Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Man sues psychic who 'promised to remove ex-girlfriend curse'

Eldorado

A California man is suing a psychic who he says falsely claimed she could remove a curse put on his marriage by a witch hired by his ex-girlfriend.

Mauro Restrepo said Sophia Adams promised she could save his marriage if he paid $5,100 (£3,742) to exorcise the spell, according to a fraud suit filed with the Torrance Superior Court.

Ms Adams allegedly told Mr Restrepo he and his family would be "unhappy and in danger" if the curse was not lifted.

He is now seeking $25,000 in damages.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58810977

• Haha 3

Jon the frog
Posted (edited)

Lot of crooks preys on dumb people... that quack psychic found some stupid people to prey on and right now, lawyers are preying on that dumb quack psychic and on that dumbier guy. 

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 2

mesuma
Posted (edited)

A guy suing someone with an imaginary talent because they couldn't remove an imaginary phenomena bringing imaginary dangers.............have I got that straight?

Edited by mesuma
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Seti42

"Then again - proving that it doesn't exist is likely to be just as difficult."

You never have to prove a curse doesn't exist. That's not the extraordinary claim, lol. If someone thinks anything like that exists, the burden of proof is on them.

I don't think you can sue a 'psychic' for not delivering either, just like how you can't sue a religious leader like a minister for BSing you.

• Like 1

fred_mc
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, mesuma said:

A guy suing someone with an imaginary talent because they couldn't remove an imaginary phenomena bringing imaginary dangers.............have I got that straight?

Yes, sounds straight to me.

Edited by fred_mc
  • Like 1

HSlim

Maybe we've just been alive too long

FlyingAngel

Right, then we can extend this subject of curse to religion : proving that God doesn't exist.

• Like 1

Berwen

I do hope the courts get rid of this stupidity quickly and charge the persons for a waste of the courts time. They have enough on their agendas without having to deal with frivolity. 

• Like 1

Colonel Zodiac

People handing over cash hoping to remove an imaginary curse. Doesn't this happen on a wide scale every Sunday morning?

• Thanks 1

psyche101
On 10/10/2021 at 12:06 AM, Berwen said:

I do hope the courts get rid of this stupidity quickly and charge the persons for a waste of the courts time. They have enough on their agendas without having to deal with frivolity. 

I actually wonder how popular the paranormal would be if more people were held accountable for their claims. 

Not nearly as much as it is presently I would imagine. 

• Thanks 1