Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shooting at Arlington Texas High School

susieice

Just heard this. Multiple victims but it's unknown how many. Just heard about this. Students are being led out of the school.

Live coverage in link.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/lockdown-issued-at-timberview-high-in-arlington-possible-shots-fired/2759727/

• Sad 7

3 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

God Bless America....

What an ignorant comment to this.

I hope there isn't many victims in this incident.  

• Like 5

Police are giving a conference now. There was a fight and a student pulled a weapon. There were 3 students injured and taken to the hospital and 1 older person, believed to be a pregnant woman who fell and was treated at the scene. The suspect is Timothy George Simpkins, 18, a student. He left the scene in a 2018 silver Dodge Charger and police have released the license plate number and Simpkins' picture. They are stressing that this was not a random shooting. 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The news just said 2 students were shot and they don't know information about the other student who was taken to the hospital. The pregnant woman may have been a teacher who fell and refused treatment. That wasn't confirmed yet.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

They ought to put back into the schools  the Ten Commandments, teach the kids  do not kill ,steal ;cheat or lie or you `ll go to hell :td:

• Like 1

Buses are taking the students to a Center for the Performing Arts building to meet their parents. Police are still searching the school to make sure it's cleared but they don't think there is any more threat since the suspect left.

• Like 3

Good.   It sounds like no one was killed.   Still tragic.  I hope they find the punk.  

Edited by Myles
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

Good.   It sounds like no one was killed.   Still tragic.  I hope they fid the punk.  

They have all his information out in the public. He won't get far I wouldn't think. They ID'd him quick.

The buses carrying the students are starting to arrive at the Performing Arts building where the parents are waiting. 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

So just a normal day in America.  I'm surprised they still bother reporting these incidents.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

More school shootings:( I remember some twenty years ago  my daughters had a threat  in high school,  I went there and even the security  guard didn't have a gun.  I know now they want to let the teachers have a gun and put police in the schools, but defund the police now?  does anyone have a suggestion how to stop all the schools shootings. i `m worry about my grand and great grand children  going to high schools :(

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

LE has a house about a mile from the school surrounded for quite a while but no word of what's going on. The reporter on the scene said police only told her it is related to the shooting at the school.

• Like 1

Police are giving a news conference. Simpkins is in custody and being questioned. He will be charged with three counts of aggravated assault with a weapon. They have a 45 caliber handgun they think may be the weapon used but they won't confirm that yet.

All the students are now out of the school.

The three victims in the hospital-

Male student underwent surgery and is now in the ICU

Adult male in good condition

Female who was believed to have been grazed by a bullet

• Like 3

1 minute ago, susieice said:

Police are giving a news conference. Simpkins is in custody and being questioned. He will be charged with three counts of aggravated assault with a weapon. They have a 45 caliber handgun they think may be the weapon used but they won't confirm that yet.

All the students are now out of the school.

The three victims in the hospital-

Male student underwent surgery and is now in the ICU

Adult male in good condition

Female who was believed to have been grazed by a bullet

18 year old just ruined his life.  

• Like 4

Just now, Myles said:

Yep. They just said he turned himself in with an attorney. He's probably regretting making a really bad decision now. He's 18 and an adult.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

They just said the girl who had been grazed will be released. Thankfully, this wasn't worse. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, susieice said:

LE has a house about a mile from the school surrounded for quite a while but no word of what's going on. The reporter on the scene said police only told her it is related to the shooting at the school.

Arlington has at least 3 highways (one is a toll road) going through it, he could be on his way to Dallas, Ft. Worth or some other part of Texas by now.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

Arlington has at least 3 highways (one is a toll road) going through it, he could be on his way to Dallas, Ft. Worth or some other part of Texas by now.

He's in custody. No one is saying why this house is surrounded.

1 minute ago, susieice said:

He's in custody. No one is saying why this house is surrounded.

Well, I am always late to the party.  I am glad he was smart enough to get an attorney and turn himself in.   Maybe they have information about who provided the gun to him.  I don't know about Texas but some states an 18 year old cannot buy a gun.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Well, I am always late to the party.  I am glad he was smart enough to get an attorney and turn himself in.   Maybe they have information about who provided the gun to him.  I don't know about Texas but some states an 18 year old cannot buy a gun.

I was kind of thinking that too. I know the ATF was there to help trace the gun and they said they have a handgun but won't confirm it was the weapon used. In Texas it's 18 for a gun and 21 for a handgun. Maybe it was traced to this address.

Firearms possession
Texas and Federal law only regulate the ownership of all firearms to 18 years of age or older, and regulate the transfer of handguns to 21 years or older by FFL dealers.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Myles said:

that is what you think.   but that IS his life, drugs, fights prison, same thing in  prison, fights, drugs, then he is out, then the circle repeats, that IS the thugs life that these kids expect to live, everything goes normal in his life,  just as it supposed to be. thinking of being a beneficial member to society, have a job, carrer, responsibilities,,,,,,etc, is not what he would be calling life. It is you, in his opinion, wasted 60+ years of your life, he'd prbly say you never lived. 

that is why we 'll never understand this culture, we look at them thru lens of our values, which are worthless to them

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

School has been cancelled for tomorrow and Friday was already scheduled to be a day off, so the students and parents will have time to process what happened today.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/parents-glad-to-be-reunited-with-kids-after-school-shooting/2760272/

Bond for Simpkins was set at $25,000 for each of the three counts.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/10/06/possible-shooting-at-timberview-high-school-in-arlington/

Still can't find anything about the house the police had surrounded.

Ok. Found this. It was Simpkins' house. 

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article254800702.html

Police said they found a .45-caliber handgun on a street in Grand Prairie that they believe was used in the shooting and it will be turned over to the ATF for ballistics testing. The car Simpkins used to flee from the school after the shooting also was found in Grand Prairie, police said.

Officers surrounded Simpkins’ home, in the 600 block of Harris Ridge Drive in Arlington, on Wednesday during the search for the suspect and later searched the house.

A woman acting as spokesperson for the family, Carol Harrison Lafayette, talked to reporters while standing with other relatives outside the home on Wednesday evening. She said Simpkins had been bullied and robbed twice at school.

“This is a situation where Timothy was being bullied,” Harrison Lafayette said. “It had been reported to the principals right along with the teachers. I’m not trying to justify the gun that was brought, but when you’re being bullied, when there’s bullies, throughout this nation you hear of young people ... committing suicide.

“The decision he made, taking the gun, we’re not justifying that,” Harrison continued. That was not right. But he was trying to protect himself. And so we hope that the police department does the investigation properly. There are going to be independent investigations that are going to be done as well so we can get to the bottom of really what happened.”

Arlington resident Barbara Davis said she found out about the shooting from her 12th-grade son, who texted her to pick him and his brother up from the high school.

Davis said she knew a “good kid” who was friends with Simpkins and because that’s who she associated him with, she couldn’t say Simpkins was a “bad kid.”

Edited by susieice
  • Thanks 1