Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S. condemns 'provocative' Chinese activities near Taiwan

OverSword

7 hours ago, OverSword said:

Who said they didn't. 

Said who said what? Please don't be stupid, I beg of you. 

~

7 hours ago, OverSword said:

You insisted on a link and got one and now you're complaining?  

Did you read or do you read at all? 

~

https://sites.tufts.edu/lawofthesea/chapter-three/

The U.S. has encouraged allies like Japan, South Korea, and Australia to join the FON Program, but they have been reluctant to conduct operations so far. The U.S. should continue to pursue this goal because the message delivered by FON operations will be stronger when more States send it.

Let me introduce you to good ol ' Karl, that's Kraus, Karl Kraus ...

War: first, one hopes to win; then one expects the enemy to lose; then, one is satisfied that the enemy too is suffering; in the end, one is surprised that everyone has lost

•How is the world ruled and led to war? Diplomats lie to journalists and believe these lies when they see them in print.

~

On 10/7/2021 at 11:55 PM, third_eye said:

Nope, but it doesn't matter because it's going ahead under protest with consideration, the participating nations takes full responsibility to avoid all and any actions that can be construed as hostile. 

It's all a dog and pony show to milk more tax payers money for military budgets. 

~

So both countries are not doing anything illegal both merely flexing their muscles and trying to intimidate I see. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

I haven't seen a couple of people here disagree with ANY atrocity or outrage done by the CCP.  The answer is always, what about the U.S. or U.K?  For my part, I accept that answer when it is regarding businesses or colonial issues from the past but when the charges are about firkin' CONCENTRATION CAMPS AND SLAVE LABOR... well, anyone who makes excuses for that is beneath contempt, period.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

So both countries are not doing anything illegal both merely flexing their muscles and trying to intimidate I see. 

Think of it this way, is it legal for military vehicles or tanks to use freeways and city streets ?

Or when you round up some of your buddies and camp outside of someone's house with your legal firearms practicing drills because you believe the ones in the house is a danger to society and the neighborhood. 

Is that legal or illegal? 

~

On 10/7/2021 at 11:55 PM, third_eye said:

Nope, but it doesn't matter because it's going ahead under protest with consideration, the participating nations takes full responsibility to avoid all and any actions that can be construed as hostile. 

It's all a dog and pony show to milk more tax payers money for military budgets. 

~

Is China flying fighter jets over Taiwan a hostile act?

The US is there because Taiwan keeps telling us they they increasingly feel threatened. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Is China flying fighter jets over Taiwan a hostile act?

And who says China is flying over Taiwan? 

Is the US naval fleet swarming all over the China seas a hostile act? 

~

The US is there because Taiwan keeps telling us they they increasingly feel threatened. 

So you're going to go there and hold Taiwan tight and go kill some Chinese folks to feel better and try not to get yourself killed?

Lie to yourself if you want, quit lying to everyone else... 

~

Edited by third_eye
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, third_eye said:

And who says China is flying over Taiwan? 

Is the US naval fleet swarming all over the China seas a hostile act? 

Taiwans defense ministry 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-56728072

The naval fleet is a defensive act. But I suppose defensive acts can also be hostile.

• Like 2

Other have mention Taiwan not officially declaring independence ever. So I was curious about that and found this 

We don’t have a need to declare ourselves an independent state,” Tsai told the BBC. “We are an independent country already and we call ourselves the Republic of China, Taiwan.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jan/15/tsai-ing-wen-says-china-must-face-reality-of-taiwans-independence

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Where did read "flying over" anywhere there except your imagination? 

~

The naval fleet is a defensive act. But I suppose defensive acts can also be hostile.

You suppose? How far are you going to stretch that out all the way over there? 

~

If someone had a truck full of flammable material and then parks it in front of your property instead of his own because it is "safer" ... Would that be hostile enough for you? 

You're trying to Tonkin something else aren't you? 

~

Edited by third_eye
  • Haha 1

On 10/9/2021 at 9:59 AM, spartan max2 said:

Taiwans defense ministry 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-56728072

The CCP refuses to accept internation freedom of navigation and they will someday either start a war intentionally or they'll stumble us all into one.  They've been very successful economically by manipulating currencies and using a massive near-slave labor pool but they've finally realized they've been riding the tiger and there just isn't any easy way to hop off.  IF the global economy goes into serious decline or even collapse, the CCP is going to be in an untenable position.  All their economic leverage will be gone, overnight.  The only way they'll be able to call in their debts in the countries they've invaded with easy loans and grants (just like the U.S. in the past) will be to use military threats of force or actual military action.  IF that day comes, I don't see the old men in Beijing backing down.  Communists don't "do" moderation or compromise.  I guess it's because dictators don't have retirement plans.

• Like 2

Those who've lost their minds in hate for the guy seem willing to see the country fall rather than admit he might have been right about anything.

• Like 6

On 10/6/2021 at 5:17 PM, OverSword said:

Look at the trouble with their economy, their crack down on elements of society, Struggling to regain control over narratives and language being used on their internet, etc...

hm,, where else have i seen that??.....

Edited by aztek

On 10/17/2021 at 8:26 PM, and then said:

Those who've lost their minds in hate for the guy seem willing to see the country fall rather than admit he might have been right about anything.

this is not a big issue, what is, that we have no one to stand against these fascists who are ruining our country. 

we ARE in a soft\cold civil war already,  it will only get worse. 

Edited by aztek

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

hm,, where else have i seen that??.....

Difference is that we are built to be chaotic.  Central control systems like china are not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Difference is that we are built to be chaotic.  

we are??? it sure does not look like it to me. it seems we are falling apart faster than china, much faster

Just now, aztek said:

we are??? it sure does not look like it to me. it seems we are falling apart faster than china, much faster

When wasn't that the case?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, aztek said:

it never was untill recently

1963 Kennedy: Assassinated.

1981 Reagan: Shot.

2021: "The US is falling apart because I don't like the president" :innocent:

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

1963 Kennedy: Assassinated.

1981 Reagan: Shot.

2021: "The US is falling apart because I don't like the president" :innocent:

and that means what?  not a damn thing

tell me when in the past politicians openly called for defunding police, when was the last time schools openly teach racism and hate? when was the last time FBI was used against parents protesting institutionalized  racism?

what you wrote is nowhere close to what i'm ralking about

Edited by aztek

26 minutes ago, aztek said:

it never was untill recently

What's different now?  There were 20 times more violent protests in the 60's over all kinds of things than there were over George Floyyd.  In the 70's we ran out of gas and were being held hostage by fundamentalists in Iran while the huge failure Carter was president.  In the 80's Reagan's white house had people like James Watt who thought we should use all of our natural resources right now because Armageddon was about to happen and there was no point in being conservationists or not polluting. In the 90's we had a rapist in the white house who sold all our technologies to the Chinese.  Then there was 9-11 followed by a war which destabilized the entire world.  After that the disastrous presidency of Obama who bombed more countries than all other presidents combined, assassinated Americans, spied on everyone, and destroyed the most prosperous nation in Africa where you can now buy a slave in a street auction.  But now we're falling apart?  Okay then :D  We'll be around long after we've replaced China as a manufacturing power with India and China's not on the evening news anymore.  

Paper Tiger should be the name of that country.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

and that means what?

tell me when in the past politicians openly called for defunding police, when was the last time schools openly teach racism and hate? when was the last time FBI was used against parents pretexting institutionalized  racisms?

60's :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

What's different now?  There were 20 times more violent protests in the 60's over all kinds of things than there were over George Floyyd.  In the 70's we ran out of gas and were being held hostage by fundamentalists in Iran while the huge failer Carter was president.  In the 80's Reagan's white house had people like James Watt who thought we should use all of our natural resources right now because Armageddon was about to happen and there was no point in being conservationists or not polluting. In the 90's we had a rapist in the white house who sold all our technologies to the Chinese.  Then there was 9-11 followed by a war which destabilized the entire world.  After that the disastrous presidency of Obama who bombed more countries than all other presidents combined, assassinated Americans, spied on everyone, and destroyed the most prosperous nation in Africa where you can now buy a slave in a street auction.  But now we're falling apart?  Okay then :D  We'll be around long after we've replaced China as a manufacturing power with India and China's not on the evening news anymore.  

Paper Tiger should be the name of that country.

so? was the gvmnt openly dividing population and taught kids hate each other??? set up different races and classes against each other,  that is what will destroy a country,  not gas or toilet paper shortage,   look into history every time a country is divided internally it later falls, it works every time. why do you think they push this division so hard??

p.s. i'm, not even talking about gvmnt actively sabotaging economy, especially those states that are on the opposite side of politics

Edited by aztek

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

We'll be around long after we've replaced China as a manufacturing power with India and China's not on the evening news anymore.  

I was cheering you on until that last sentence which does not seem so certain.  I hope for it, but it doesn't look like we are trying too hard to achieve that.

• Like 1