Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Bigfoot" Can you show me some proof ?

TheGoldenBoy

On October 5, 2021 at 3:58 PM, onlookerofmayhem said:

Could you give an example of what would constitute evidence of the non existence of Bigfoot?

No tracks?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, OverSword said:

There is not proof.  there is evidence.  If I show you some evidence can you give proof that it's not authentic?  No, you cannot.  So what's the point.  Sasquatch being real beyond doubt or maybe even not real beyond doubt is a matter a faith.

I mean, that is so logical and right on, who could argue it?  I do agree it’s a matter of faith, kind of.  For me, I don’t really believe in anything any more, at least that’s what I tell myself, lol.  But I would love to believe in Bigfoot, prolly more than I would like believing in Jesus.  But, I don’t really believe, though I know there are many people who do.  And that’s fine.  But, footprints are evidence, and if one could find some that are not obvious hoaxes, like say, they demonstrate natural interaction with the environment, that is something rather than nothing.  It’s kind of like the UFO thing.  Many people used to be so skeptical about UFO’s.  Now everyone in the world knows that UFO’s are real.  It’s just that we don’t know what they are.  I cast my lot on military technology.  

• Like 1

But not with sasquatch.  I don’t view that as military technology.  If there be such a thing as sasquatch, I believe it is a survivor of the Pleistocene.

On 10/5/2021 at 9:21 AM, acute said:

There's no proof of Bigfoot, or it wouldn't be a cryptid!  There's also no proof of it not existing.

In over 300 years, none of my r edneck brethren have ever bagged one of these 600 pound, 8 foot tall creatures that are reported being seen in every State or Province in North America. That pretty much does it for me. 'nuff said.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Guyver said:

Now everyone in the world knows that UFO’s are real.  

I see unidentified stuff all the time.    

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Myles said:

I see unidentified stuff all the time.    

I see it on occasion.

On 10/14/2021 at 11:14 AM, Trelane said:

The fact on whether they could exist depends on whether you accept that there would need to be a breeding population for the animal to survive.

They ask the same question about the black panther in the UK and in the Carolinas, US. not proof in either case.

On 10/14/2021 at 12:05 PM, XenoFish said:

I understand that. I consider stuff like that "tall tales". 

And that is exactly why UM offers science forums, too, for people who need facts not stories.

But, now, think about it, if BigFoot was ever found, there would never be a bigfoot forum in here. Bigfoot exists here because it is an Unexplained Mystery.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

And that is exactly why UM offers science forums, too, for people who need facts not stories.

But, now, think about it, if BigFoot was ever found, there would never be a bigfoot forum in here. Bigfoot exists here because it is an Unexplained Mystery.

I don't think it is an unexplained mystery. It's just a modern myth that won't die. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I don't think it is an unexplained mystery. It's just a modern myth that won't die. 

Could be true.  It’s just that if that is true, then some hillbilly ******* em effers are willing to hike many more miles that I over harsh terrain to leave some fake footprints with rubber bottoms on the feet, and something that adds 400- 500 pounds to their weight.

19 hours ago, XenoFish said:

And if you could prove it's a myth I'd congratulate you for solving the mystery

Well since there's absolutely nothing to show for all the hullabaloo. Nothing except stories and numerous questionable, if not debunked, items.

I would say that leans extremely heavily towards supporting that it's still just a myth.

• Like 3

On 10/5/2021 at 11:49 PM, TheGoldenBoy said:

Hello everyone,

by dint of wandering around on this section of the forum, I am quite surprised by the number of posts dealing with "Bigfoot". Looking at the responses to these posts, I noticed that there are quite a few people who are fully convinced of its existence. So there you go, I would like them to show me some proof, in fact I just want to understand how they arrived at this reasoning. 

I want to clarify that everyone believe what he wants.

Thanks.

Really, the only evidence likely to be considered proof will be a bigfoot specimen. If it walks or crawls in the US (a nation with the most heavily armed civilian population on earth) it has been filled full of lead many times. It's unrealistic to think such a species could survive for centuries amongst what is also now the most technologically advanced society in history, without genuine scientific discovery.

Though in amongst all of the hoaxing and lies, I feel there are genuine people who wholeheartedly believe they have encountered a bigfoot. At least I'm not cynical enough yet to consider they are all lying. That's the real mystery IMO. Although anyone can simply be mistaken, I think there are all sorts of other cultural and psychological possibilities there (that don't necessarily require insanity). That's the most interesting part of the bigfoot story IMO.

• Like 2

On 10/15/2021 at 6:55 PM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

They ask the same question about the black panther in the UK and in the Carolinas, US. not proof in either case.

Yeah, the picture quality is about the same.:yes:

• Haha 1

Sorry none of you smart people could answer a simple question.  You all lose.  The song 100 spokes is a song about a man who is pleased with his car.  

And you’re going to tell me what to believe..  lol.  People can’t even be real about the fact that the fossil record maybe preserves 5% of all life if we’re lucky.

16 minutes ago, Guyver said:

And you’re going to tell me what to believe..  lol.  People can’t even be real about the fact that the fossil record maybe preserves 5% of all life if we’re lucky.

And 0% of that 5% is footie-foo-foo.

• Like 3

I'll believe in Bigfoot and that aliens visit earth once someone brings me a fresh corpse. Till then it's all stories and money making schemes.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Guyver said:

That "5% of life" applies to the entirety of Earth's 4.6 billion year history. For the last 1 million years, a reasonable time frame to expect bigfoot to appear in North America, the percentage is much higher. Like I said earlier:

On 10/14/2021 at 4:10 PM, Carnoferox said:

A major point about the fossil record being missed here is that it becomes more complete as it gets closer to the present. The fossils of organisms that lived 500 million years ago have a lot more time to be destroyed by geological processes than fossils from 1 million years ago or less. The Pleistocene fossil record of North America is one of the best-sampled in the world, yet not a single trace of a non-human ape has ever been found.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Guyver said:

For now brother.

You sound as if you're amenable to a wager now.  How about $2,000 to your favorite conservation charity if anything bigfoot is confirmed in the next 2 years.  If nothing turns up, you admit that footie is unlikely.  

• Like 2

If bigfoot existed a hunter would have shot one or a 18 wheeler would have run over one.  It's a nice daydream but just like the American dream you'd have to be asleep to believe it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1