Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Taiwan asks Australia to help prepare for war

Eldorado

Just now, spartan max2 said:

In the interview with the Taiwan president they also talked about how China is increasing pressure on the reaming 15 nations to resend recognition of Taiwan as a nation.

If a place is not clearly a nation than you wouldn't have to constantly bribe and threaten everyone to agree with you.

The US does not have to threaten or bribe anyone to make them say that Ohio is not an independent nation. It's just self evident.

If nations do not state recognition based on bribes or threats, than that official recognition is clearly just based on politics and not reality. 

Does it not seem silly to you that China has to cosntantly threaten and bribe people to not say the obvious ?

What land claims of Ohio are in dispute.  Which nation has asked Ohio asked for military assistance.  This is another absurd analogy.

If you recognise a territory as a province, how can you go to war?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

If they didn't have the means then, there's no risk ignoring their demand.

They now have the means if they are willing to pay the price.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Taiwan are no longer a member of the UN that is the fact.  An overwhelming majority of UN members don't officially recognise their independence. 

That's a fact.

Irrelevant to them being a sovereign nation.  That's a fact too so I don't know why you can't get off that dead horse you've been beating. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

What land claims of Ohio are in dispute.

Ohio is among the many U.S. states where someone who acts like an owner of property for long enough may actually develop a legal claim to that property.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/who-can-claim-property-based-adverse-possession-ohio.html

Someone making proper use of land for a long enough period of time, in Ohio and elsewhere, gain legal claim.  Since the people of Taiwan lived there for both centuries and decades before the PRC even existed or was recognized by the UN (whatever that means or matters) I would say they have the strongest claim.  Remember it's not just the land that the PRC claims as it's own, it's the people.  China discovered Australia in 1442, do they own you too? :rolleyes:  Your reasoning is ridiculous beyond an argument that the rest of the world winks and says "Yes, we heard you say you own Taiwan" which is not the same as agreeing to it.  The rest of the world, including you koalas, won't agree with China unless Taiwan willingly agrees with it. 

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

Taiwan are no longer a member of the UN that is the fact.  An overwhelming majority of UN members don't officially recognise their independence. 

That's a fact.

So once again, PRC did not exist until 1971? Since they didn't have UN recognition? And Mongolia? Lol.

Or is UN recognition only the end all be all on nation statues if it's about Taiwan.

What land claims of Ohio are in dispute. Which nation has asked Ohio asked for military assistance. This is another absurd analogy.

If you recognise a territory as a province, how can you go to war?

As usual, ignoring the entire post to only zone in on a single part that you think you have the best argument against.

So Mongolia is not a nation because Taiwan claims it's land? Making the land "in dispute."

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

That's a fact.

Including, but not limited to Australia, Britain and America. I think the weasel words are they recognise the sovereignty of Taiwan but not it’s nationhood.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

More to lose than what they can gain ?

If China stop telling that they will take back Taiwan and let them 100% independant, we will see a US missiles launch site and military bases in Taiwan in less than 6 month.. Taiwan will become a US pawn and it will be the end of Taiwan and more problems.

If China step in and take Taiwan with military forces, the US will step in and bomb more or less everything in sight and lay waste to China and the world for 200 years...

So:

1) China will continue to show teeth.                   

2) Taiwan will continue to live semi independently under an anvil ready to fall.

3) The US will continue to whine so it can defer attention away from US internal problems.

Yea I think you pretty well summed it up, let's hope that cooler heads prevail.

• Like 1

FINAL CLAUSES OF MULTILATERAL TREATIES

...regarding the Taiwan Province of China, the Secretary-General follows the General Assembly’s guidance incorporated in resolution 2758 (XXVI) of the General Assembly of 25 October 1971 on the restoration of the lawful rights of the People’s Republic of China in the United Nations. The General Assembly decided to recognize the representatives of the Government of the People’s Republic of China as the only legitimate representatives of China to the United Nations. Hence, instruments received from the Taiwan Province of China will not be accepted by the Secretary-General in his capacity as depositary.

https://treaties.un.org/pages/Resource.aspx?path=Publication/FC/Page1_en.xml

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

If China stop telling that they will take back Taiwan and let them 100% independant, we will see a US missiles launch site and military bases in Taiwan in less than 6 month.. Taiwan will become a US pawn and it will be the end of Taiwan and more problems.

US troops have been in Taiwan for about a year.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

And we have been supplying weapons for much longer.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Including, but not limited to Australia, Britain and America. I think the weasel words are they recognise the sovereignty of Taiwan but not it’s nationhood.

Which makes it difficult to go to war, doesn't it?

There was public appetite, and justification, for INTERFET, which the Man Of Steel eventually followed.

I'm not hearing it hear, yet.  But, we will hear about the illegality of any possible intervention.

Edited by Golden Duck

47 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

So once again, PRC did not exist until 1971? Since they didn't have UN recognition? And Mongolia? Lol.

Or is UN recognition only the end all be all on nation statues if it's about Taiwan.

As usual, ignoring the entire post to only zone in on a single part that you think you have the best argument against.

So Mongolia is not a nation because Taiwan claims it's land? Making the land "in dispute."

You imagined thise claims so you could knock 'em down.  Nobody else 

You're still salty because you raised the significance of a constitution and walked away from it.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

You imagined thise claims so you could knock 'em down.  Nobody else 

You're still salty because you raised the significance of a constitution and walked away from it.

I'm just using your logic against you to illustrate it's glaring contradictions and irrelevance to Taiwan being an independent nation.

As for Taiwan's constitution, please quote where I claimed it was significant to the discussion?

All I could find was you bringing it up before everyone else in post 33. 

Perhaps you are imagining things to knock them down...? ;)

Edit: Ah yes I see now, my post 48 (long after yours) where I listed a range of things factoring into Taiwan being its own nation.

Do you consider a place with their own Constitution, government, military, and laws as a separate nation?

Because if not than I might as well say Canada is part of the US. It would be just as real as China saying Taiwan is part of the CCP.

You never did answer that question :innocent:

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Edit: Ah yes I see now, my post 48 (long after yours) where I listed a range of things factoring into Taiwan being its own nation.

Well done.  It's obvious they are entirely differnt sub-threads.

But, following your post #48 it's clear the significance of the ROC only extends to the parts you deem significant.  However, ROC activity within the UN is entirely consistent with their constitution.  Mongolia is an example of ROC tertororial claims.

Even the Pan-Green rhetoric you're now parading doesn't explicitly disavow One-China.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Some posters never answer any questions, just expect you to, which I note you have the common courtesy to do.  I assume this is because you have an opinion and an argument beyond unspecific UN policy that skirts around not quite saying that China has the right to rule Taiwan.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Some posters never answer any questions, just expect you to, which I note you have the common courtesy to do.  I assume this is because you have an opinion and an argument beyond unspecific UN policy that skirts around not quite saying that China has the right to rule Taiwan.

You acknowledged part of ensuing conversation from the supposed "non answer" as interesting.

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

I'm just using your logic against you to illustrate it's glaring contradictions and irrelevance to Taiwan being an independent nation.

As for Taiwan's constitution, please quote where I claimed it was significant to the discussion?

All I could find was you bringing it up before everyone else in post 33. 

Perhaps you are imagining things to knock them down...? ;)

The question is too simplistic.  While PRC and ROC claim the same territory and neither recognise the other, independence can't be answered.  Incidentally, you rendered your own question moot anyway by deeming you can ignore parts of ROC Constitution. 

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

Being there training troops, and being there with a permanent US military base are two very different things... but it still put oil on the fire, lol !

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, OverSword said:

I did.  You didn't.  Go watch the video or sod off.  You left off a couple of words that make what she said specific about Republic of China Taiwan

~

7 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

You joking now or serious?

That seems extremely straight forward.

The entire interview is pretty interesting if you want to watch the rest of it 

~

You both deserves the hole you're both digging yourselves in.. 

Here, go get creative with your imaginary country... 

“We don’t have a need to declare ourselves an independent state. We are an independent country already.” But the logic of this theoretical question – that the president of Taiwan can unilaterally change Taiwan’s status – is misleading.

https://thediplomat.com/2021/09/taiwanese-presidents-will-not-and-can-not-unilaterally-change-taiwans-status/

~

8 Jun 2021 — Is Taiwan a country? Although recognized by only 14 mostly small nations, plus the Vatican, the Republic of China has existed on the...

~

The Republic of Formosa was a short-lived republic that existed on the island of Taiwan in 1895 between the formal cession of Taiwan by the Qing dynasty of ...

~

"Watch video"

:rolleyes:

This video says Swiss mountain is belong to "taiwan"

4 Oct 2021 — ... of Taiwan showed a mountain in Switzerland instead of Yushan (玉山). ... mountain in the Swiss Alps rather than Taiwan's tallest mountain.

7 days ago — ... for using footage of a Swiss mountain instead of Yushan (玉山) in a ... The

Go have fun... 

~

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 10/11/2021 at 12:23 PM, Abramelin said:

You're another idiot.

Quite possibly.  But that's not really the point as I see it.  I'm hardly the first person to think of Woody Allen's behaviors as sleazy or less than honorable.  Apparently, making a mistake about a factual matter is sufficient to make one an idiot in your view so I'll try to put away my crushing grief and find some way to struggle on in life.  News media at the time regularly mentioned the fact that the daughter was adopted and I think it reasonable to assume HE had adopted her since no one said otherwise.

Either way, IMO, a man who lives in a home with a teen who is the adopted daughter of his partner/significant other and who begins a sexual relationship with her, is not a person worthy of emulation or respect.  You, obviously disagree.  

• Like 2

There is way too much hostility being thrown around in this thread.

For the second time - enough with the insults and derogatory personal remarks - discuss the topic, not each other.

• Thanks 1

On 10/11/2021 at 7:31 PM, OverSword said:

Taiwan has every one of those covered.  Sorry, you lose.  Who could have seen that coming?  Oh yeah, everyone on this thread but third eye.  You keep excellent company.  Here is a clue, if you are on the same side as he then you are on the wrong side.

but it does not have the only important part, military power. that is why they will fall, if they try to take china on.  no australia (lol, as if it could even if they wanted too), nor america along with canada will be able to do anything

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1