Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Bigfoot" Can you show me some proof ?

TheGoldenBoy

But, I don’t think I’m the only one to notice that good sasquatch evidence has been disappearing off the internet.  I’m no conspiracy theorist, but I see how some could be.  I’m smart enough to understand what I experience,  the evidence accepted by the computer has been changing.

I know I’m talking crazy if I believe in conspiracies, and I swear to God to you, I have never been a conspiracy theorist, and I don’t claim to be one now, but….I am a person who has been on this forum for I think nearing two decades, and I swear to you as a human being, **** has been deleted off the ducking internet.

• Haha 1

No offense @Guyver, but you are sounding boarderline paranoid tonight.

I don't, for a second, believe there is a conspiracy to remove certain bigfoot related material from the internet.

Maybe you are misremembering something. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

No offense @Guyver, but you are sounding boarderline paranoid tonight.

I don't, for a second, believe there is a conspiracy to remove certain bigfoot related material from the internet.

Maybe you are misremembering something. 

That could be true, because I have been invibing tonight.  Yet, I remember looking into this not long ago and experiencing the same  thing.  Check it for yourself,  think of something you know you accepted from the internet fifteen years ago, and try to replicate it now.  If I am wrong, I will accept your correction.

5 hours ago, Guyver said:

Anyway, speaking of science and evolution as Mr. Funny face does.  Let’s talk about evolution.  You like science, me too.  You know what evolution proves Mr. Science?  It proves that some species adapt and survive, and others die and become extinct.  That’s what it shows.  But you know what it also shows, when considered in its entirety?  It shows that some of the Pleistocene Megafauna have survived to this day, and by associated science, we know that there was a land bridge between continents prior to the last glacial epoch, that allowed the transference of species, probably humans included.  So, yeah.  There.

Some interesting scientific facts regarding Gigantopithicus. It was part of the family Pongina of which there is only one surviving species. The orangutan. No DNA lineage suggests another extant member of the species.

Interestingly there was a very large human in our record. Meganthropus. 

About twice the size of a gorilla, this was a formidable species. Survived well in the cooler climates. Thing is as the body grows, it's not proportional. The outside doesn't stretch enough to keep the inside cool. Organs grow our of proportion and what most likely killed meganthropus was a rising climate. His radiator couldn't keep the engine cool and his body became incompatible with a warmer world.

Which is also going to apply to bigfoot. If it could exist, it wouldn't be the worldwide phenomenon it's purported to be. It would more likely be sticking to very cool climates only. That would also make it more visible and it's ecological impact would also be quite noticeable in those barren areas. 

Coloured words are links.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Guyver said:

I think I have evidence remaining of titmus finding prints before Crew.  I think I can offer that.

What about before Rant Mullins and co.?

https://lewiscountytribune.com/the-true-legend-of-toledos-bigfoot.html?fbclid=IwAR1MRLoH6c618MIWkop9aqw6YKxh46TvCn4vO7jDoxprHSk4Y53t9RSl_6A

10 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

And Gigantopithecus in a limerick is more unlikely than bigfoot itself

Maybe.

But I bet it would work in Latin.

Harte

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Resume said:

You just wait.

Yep.

Harte

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Guyver said:

Bigfoot is such a social joke now thanks to all the hoaxers and bozos like bobo out there, I can’t even do these threads any more.  The serious researcher of this phenomenon is better off discussing it elsewhere, IMO.  FWIW.

Hence

tenor.gif?itemid=15970871

Harte

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Guyver said:

That could be true, because I have been invibing tonight.  Yet, I remember looking into this not long ago and experiencing the same  thing.  Check it for yourself,  think of something you know you accepted from the internet fifteen years ago, and try to replicate it now.  If I am wrong, I will accept your correction.

Websites die when owners no longer pay for them.

Usually happens when traffic hits a critical low, like when a fad like Bigfoot goes out of style for a large portion of former clickers.

Look around. It's happening here too.

As more and more BS became exposed, more and more former believers have seen they were wrong and no longer subscribe to their former mindset - on many things.

That's not a conspiracy. In the case of Bigfoot, that's the site owner deciding it's no longer worth paying to display his BS.

Harte

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Guyver said:

Not really.  Footprints are evidence.  And, recently there was a science article published stating that human footprints have been discovered in North America from 26,000 years ago.  If a single sasquatch footprint from that time could be discovered, this discussion should be over.  When you look at all the evidence from footprints, as some have, you realize that there have been discoveries in this field that cannot be explained by a man stomping around with plywood feet strapped to his boots.

Footprints are evidence of Bigfoot just as orbs are evidence of ghosts. The quality of this evidence is obviously what's called into question. 

Can you please name the prints that you feel are the strongest cases for evidence?

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Guyver said:

Anyway, speaking of science and evolution as Mr. Funny face does.  Let’s talk about evolution.  You like science, me too.  You know what evolution proves Mr. Science?  It proves that some species adapt and survive, and others die and become extinct.  That’s what it shows.  But you know what it also shows, when considered in its entirety?  It shows that some of the Pleistocene Megafauna have survived to this day, and by associated science, we know that there was a land bridge between continents prior to the last glacial epoch, that allowed the transference of species, probably humans included.  So, yeah.  There.

And you clearly didn't bother looking at the link I sent which perfectly outlines the reasons why it's a safe bet that Giganto never crossed over to North America... Did you, Mr. Random Small Child photograph?

If you spent less time worrying about my avatar and more time actually reading what people send you then you might actually achieve the sort of enlightenment that I gained at age 7... That Bigfoot doesn't exist. 

Cheers.

Edited by Gilbert Syndrome
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Guyver said:

Not really.  Footprints are evidence.  And, recently there was a science article published stating that human footprints have been discovered in North America from 26,000 years ago.  If a single sasquatch footprint from that time could be discovered, this discussion should be over.  When you look at all the evidence from footprints, as some have, you realize that there have been discoveries in this field that cannot be explained by a man stomping around with plywood feet strapped to his boots.

How could you determine what is or isn't a footie footprint, 26,000 years ago or today?  You need a footie to check its footprint.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Resume said:

How could you determine what is or isn't a footie footprint, 26,000 years ago or today?  You need a footie to check its footprint.

Those footprints are unique in that there’s nothing else like them in North America, or other places in the world where they have been discovered.  There’s also footprints associated with the Freeman footage, and Patterson footage.

12 hours ago, Gilbert Syndrome said:

Footprints are evidence of Bigfoot just as orbs are evidence of ghosts. The quality of this evidence is obviously what's called into question. 

Can you please name the prints that you feel are the strongest cases for evidence?

The strongest evidence for these prints occur in trackways, where variation in toe spread and position can be observed, IMO.

14 hours ago, Night Walker said:

What about it?  You think those flat wooden feet are going to fool a real scientist?

BTW, I apologize for drunk posting last night, that was obnoxious.  And I don’t have much else to say on this topic.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Guyver said:

What about it?  You think those flat wooden feet are going to fool a real scientist?

hi Guyver

With 3d printing a person can create any kind of footprint they want

The Gigantopithecus hypothesis is dead as dead can be. There is no evidence that it was bipedal. Skeletal remains from Sivapithecus, one of its extinct relatives, indicate quadrupedality (link) (link). Analysis of preserved proteins from a Gigantopithecus tooth proves that its closest living relatives are orangutans, which are also quadrupedal (link). There is no evidence that it evolved a human-like foot either.

Gigantopithecus would never have crossed the Bering land bridge, as there would have been no suitable vegetation for it to eat. Here's the explanation from my old post (link).

Based on analyses of phytoliths (fossilized plant particles) and carbon isotopes on the teeth of Gigantopithecus, there is a relatively complete understanding of its diet. Phytolith analyses revealed that it subsisted mainly on grasses (especially bamboo), fruits, and seeds, similar to the diet of the modern orangutan, albeit more specialized. Based on isotopic analyses, Gigantopithecus consumed only plants that utilized the C3 method of carbon fixation. C3 plants are more commonly found in forests, such as bamboo forests of Southeast Asia that Gigantopithecus inhabited, while C4 plants are more commonly found in grasslands. This presents a problem with crossing the Bering Land Bridge, as C4 grasses would have been only plants growing on the tundras and steppes of Siberia and Beringia. Gigantopithecus would not have been able to cross thousands of miles without any sustenance, making a migration to North America impossible. Gigantopithecus was a specialized animal that went extinct because of its inability to adapt to changing climactic conditions. Due to periodic die-offs of bamboo and the reduction of its forest habitat, Gigantopithecus went extinct in south China by 0.3 Ma, disappearing altogether from Southeast Asia around 0.1 Ma. This is a far cry from Krantz's idea that Gigantopithecus was able to migrate thousands of miles and adapt to a completely foreign habitat. 

I don't understand why bigfoot believers cling so desperately to this obsolete idea. It makes more sense that bigfoot would be a hominin closest to humans based on its reported characteristics.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Guyver said:

Those footprints are unique in that there’s nothing else like them in North America, or other places in the world where they have been discovered.  There’s also footprints associated with the Freeman footage, and Patterson footage.

When and where were these compared with an actual footie foot?  I must have missed that.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Guyver said:

BTW, I apologize for drunk posting last night, that was obnoxious.  And I don’t have much else to say on this topic.

I drunk post on here alot. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The footprints associated with the Patterson footage are totally fraudulent, though, so I'm not sure why they're being brought up here. There are so many issues with the supposed "patty casts" and tracks. 

There are no prints in North America that actually stand up to scrutiny, from the original Bluff creek tracks that were an admitted hoax, to the Patterson tracks which oddly looked a lot like the same casts from earlier round Bluff creek that we know were made by stompers, all the way up to the Skookum cast which Jeff Meldrum was shown to be totally in denial over. 

• Like 5

What "real scientist" are you actually talking about? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2