Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Taiwan asks Australia to help prepare for war

Eldorado

3 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

You do realize that it isn't politics that makes a country it is people and if on legal documents they identify as China then that is what they are. Hong Kong was not under the control of China for a hundred years but has always been a part of China even though they have their own gov't and do not identify as communists

It is GOVERNMENT that makes a country. Care to post a link to the "Legal Documents"  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

Do you consider a place with their own Constitution, government, military, and laws and a separate nation?

Because if not than I might as well say Canada is part of the US. It would be just as real as China saying Taiwan is part of the CCP.

Hi Spartan

I don't care really what who thinks is China the only point I made was that they identify with China period. If it is on their passports and legal letterheads then that is what they identify with I have made not comment on the communist aspects nor will I. 

I think most people in Canada understand that our neighbors to the south have a similar political system system and very few of us up here would want to be American living in your system. In this part of the world we are a combination of every culture on the planet Taiwan does not have that same diversity and are mostly of Chinese ancestry so those ties will always be there.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Spartan

I don't care really what who thinks is China the only point I made was that they identify with China period. If it is on their passports and legal letterheads then that is what they identify with I have made not comment on the communist aspects nor will I. 

I think most people in Canada understand that our neighbors to the south have a similar political system system and very few of us up here would want to be American living in your system. In this part of the world we are a combination of every culture on the planet Taiwan does not have that same diversity and are mostly of Chinese ancestry so those ties will always be there.

If you are arguing that two separate nations have a shared cultural history than we are in agreement. Civil wars tend to do that.

Not sure what your argument is about then. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

It is GOVERNMENT that makes a country. Care to post a link to the "Legal Documents"  :rolleyes:

You mean like a passport. Govts change China wasn't always communist but the people that live there have always been Chinese and called China.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

If you are arguing that two separate nations have a shared cultural history than we are in agreement. Civil wars tend to do that.

Not sure what your argument is about then. 

Hi Spartan

I don't have an argument you and OverSword do though . All I have said and defended is that Taiwan still identifies with China period.:lol:

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

You mean like a passport. Govts change China wasn't always communist but the people that live there have always been Chinese and called China.

The Taiwanese passport does not say Peoples Republic of China on it

People's_Republic_of_China_Biometric_pas1610342755-5ffbe163162f3.jpg

Do you see the difference?  Peoples republic of china and republic of China are two legally separate entities with different passports. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Spartan

I don't have an argument you and OverSword do though . All I have said and defended is that Taiwan still identifies with China period.:lol:

Well that clears that up :P (I joke) lol.

But the point of conflict is "identifies with China.".

Identifies as in a shared cultural history and heritage, sure.

Identifies as in Taiwan being part of the CCP, which is what most people mean by "China", no. 

Its just a propaganda point the CCP tries to push to justify invasion of a separate and independent nation. Hence why most people in Taiwan are calling themselves only Taiwanese now. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Do you see the difference?  Peoples republic of china and republic of China are two legally separate entities with different passports. 

Do you not understand what identify with means? When I say China I am not speaking in terms of PRC or ROC and that they cultually identify themselves as China.

You guys must really be scrambling with someone to fight with if you cannot understand that as a simple comment. Are we done now?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Do you not understand what identify with means? When I say China I am not speaking in terms of PRC or ROC and that they cultually identify themselves as China.

You guys must really be scrambling with someone to fight with if you cannot understand that as a simple comment. Are we done now?

If someone said to you that The Republic of Korea identifies with Korea, what would that mean to you?

image.jpg

~

~

This land is your land... 

This land is my land... 

~

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

If someone said to you that The Republic of Korea identifies with Korea, what would that mean to you?

Hi Spartan

That they are a country divided by political ideals and still see each other as part of a whole even though they are politically separated 

• Like 1

"Unincorporated Territories"

Hypocrite Policies... 

~

American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands — these five localities make up what we know as the U.S. territories. These unincorporated territories exercise self-governance, while still sitting subject to the U.S. Congress's plenary power.10 Apr 2017

~

This land was made for "you" and "me"

~

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Do you consider a place with their own Constitution, government, military, and laws as a separate nation?

Is the ROC constitution valid when it states that Mongolia still falls under its governance?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

With constitutional claim over the same land.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

A unified penninsula.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since only 15 of the 195 countries on the planet recognize Taiwan as a country, I'm going to say it is part of China.

46 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Is the ROC constitution valid when it states that Mongolia still falls under its governance?

ROC constitutional isn't valid over Mongolai. They are seperate nations. Just because someone adds you in there constitutional that does that make you the same nation. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Myles said:

Since only 15 of the 195 countries on the planet recognize Taiwan as a country, I'm going to say it is part of China.

Those countries have to do that or they won't benefit from China's immense pools of slave labor.

Only:

Belize, Eswatini, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, the Marshall Islands, Nauru, Nicaragua, Palau, Paraguay, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines and Tuvalu. The Holy See also recognizes Taiwan.

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

Only:

Belize, Eswatini, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, the Marshall Islands, Nauru, Nicaragua, Palau, Paraguay, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines and Tuvalu. The Holy See also recognizes Taiwan.

While we arm Taiwan to protect itself from "itself" :lol: lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

It is GOVERNMENT that makes a country.

Yep... and it's a single miscalculation between militaries that makes a war.  The CCP is playing a very dangerous game.  When they sortie dozens of aircraft with capabilities to execute a serious first strike then Taiwanese military strategists understand that any of those waves could be critical in taking down their country.  IOW, things are at high tempo with a lot of stress.  ONE errant shot could set it all ablaze.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

ROC constitutional isn't valid over Mongolai. They are seperate nations. Just because someone adds you in there constitutional that does that make you the same nation. 

They weren’t added in there though.  Remember ROC used their veto to keep Mongolia out of the UN.  Then later, The World stopped recognising ROC as the legitimate government. 

So while these two opposing governments have claims over the same land it seems like the civil war is not over despite how stagnant you perceive it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

They weren’t added in there though.  Remember ROC used their veto to keep Mongolia out of the UN.  Then later, The World stopped recognising ROC as the legitimate government. 

So while these two opposing governments have claims over the same land it seems like the civil war is not over despite how stagnant you perceive it.

You asked about the ROC constitutional. Not sure where the UN came from.

There have been two clearly seperate societies and governments for decades now.

For example f North Korea attacked South Korea in 2021 surely you would call it an invasion, yes? 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

You asked about the ROC constitutional. Not sure where the UN came from.

There have been two clearly seperate societies and governments for decades now.

For example f North Korea attacked South Korea in 2021 surely you would call it an invasion, yes? 

Problems with comprehension?

I told you about the ROC Constitution, and related activity while the held a seat as a permanent member of the UNSC.

You here arguing you view constitution as signicant except the bits that you consider aren't significant.  Why is it so hard for the ROC to change its constitution when you can do it so easily?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

That's probably because since the ROC considers itself the legitimate government on the mainland but presently in exile, then they considered Mongolia their territory when they left after the war.  Interesting.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2