Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Taiwan asks Australia to help prepare for war

Eldorado

4 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi OverSword

We are not talking about Africa, show me on a map that there is a Republic of China and a Peoples Republic of China even with my somewhat tarnished memory there has only ever been one country that has been shown to be China and oh look their name is on the Taiwanese passport

Taiwan,[II] officially the Republic of China (ROC),[h] is a country in East Asia.[20][21] It shares maritime borders with the People's Republic of China (PRC) to the northwest, Japan to the northeast, and the Philippines to the south. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwan

Are you really that ignorant or are you trolling?

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi OverSword

They still identify with China and that is all the point is that I was making and a good part of their population is Chinese and has been for hundreds of years.

The U.S.-based Pew Research Center found that 66% view themselves as Taiwanese, 28% as both Taiwanese and Chinese and 4% as just Chinese.

https://apnews.com/article/taiwan-china-mao-zedong-international-news-asia-pacific-c8a1f7669442b2b86ddff1563c3bd0e9

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi OverSword

We are not talking about Africa, show me on a map that there is a Republic of China and a Peoples Republic of China even with my somewhat tarnished memory there has only ever been one country that has been shown to be China and oh look their name is on the Taiwanese passport

The Democratic people's republic of Korea and the Republic of korea (South Korea) are the same nation. Oh wow :o lol.

Civil wars don't mean anything.

Canada is also just America. Because, you know they are in the continent of North America and all.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

The Democratic people's republic of Korea and the Republic of korea (South Korea) are the same nation. Oh wow :o lol.

I think third eye may have two accounts.

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi OverSword

They still identify with China and that is all the point is that I was making and a good part of their population is Chinese and has been for hundreds of years.

Basically the situation is this:

During the 40s (I think it was the 40s) the Chinese Communists took over Mainland China. At the time, they were basically a coterie of generals, politicians and local big wigs. Another coterie of generals, politicians and local big wigs decided that they didn’t like this and saw their futures being very short and very bloody so bogged off to Taiwan.

At no point did these people denounce their Chineseness. 
So now we have a society in Taiwan that considers itself (for want of a better phrase) “China in exile from China”. Until Chairman Winnie-the-Pooh took over, mainland China ignored Taiwan and called it “Chinese, but not part of China”. The Tainwanese also considered themselves Chinese but not of China. All their paperwork in fact refers to themselves as “China” (the Republic of China). 
Now things these days are getting a bit more fraught, basically China says anything with the word ‘China’ in it belongs to them. Including the South China Sea and Taiwan. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/4/2021 at 9:52 PM, OverSword said:

Anyone else have a feeling that China's ridiculous claim they own Taiwan will be the beginning of the next big war?

The Chinese civil war between the communists and nationalists led to China and Taiwan. The Commies won but couldn`t get to the island to finish their opponents off.  Taiwan are the nationalist side who we support as they are democratic.

• Like 3

Still no change to the ROC Constitution.  But, in the interest of ROC self determination the rest of the world has to imagine it has been repealed an replaced.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

The Chinese civil war between the communists and nationalists led to China and Taiwan. The Commies won but couldn`t get to the island to finish their opponents off.  Taiwan are the nationalist side who we support as they are democratic.

Except, the "UK does not recognise Taiwan as a state and has no diplomatic relations with Taiwan," just to appease those Commies.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/taiwan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Golden Duck said:

Except, the "UK does not recognise Taiwan as a state and has no diplomatic relations with Taiwan," just to appease those Commies.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/taiwan

I never knew that lol.

I just did some digging around and apparently we signed a treaty in the past with Communist China saying we wouldn`t recognise Taiwan as a state. Its not just the UK but many countries don`t recognise it. The USA is one of a limited few.

I guess following the China civil war we picked what was effectively the winning side.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I never knew that lol.

I just did some digging around and apparently we signed a treaty in the past with Communist China saying we wouldn`t recognise Taiwan as a state. Its not just the UK but many countries don`t recognise it. The USA is one of a limited few.

I guess following the China civil war we picked what was effectively the winning side.

You'll be interested to know you can blame the French for the latest escalation

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-04/china-taiwan-national-day-warplanes-explainer/100511702

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I never knew that lol.

No.  We too are cowards.  We changed our minds about recognition in the late 70's too appease the mainland so we could make use of their slaves. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Hi Sparatn

This is from your link.

Taiwan has never declared independence, 

So they still identify as part of China on some level if they have not declared that they are independent

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Civil wars don't mean anything.

Hi Max

And both sides of Korea see it as one country divided.

Canada is also just America. Because, you know they are in the continent of North America and all.

No one in Canada describes themselves as American nor is America printed on our passports or govt letterheads. Yes we are on the same continent so what we are independent countries that have never been one country since the Europeans came here and North America is not the United States it is part of a continent.

China is not on the Chinese continent it is the Asian continent that includes many other independent countries that do not identify as Republic of China on their passports.

Edited by jmccr8
not sure
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, OverSword said:

Changed it to avoid being confused with the PRC, as if you didn't know, so dishonest of you.  

https://www.dailysabah.com/world/asia-pacific/taiwan-changes-passport-to-avoid-being-confused-with-china

1610342755-5ffbe163162f3.jpg

Go ahead and continue at making an embarrassment of yourself with your conformist hypocrisy... 

~

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

I think third eye may have two accounts.

You have yet to prove you are capable of constructing a most simple and basic thought ... 

~

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Sparatn

This is from your link.

So they still identify as part of China on some level if they have not declared that they are independent

Its not that they still identify as China, its that they both are China split along where their civil war ended.

Its like a UK civil war that is largely settled, but leaves the Outer Hebrides in the hands of the other side without finishing them off.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Sparatn

This is from your link.

I mean yeah to avoid invasion. 

Similar to what I said in a different post. They have their own elections, own laws, own identity, own government, own alliances, etc.

But we all put on an act so that everyone can save face and avoid conflict. 

Hence my poll about how the majority of Taiwan citizens consider themselves Taiwanese and not Chinese.

Its a weird spot right.

Like we all consider Taiwan is a independent free nation. 

But at the same time we think that if we give China room to save face by not officially recognizing Taiwan that China will not invade them.

Neither side wants an armed conflict but both still wants to be able to show they are supporting their stance.

Its almost like dealing with a guy with a super fragile ego lol.

Life is stranger than fiction sometimes.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Has Canada ever declared independence from the USA?  No.  Why not?  Because they're two different country's.  At what point has the Peoples Republic of China ever owned and administered the Republic of China, Taiwan?  They don't identify as part of China they identify culturally as Chinese.  Not the same thing. 

• Like 3

Meanwhile we have Taiwan's military staying China could be ready to invade by 2025. 

But they are the same nation right :innocent:

The CCP has never governed the island. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/06/asia/taiwan-defense-minister-china-attack-intl-hnk/index.html

Saying that they are not seperate nations is just gas lighting. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I mean yeah to avoid invasion. 

Similar to what I said in a different post. They have their own elections, own laws, own identify, own government, own alliances, etc.

But we all put on an act so that everyone can save face and avoid conflict.

Hence my poll about how the majority of Taiwan citizens consider themselves Taiwanese and not Chinese.

Hi Spartan

The Republic of China government received Taiwan in 1945 from Japan, then fled in 1949 to Taiwan with the aim to retake mainland China. Both the ROC and the PRC still officially (constitutionally) claim mainland China and the Taiwan Area as part of their respective territories.

• Thanks 2

Hi Spartan

The Republic of China government received Taiwan in 1945 from Japan, then fled in 1949 to Taiwan with the aim to retake mainland China. Both the ROC and the PRC still officially (constitutionally) claim mainland China and the Taiwan Area as part of their respective territories.

I understand how civil wars work. I'm glad we are on the same page lol

26 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Has Canada ever declared independence from the USA?

Hi OverSword

I would think that 2 failed attempts to seize this country by your country would pretty much sum up our independence.:lol:

26 minutes ago, OverSword said:

At what point has the Peoples Republic of China ever owned and administered the Republic of China, Taiwan?  They don't identify as part of China they identify culturally as Chinese.  Not the same thing. 

You do realize that it isn't politics that makes a country it is people and if on legal documents they identify as China then that is what they are. Hong Kong was not under the control of China for a hundred years but has always been a part of China even though they have their own gov't and do not identify as communists

Edited by jmccr8
not sure
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi OverSword

I would think that 2 failed attempts to seize this country by your country would pretty much sum up our independence.:lol:

You do realize that it isn't politics that makes a country it is people and if on legal documents they identify as China then that is what they are.

Do you consider a place with their own Constitution, government, military, and laws as a separate nation?

Because if not than I might as well say Canada is part of the US. It would be just as real as China saying Taiwan is part of the CCP.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I understand how civil wars work. I'm glad we are on the same page lol

So it is a country divided

So it is a country divided

The mainland should be ruled by the ROC, you are correct :P lol 

I mean at what point does a civil war split become two separate countries? 

North and south Korea are two separate nations as well and are recognized as such on a global stage. 

Is Texas still part of Mexico?

The US still part of England?

The CCP has no moral or legal right to Taiwan. An invasion would be to subjugate an independent people.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1