Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wuhan and US scientists planned to create new coronaviruses

Eldorado

Scientists from Wuhan and the US were planning to create new coronaviruses that did not exist in nature by combining the genetic codes of other viruses, proposals show.

Documents of a grant application submitted to the US Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (Darpa), leaked last month, reveal that the international team of scientists planned to mix genetic data of closely related strains and grow completely new viruses.

A genetics expert working with the World Health Organisation (WHO), who uncovered the plan after studying the proposals in detail, said that if Sars-CoV-2 had been produced in this way, it would explain why a close match has never been found in nature.

MSN

• Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

a close match has never been found in nature

But it has!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

The article says that the closest match is 96.8% close. The bat guano is 96.1%.  If it were an average virus of other viruses, then there would be no 100% match. The cut off rate for combining viruses is that they must have 95% the same genome sequence.

Edited by Green Lion
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, zep73 said:

But it has!

The article shows that the virus in Laos is what you'd expect to find if gain of function was carried out on this particular virus

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

The article shows that the virus in Laos is what you'd expect to find if gain of function was carried out on this particular virus

What is gain function and exact,y how does gain function work. Please be specific and don't cut and paste just give it to me in your words which should be easy since you talk about all the time.

Thanks

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, zep73 said:

But it has!

It's a shame people don't take the time to do any research on this subject. It's impossible to understand a subject by pulling choice words ( like gain Function ) out of your favorite media site, where the speaker isn't even qualified to make a real doctor Coffee!:tu:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

What is gain function and exact,y how does gain function work. Please be specific and don't cut and paste just give it to me in your words which should be easy since you talk about all the time.

Thanks

Is that you Antony Fauci?

In basic English, gain of function is any research which requires modifying a virus to make it more infectious to humans, even if this is not the only intention of the research. 

These are my own words which i have summarized from what i have heard medical researchers discuss in the past. Since then, Fauci has tried to change the definition.

What is the definition you would use, and what would you call my definition if not "gain of function"? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

In basic English, gain of function is any research which requires modifying a virus to make it more infectious to humans, even if this is not the only intention of the research. 

These are my own words which i have summarized from what i have heard medical researchers discuss in the past. Since then, Fauci has tried to change the definition.

What is the definition you would use, and what would you call my definition if not "gain of function"? 

Thanks for proving point, I knew you were unable to respond without posting a link. Just remember big words don't make you intelligent, being able to explain what they mean from memory is what's impressive. Since you obviously are unable to do that maybe do a little research and then you maybe able to gain some function!:D

its obvious you still think Denial is a river in Egypt.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Tinkering with viruses for the purpose of making them mimic some naturally-occurring version so that they can then study how to create a vaccine remedy is the most insane damned thing I can imagine.  It seems like starting a potential conflagration to test a fire extinguisher.  I'll say it again.  The CCP used SARS-COV-2 as a bioweapon, whether they created it in a lab or not.  Anyone who disputes that is little more than an apologist for that regime.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Thanks for proving point, I knew you were unable to respond without posting a link. Just remember big words don't make you intelligent, being able to explain what they mean from memory is what's impressive. Since you obviously are unable to do that maybe do a little research and then you maybe able to gain some function!:D

its obvious you still think Denial is a river in Egypt.

Just pointing out i answered your questions in good faith and tried to have a conversation.

You ignored my questions and attacked me.

Does anyone else think Leftists are cult members? They act in deceitful ways and never act in good faith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Are your comments above what you call answering my comments in good faith?

My question was how does Gain of Function actually work and in place of that, you gave a definition of the word, do you honestly call your comments an explanation of how Gain of Function works?

In every case from Doctors to Vaccination you and others always use the Political Trump Card as your source of information. In other words you would rather get your information from a political source ( a Politician or other individual with no medical background that supports you views ) rather than getting your information from real worldwide medical experts.

Now getting back to the answer to my questions, you did attempt to give a very very basic and loose definition of  Gain of Function in post 8. However, the question I asked you in post 6, was avoided in favor of a simple definition that didn't actually answer my question at all. Instead of answering my question you gave a very loose definition and you did not explain how it works. You and other members act like Gain of Function is some nefarious research that is only designed for the purpose of harming mankind.:unsure: For a couple of weeks now I have watched you and other members use this term ( Gain of Function ) over and over again to the point of Ad nauseam and to the point of redundancy. 

I am more than willing to have a conversation with you on the subject at hand. However, nothing you or anyone else has added to the COVID 19 sub-form, has in anyway proven even in the smallest of small details that this Epidemic is the result of Biological Warfare or any form of Gene manipulation. If you were really interested in trying to prove that SARS-Cov-2 leaked from a Laboratory you would not copy and paste information from Tabloids or from Alternative Media sources. You would read case studies directly from Medical Sources and you will stop allowing politics to influence your ideas and opinions 

3 hours ago, and then said:

Tinkering with viruses for the purpose of making them mimic some naturally-occurring version so that they can then study how to create a vaccine remedy is the most insane damned thing I can imagine.  It seems like starting a potential conflagration to test a fire extinguisher.  I'll say it again.  The CCP used SARS-COV-2 as a bioweapon, whether they created it in a lab or not.  Anyone who disputes that is little more than an apologist for that regime.

My problem with your version of events concerning SARAS-Cov-2, is not because you have at least tried to researched the subject yourself, because its very clear that you have not done that. To my knowledge none of us that are discussing this subject are qualified medical experts in the fields of Virology, Epidemiology or infectious disease. However, even with that said it is still possible to speak or type our thoughts in a intelligent manner, and all it requires is taking the time to do a little research on these subjects themselves. When I say research, I am not talking about sourcing your information from Political Representatives, alternative media sources or from Tabloids conversations like the one used in thread to start this conversation.:yes:

But you and many others choose to repeat the redundant information your political Representatives and media sources regurgitate its almost impossible to have a conversation. Because what's really sad is that none of this information is coming from legitimate, reputable, and professional medical experts. Even the source used in the OP of this thread, is from a non-reputable British Tabloid that compares to the American version which is the National Enquirer, both of these Rags are for enquiring Minds!!:lol: At the bottom of the page are examples that show where your information is coming from and that's mighty comical.

Now to comment about SARS-Cov-2 being a Biological Weapon, well that is completely redicules :D and to anyone who understands the purpose and the use of a Biological weapon would never say such a thing. If you can honestly still believe that they created a Biological Weapon released it in the largest city in the Central Region of China, against their own people, and in a city that just happens to have their only Level 4 Biohazard Laboratory I have some Ocean front property in Arizona that I will give you!:D

1 hour ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Just pointing out i answered your questions in good faith and tried to have a conversation.

You ignored my questions and attacked me.

Does anyone else think Leftists are cult members? They act in deceitful ways and never act in good faith

As far as attacking you is concerned my comments were not personal, and they were generally applied. However, your comments that are bolded above are very insulting and they were not generalized at all, but worst of all your comments have been and are still today always politically motivated, WHY.:unsure: The thing that makes me most angry about them is the fact that you called me a leftist!!:lol: Then you go on to say that Leftists are Cult Members who never act in good faith, and they only act in deceitful ways!!:lol: Well there is no response to your comments that I can give:lol:, they are just to hilarious to even respond to, so whether you intended it or not you really made my day, I have not laughed this hard for a long time,  so all I can say is thank you very much, and I am sorry if you feel my comments were an attack on you personally, because that was not my intention at all.

So I have decided to throw you bone, in the world today there approximately 59 level-4 Biohazard Laboratories. Every single Laboratory conducts Gain of Function Research, and I suspect you missed it but that is what Level-4 facilities are designed to do. Now was China conducting Gain of Function research on Coronaviruses, you dam right they were.

Now, most likely your question is why would they do that?

They were studying Coronaviruses because of the impact the original SARSs Viruses, different varieties of Flu Viruses, and other naturally occurring Viruses that not only effect people, but that also infect domesticated animals. Because of China's location in our world, along with the size of the country, and its biodiversity, as people start expanding into areas for agricultural purposes they are encountering and disturbing new Viral strains that may have laid dormant for thousand of years. 

Since 2002, there have been three zoonotic coronaviruses that have been identified as the cause of large-scale disease outbreaks–Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), and Swine Acute Diarrhea Syndrome (SADS). SARS and MERS emerged in 2003 and 2012, respectively, and caused a worldwide pandemic that claimed thousands of human lives, while SADS struck the swine industry in 2017. They have common characteristics, such as they are all highly pathogenic to humans or livestock, in all cases Bats were the Diseases reservoir, and two of them originated in China. In addition to those Viral outbreaks China is now reporting a new resurgence H5N6 bird flu as of 26 September 2021 and there have been human infections with this latest outbreak.

This Virus first occurred in 1997, people who worked in the poultry industry in China began to experience Flu like symptoms, and since 1997 when it first occurred there have been approximately 586 people infected, and of that number 346 people died, which mean the death rate is 59%.  So I hope you see the picture i am trying to present, for one thing the Coronavirus is here stay, its been allowed to spread too long to every contain it. But, the real issue everyone should be thinking about is what's coming next. Just look above SARS comes out of no where in 2002 it was also a Virus that originated with Bats. Then in 2012 MERS pops up in the Middle East, it is a Virus that originated with Bats, and some how a Bat infected a Camel which then infected humans.

Then sometime in 2019 an unknown animal was again infected by Bats and that animal which was a mammal then infected humans and we now have what is known as the SARS-Cov-2 Virus that has created a worldwide Pandemic not seen on this scale since the Spanish Flu outbreak of 1918.

Well now is not the time to become complacent, if you look at the time frame between the first infect starting with SARS its very obvious that the time between infections is decreasing. Now, I am not trying to predict the future, and it doesnt take a Rocket Scientist to see how fast these infects are occurring. I hope people wake up soon and realize the serious nature that the human race is currently facing. I mean people cant pull their heads out of the sand and cooperate with each other now, so what hell is going to happen when the next Virus hits the Human race!!:td: Seriously if everyone doesnt find a way to get along we are only making ourselves that much more vulnerable to what's approaching us. This next Virus could have a death rate of 50%, I mean who knows and if we act like we all have during this practice Pandemic we will stand a chance when the next Virus hits, and its not a question based upon if, its a question based solely upon when and nothing else.

Last but not least, from 2003 until 2009 there were total of approximately 400 events that occurred in the United states where a bacterial or Viral pathogen escaped containment. Now when thinking about this it important to understand that there are only 59 level 4 facilities in the entire world. So if we had 400 accidents in 6 years its easy to imagine that number being much much higher if all the Laboratory facilities worldwide were included.

Peace

See the source image

• Thanks 1

If anyone is interested here is a link to the document described in the OP article. It is 75 pages long. It's called project DEFUSE. The proposal was rejected. It goes over collecting bats from the Yunnan province. Passing the virus through multiple animals.The aim is to lower the threat of army passing through the region as the virus readily rises from bat droppings. There are also two articles at the end: one about the 2002-2003 outbreak and another about SARS-COV.

https://drasticresearch.files.wordpress.com/2021/09/main-document-preempt-volume-1-no-ess-hr00118s0017-ecohealth-alliance.pdf

Edited by Green Lion
  • Like 1