Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

216,000 children abused since 1950 in French Catholic Church

LightAngel

I'm out of words! :angry:

"The commission highlighted a “cruel indifference” on the part of the French Catholic Church for victims of the “systemic” abuse.

Speaking at the release of the report, the commission president Jean-Marc Sauvé said the church showed "a profound and even cruel indifference towards the victims" of abuse, up until the early 2000s, when the victims were "not believed, not heard."

https://www.euronews.com/2021/10/05/report-set-to-shed-light-on-sexual-abuse-in-france-s-catholic-church

• Sad 8

There is a reason the Catholic Church is so secretive...I mean, beyond just protecting the bones of the ancient Jesus.   

Consider that in every country where the Catholic Church thrives...this same systemic abuse of children has been going on for centuries...

...we be talking millions, and millions, and millions of abused children...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

and that's just France... 

I've seen seemingly innocent Catholics become extremely defensive when the subject is brought up, they will protect the church with all their might 

reminds me of a saying, just switch it to Catholics..if you have 90 good cops and 10 bad cops, but the 90 good cops cover for the bad cops, how many bad cops do you have? 100

Edited by HandsomeGorilla
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

I also want to explain that this isn't just 'one and done', this type of thing follows these kids their entire lives and they can never reconcile it. they never develop socially, they don't trust people, they drop out of school, have terrible relationships with others, they turn to drugs and alcohol. the homeless, atleast here, have a frequently common denominator...they were abused

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm only surprised that the number of abused kids is lower than I expected.  

Ave Satanas

Edited by HSlim

5 hours ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

and that's just France... 

I've seen seemingly innocent Catholics become extremely defensive when the subject is brought up, they will protect the church with all their might 

reminds me of a saying, just switch it to Catholics..if you have 90 good cops and 10 bad cops, but the 90 good cops cover for the bad cops, how many bad cops do you have? 100

Catholics aren't unique when it comes to blindly defending religious authority.

• Like 1

The Catholics are having a real epidemic with this. Their liberal use of idolatry combined with their prohibition of getting married is leading them to fornicate with children. The Pope really should get rid of the ban on marriage. All he has to do is use his pen to sign the paper, and it is done.

Edited by Green Lion

20 minutes ago, Green Lion said:

The Catholics are having a real epidemic with this. Their liberal use of idolatry combined with their prohibition of getting married is leading them to fornicate with children. The Pope really should get rid of the ban on marraige. All he has to do is use his pen to sign the paper, and it is done.

Hi Green Lion

Are you saying that they should allow priests to have same sex partners in marriage as most of the children affected are boys?

Just now, jmccr8 said:

Hi Green Lion

Are you saying that they should allow priests to have same sex partners in marriage as most of the children affected are boys?

There is obviously something going wrong in there. I think it said in the article that there is 1 aggressor to every 70 victims. I think if they allow marriages again that the straight married priests might root the gay pedophiles out.

1 hour ago, Green Lion said:

There is obviously something going wrong in there. I think it said in the article that there is 1 aggressor to every 70 victims. I think if they allow marriages again that the straight married priests might root the gay pedophiles out.

You do realise that marriage does not stop people from being pedophiles? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

I also want to explain that this isn't just 'one and done', this type of thing follows these kids their entire lives and they can never reconcile it. they never develop socially, they don't trust people, they drop out of school, have terrible relationships with others, they turn to drugs and alcohol. the homeless, atleast here, have a frequently common denominator...they were abused

And how many of those who are abused...become the abuser themselves...multiplying the numbers by millions and millions more ....compute that from the centuries past...we might even be talking billions of abused kids because of the Catholic Church.  But...the faithful continue to send their boys to become alter boys and...oh my, We trust Father So and So...he would never do that...it's never going to stop you know...

...so when we are talking about the power players in the world...Who has the most money?  And who has the most to lose?  And who has the most to benefit from a completely Socialized world where freedom and liberty are curtailed?  And who has the most to hide?         shhhhhhhhh       h o l y  s e e 

It is shocking, but probably an underestimate, and not confined to clergy.

In 2018 in Australia there were (at least)  3100 sexual assaults against children reported and 3900 non- sexual assaults

Another source quotes 5828 cases of sexual abuse of children in Australia in 2011-12

The French average  (from the statistics' in the OP , while admittedly only counting those  from  clergy) is about 3000 per year 

In Australia one report says that 70% of psychiatric patients were abused as children, and  another, that 65% of people in prisons were also abused as children 

Edited by Mr Walker

17 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Catholics aren't unique when it comes to blindly defending religious authority.

While we now going into calculations, pointing fingers..which leads to nowhere..there is an easy solution: get rid of religious sanctities and get rid of all organized religions.

• Like 1

So the Catholic Church are the Satan-worshiping pedophiles that QAnon believers are talking about ? :innocent:

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/6/2021 at 11:48 AM, Jon the frog said:

So the Catholic Church are the Satan-worshiping pedophiles that QAnon believers are talking about ? :innocent:

That would make too much sense for those guys, its gotta be a Clinton-Obama thing.... :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

On 10/5/2021 at 9:55 PM, Mr Walker said:

It is shocking, but probably an underestimate, and not confined to clergy.

In 2018 in Australia there were (at least)  3100 sexual assaults against children reported and 3900 non- sexual assaults

Another source quotes 5828 cases of sexual abuse of children in Australia in 2011-12

The French average  (from the statistics' in the OP , while admittedly only counting those  from  clergy) is about 3000 per year 

In Australia one report says that 70% of psychiatric patients were abused as children, and  another, that 65% of people in prisons were also abused as children 

It's world wide, no question.....look at all the recent revelations that surfaced in Canada, on both coasts....

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 7:57 PM, Phantom309 said:

It's world wide, no question.

Yup.

Also in Denmark.

Abuse has many faces...

On 10/13/2021 at 7:55 PM, Phantom309 said:

That would make too much sense for those guys, its gotta be a Clinton-Obama thing.... :rolleyes:

I guess you are trying to be funny (and I do love good humor)

But I can't laugh at a painful topic like this.

On 10/6/2021 at 3:55 AM, Mr Walker said:

Our childhood makes us who we are.

And therefore, we should work towards understanding each other instead of judging.

This isn't easy when it comes to pedophiles!

However, to find a cure then we need to understand their disease.

And that will be a painful process for everybody.

On 10/6/2021 at 3:55 AM, Mr Walker said:

Can you please post where you got these numbers?

Edit: Never mind - I just found them!

Edited by LightAngel

9 hours ago, LightAngel said:

I guess you are trying to be funny (and I do love good humor)

But I can't laugh at a painful topic like this.

I'm not referring whatsoever to the abuse and horrors suffered by all these innocent kids, I'm referring to the twisted whack nut monstrosities running many of these Catholic churches. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, LightAngel said:

Can you please post where you got these numbers?

Edit: Never mind - I just found them!

OK  They weren't quotes as such, just what I remembered/noted  from  reports I had read.  However,  if you hadn't found them yourself I would have looked them up for you. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/5/2021 at 3:39 PM, HandsomeGorilla said:

We all know victims of this, and it's true what you say that this follows them - but I think intense therapy can help them so they can start living their life instead of just surviving.

Physical and emotional trauma can take years to heal.

3 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

OK  They weren't quotes as such, just what I remembered/noted  from  reports I had read.  However,  if you hadn't found them yourself I would have looked them up for you. 

That's very kind of you. :)