Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Bigfoot" Can you show me some proof ?

TheGoldenBoy

Hello everyone,

by dint of wandering around on this section of the forum, I am quite surprised by the number of posts dealing with "Bigfoot". Looking at the responses to these posts, I noticed that there are quite a few people who are fully convinced of its existence. So there you go, I would like them to show me some proof, in fact I just want to understand how they arrived at this reasoning. 

I want to clarify that everyone believe what he wants.

Thanks.

"Can you show me some proof ?" 

nope 

and I honestly don't think it's an outlandish thing to believe in as we did have 'something' like it at one time, although it wasn't known to live here 

but as of right now, yea, no...nothing there 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, TheGoldenBoy said:

Hello everyone,

by dint of wandering around on this section of the forum, I am quite surprised by the number of posts dealing with "Bigfoot". Looking at the responses to these posts, I noticed that there are quite a few people who are fully convinced of its existence. So there you go, I would like them to show me some proof, in fact I just want to understand how they arrived at this reasoning. 

Thanks.

I have an open, but also sceptical mind and I wanted to believe in Bigfoot.

However, the more I examined the various claims and sightings - and I spent considerable time on that - the less convinced I became.

So no, there doesn't exist any such creature.

• Like 2

There's no proof of Bigfoot, or it wouldn't be a cryptid!  There's also no proof of it not existing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ell said:

I have an open, but also sceptical mind and I wanted to believe in Bigfoot.

However, the more I examined the various claims and sightings - and I spent considerable time on that - the less convinced I became.

So no, there doesn't exist any such creature.

I have the same way of thinking as you, skeptical but open. But it is precisely those who are convinced of his existence that I want them to show me their proof. Why are they so convinced, by evidence or by pure conviction?

1 hour ago, TheGoldenBoy said:

Hello everyone,

Thanks.

My grandson says he and his dad saw a bigfoot while camping in the Malpais when he was about 10.   It is a strange place to see a bigfoot and you can tell by the name of the place, few trees, just lava rock and a few cactus and some tough grass.   I don't think bigfoot is on planet earth, I think it is a memory from someplace else, either that or a dimensional visitor.   

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

My grandson says he and his dad saw a bigfoot while camping in the Malpais when he was about 10.   It is a strange place to see a bigfoot and you can tell by the name of the place, few trees, just lava rock and a few cactus and some tough grass.   I don't think bigfoot is on planet earth, I think it is a memory from someplace else, either that or a dimensional visitor.   

OK, say Bigfoot actually IS a time traveling space ape... why the hell would they wanna come here? although if I could travel like that, I'd be in the forests of the pnw, too

Edited by HandsomeGorilla

51 minutes ago, TheGoldenBoy said:

I have the same way of thinking as you, skeptical but open. But it is precisely those who are convinced of his existence that I want them to show me their proof. Why are they so convinced, by evidence or by pure conviction?

It's mostly hope.  Childhood passions that people keep alive.   I'm kind of the same way.   Still holding out a little hope, but realizing that the chances of it existing is under 1%.   

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

OK, say Bigfoot actually IS a time traveling space ape... why the hell would they wanna come here? although if I could travel like that, I'd be in the forests of the pnw, too

I don't know if dimensional travel is the same as time travel.   And I have no idea why any of the mythical creatures (including aliens from outer space) would want to bother with us.   It is just an idea I had read and think could explain some strangeness, if it were real.

• Like 1

My favorite story about yeti is fiction   Escape from Katmandu by Kim Stanley Robinson, who wrote some pretty good stories about colonizing mars.   

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

I don't know if dimensional travel is the same as time travel.   And I have no idea why any of the mythical creatures (including aliens from outer space) would want to bother with us.   It is just an idea I had read and think could explain some strangeness, if it were real.

agreed, different topics. although dimensional travel is most likely. it's not 'get in a flying saucer and travel at 10k mph', it's obviously more of a manipulation of time and space. honestly, I can see us atleast discovering this, in my lifetime. hopefully. I hope I live long enough to see that. and if there are others out there, surpassing by possibly just a few thousand years, maybe it's old hat to them and they're already finding something else? 

Just now, HandsomeGorilla said:

agreed, different topics. although dimensional travel is most likely. it's not 'get in a flying saucer and travel at 10k mph', it's obviously more of a manipulation of time and space. honestly, I can see us atleast discovering this, in my lifetime. hopefully. I hope I live long enough to see that. and if there are others out there, surpassing by possibly just a few thousand years, maybe it's old hat to them and they're already finding something else? 

Because of a recurring dream I had as a child I don't think dimensional shifts has anything to do with time-space, it is different and I can't exactly explain it without a lot of math, which I could do better a long time ago.   

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

Because of a recurring dream I had as a child I don't think dimensional shifts has anything to do with time-space, it is different and I can't exactly explain it without a lot of math, which I could do better a long time ago.   

I could never comprehend it from the recurring dreams I had as a kid, either. it was, uhh... alien? 

I could never comprehend it from the recurring dreams I had as a kid, either. it was, uhh... alien? 

I only had dreams about aliens when I was an adult and hanging out with some crazy "patriot" types.   The government was involved in my alien dreams.   :P

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

I only had dreams about aliens when I was an adult and hanging out with some crazy "patriot" types.   The government was involved in my alien dreams.   :P

They've been haunting my dreams since I was a small child. probably a good explanation for my chronic insomnia, even though they rarely invade my dreams anymore 

They've been haunting my dreams since I was a small child. probably a good explanation for my chronic insomnia, even though they rarely invade my dreams anymore 

I used to have chronic insomnia, and after I had some UAP sightings that made it worse things happened that helped me face my fears and now I rarely have a sleepless night (and then it is because I stay up too late watching television).   Have you read Whitley Strieber's book Communion?   If there are aliens interfering with us or what ever, that book seems to be one written solely for those of us who have fear about aliens and being abducted.    For me it was a hidden fear that I would not face, but reading that book was very helpful and I know I was not abducted, but I think I was visited as a child and all the stories about evil aliens kept me afraid.     My dad had a few alien abduction books that I read as a teen ager and he also had chariots of the gods and Carlos Casteneda books that I read, not to  mention I was an avid sci fi reader before I was in high school.   All of that could be the root of it for me.   

6 hours ago, acute said:

There's also no proof of it not existing.

Could you give an example of what would constitute evidence of the non existence of Bigfoot?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

Could you give an example of what would constitute evidence of the non existence of Bigfoot?

That's ridiculous!  No one can definitively prove that Bigfoot doesn't exist.  The same goes for fairies and leprechauns.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, TheGoldenBoy said:

Hello everyone,

Thanks.

“Quite a few people” seems a bit of a stretch to me.  It seems to me that most people around here completely reject the idea of sasquatch existing.  “Proof” of the creature doesn’t exist yet.  It would take a body or body part, skeletal remains, etc to prove the creature exists.  There is evidence in the form of footprints, trackways, film/photos, eyewitness testimony, hairs, some claims of dna, etc.  In my mind, it is the footprints themselves that constitute the most convincing evidence.  Unfortunately, there have also been so many hoaxes in general, but of prints as well, that I think many people dismiss the idea entirely.  Except for the few lucky people who have actually seen one in good light.  They need no other evidence.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I'm sure Rick Dyer could sell you some "proof"

• Haha 3

Being open minded doesn't mean believer.or disbeliever.while i lean slightly towards believe ,mostly due to many experiences of hunters etc.

I find the credibility of hunters and people who spend much of their time in the wilderness much more credible than a scientist that decides to investigate squach reports a few times a year.

So untill a body turns up im slightly leaning off that fence.

• Thanks 1

Proof, you say...? Not hardly.

If there was proof of the existence of BF, then BF topics would not be fit for human consumption here at UM (Unexplained MYSTERIES)

I became convinced BF exists when I learned that several audio tapes in the pre digital era were used to match the voiceprint
against known creatures. The closest they came was the hominids but there was no match.

That is when I became convinced, there is something out there, some transient creature.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/5/2021 at 2:00 PM, HandsomeGorilla said:

"Can you show me some proof ?" 

nope 

and I honestly don't think it's an outlandish thing to believe in as we did have 'something' like it at one time, although it wasn't known to live here 

but as of right now, yea, no...nothing there 

Giganto was nothing like "Bigfoot." I've no idea why people still push this suggestion.