you've mentioned has been deliberately trying to cause problems.

what about Kimm and Jera? the spelling is not even close to being accidental/bad english, as ive seen them misspell the same word 2 totally different ways. its just totally arbitrary and done for a show. you have to know that is someone just posting nonsense!

and as for someone going to a lot of trouble did you see that Kimm went and set up a website (albeit a crappy one) just to post a link to his 'proof'? someone really has time on their hands...

The only minor problem I've dealt with lately has to do with 'king pillow' and one or two other posts I deleted from other anonomous 'guests' because they were vulgar or nonsensical. 'King' used 3 different guest names the first day, and was basically asking the same questions in multiple threads and being silly. He seems to have calmed down a bit, so I don't really have a problem with him for now. unsure.gif

Magikman

* - Just saw your reply above. From time to time we will have to deal with nonsense, that's the nature of a public forum, but if its harmless and non-vulgar, it's more a nuisance then anything else.

** - I personally thought 'Gnatti' might have been JoJo, given his propensity for employing multiple proxies, but that was just my feeling.

*** - One other thing I wanted to mention, and then I'll stop, I promise. tongue.gif We walk a fine line when it comes to moderating a forum, we don't wish to appear heavy handed or unfairly intolerant (sound familiar?), however, there are limits. What constitutes acceptability is feedback like yours and similar feelings from other members, concerns which can influence the moderation of content and behavior to a great degree.

Edited by Magikman

The threads involving Kimm and Jera are questionnable I admit, but I can't stop them from posting based on bad spelling. It might all be for show, but then again it might not, and unless they are being deliberately disruptive on the forum, there's not a lot to be done.

Duly noted. I sent him an IM.

what about Kimm and Jera? the spelling is not even close to being accidental/bad english, as ive seen them misspell the same word 2 totally different ways

I'm not such a big fan of using this as something against them. I have worked with / mentored / assisted many people who use english as a second language (or third, fourth, etc) and this is a fairly common thing to do. In fact, I have done it myself, and chances are if anyone looks back at their posts, they will have done it on occasion as well.

When looking at their attempts at some words, it is pretty clear that some of them are phonetically spelled out, just like in the old Planetfall text adventure from Infocom (poor Floyd, I wish he didn't have to die). Yes, it makes communication difficult, but under the circumstances it is probably unavoidable.

Did I comment on Kimm's spelling at one point? Certianly, but I feel I was more than justified since she was attacking the spelling of another person while committing 4 more errors in the process.

well, as a person who speaks spanish, korean, and some german let me tell you that only a careless person misspells words in a foreign tongue- a person much to careless to go to the trouble of learning one. most of the time, i will keep my dictionary/grammar book nearby to make sure i am doing things properly. now, i can understand irregular verb problems but Kimm and Jera have no trouble with those things at all. i have a very limited knowledge of norwegian and if swedish is anything like norwegian, they should not be making the mistakes they are making.

their grammar/misspelled words are totally random and nonsensical. they seem to grasp very complex use of common tongue, whereas a student of a foreign language usually sticks to speaking/writing in a very formal manner.

here's a simple test for ya. ask Kimm or Jera to write something about ghosts in swedish and see if they can actually pull it off biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

am I that bad ... sad.gif

It is just a topic sad.gif

If you do not want me in this web site .. well I can just leave if you really do not want me sad.gif

But I do not blame you ((DSchwartz)) but I blame my self for joining this web site if some people do not accept me sad.gif

I feel very sad that you said that about me .. Just maybe that I am form Kuwait ... and I know that that is the reason you said that about me sad.gif

DJ,

This is an old thread from several weeks ago. When it was first posted there had been a large number of postings from some suspicious new members who were all thought to be the same person, and it was initially assumed that you could also be that same person.

This was not a personal dig at you, nobody here has anything against either you, or people from Kuwait. This was simply an observation relating to someone else's suspicious activities that turned out to be nothing.

Well i feel better now that you said that .. but does ((DSchwartz)) mean that Kimm and Jera are one person .. or does he mean some one else.. sad.gif

because I know Kimm ... If he lied... he would tell the truth by the second minute he tells the lie sad.gif

wink.gif And you would know Kimm how exactly?

Djdodo, just ignore me. Saruman summed up exactly what i would say, so i don't feel the need to type it again.

i would never hold being from Kuwait against you.

Well I can't tell you how close we are ((Celticwitch)) but what I can say is that we are Best Friends smile.gif

Saruman, i am thinking something strange is going on around here lately.  i think someone on this board (or someone booted from it)  is having a little fun creating these nonsensical 'foreigner' personalities that post stupid topics in all the forums.  we all know the swedish bad speller twins, but today there is someone from Kuwait posting about a friend wanting to marry her cousin.  also, ive noticed a lot of idiotic posters in general that aren't registered but still post nonsense posts.  now, this could be real but i also think something is up.

for example, i noticed awhile back Gnatti joined and left very quickly.  all the while, 'she' was stirring up old issues on the boards and looking for a fight about things.  i also received private messages from 'her' that tried to basically get me to say bad things about the moderators/admins (which of course, i did not).  she was also supposedly from Alabama (which i think was some kind of ploy to make me trust her more).  

what im saying is, can't you find out who is responsible for this crap?  its cluttering a nice forum and it appears to be getting worse.  this is just my opinion, and i could be wrong about them being fakes but something just doesn't add up...

Well well what have we got here! Another "fine" post by DSchwartz.

First: I am not the same person as Jera.

Secund: here you are. I have writen a little something about ghosts in swedich for you:

Spöken

många säger att spöken är vilsna själar eller själar som inte har blivit klara med någon uppgift som de hade när de var i livet. Spöken kann även vara personer som har kommit tillbaka för att hämnas på en eller flera personer, detta gör de oftast genom att hemsöka eller spöka i denna personens hus.

Third: You cant say that if someone spells badly they are lying!!!

Fourth: DSchwartz: I realy dont like you!

Fift: Celticwitch: If you ask djdodo to send you the "spesial" letter I sent her today and if she agrees to do that you will probably understand.

As I said to Dj, this is an old thread, and relates to an issue that was sorted out several weeks ago.

I don't think we need this to develop into a full scale argument, so I'm going to lock this thread, something I should have done some time ago.

This matter has already been resolved - we don't need to bring it up all over again.