Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Taiwan wants 'status quo', not China's path, president says

Grim Reaper 6

Tsai Ing-wen also firmly rejected Chinese military coercion, a stance driven home by a rare demonstration of Taiwan’s defense capabilities in a parade on its National Day. .We will continue to bolster our national defense and demonstrate our determination to defend ourselves in order to ensure that nobody can force Taiwan to take the path China has laid out for us,” Tsai said. “This is because the path that China has laid out offers neither a free and democratic way of life for Taiwan, nor sovereignty for our 23 million people.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/taiwan-wants-status-quo-not-chinas-path-president-says/ar-AAPkd2E

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Manwon

It's all magic, you only see what they want you to and every court has it's magician

I understand what you mean, but the problem with this kind of magic is how dangerous it is. :yes:

• Like 1

When the CCP finally decides they can subdue the free people of Taiwan and absorb them into their collective, the Taiwanese should take a play out of the Russian's game plan for Napoleon, and Hitler.  They don't have "General Winter" on their side but if they are truly serious about fighting til the end, they should be prepared both mentally and logistically to go absolutely scorched-earth and they should leave NO profitable infrastructure in place for the CCP to use to increase their own bottom line.  That policy should also be widely publicized and enough information about HOW it will be done should be shared with the CCP/PLA.  If those bright boys believe they'll lose tens of thousands or hundreds of thousand of dead and at the culmination of hostilities, have achieved NO benefit beyond stoking their pride, maybe sane generals and admirals will take pause before beginning the fight.  They should probably try to buy some low-yield nukes to mine their coasts with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, and then said:

When the CCP finally decides they can subdue the free people of Taiwan and absorb them into their collective, the Taiwanese should take a play out of the Russian's game plan for Napoleon, and Hitler.  They don't have "General Winter" on their side but if they are truly serious about fighting til the end, they should be prepared both mentally and logistically to go absolutely scorched-earth and they should leave NO profitable infrastructure in place for the CCP to use to increase their own bottom line.  That policy should also be widely publicized and enough information about HOW it will be done should be shared with the CCP/PLA.  If those bright boys believe they'll lose tens of thousands or hundreds of thousand of dead and at the culmination of hostilities, have achieved NO benefit beyond stoking their pride, maybe sane generals and admirals will take pause before beginning the fight.  They should probably try to buy some low-yield nukes to mine their coasts with.

You know the problem with a Scorched-Earth is the fact that it will hurt the Taiwanese people more than anyone else. I believe that most people don't really consider how bad that could be. But, one thing is for certain if the Taiwanese did do what you suggest, I suspect the Taiwanese would be living under the conditions they created for a very along time because I doubt the Chinese would be in any hurry to change the living conditions of the people.

• Thanks 1

Uncle Sam sells them all... 

20dfd3f2a4f87349b649c1e039e87190.jpg

~

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, and then said:

Taiwan doesn't have the space or geography needed for a Scorched Earth policy; it's the size of the Netherlands and, as an island, is surrounded on all sides by water, so suppling troops from the (very close) Chinese mainland would be easy. 

Plus China has a huge numerical advantage. 

There is only one outcome for Taiwan once China decides they want to conquer them; "glorious" réunification (at least that's what China will call it, and the West will pretend to believe them) 

well too bad,  since Taiwan IS china, they will go china's path, whether they like it or not.  i do not see why would they not go the china way? today it proves the most successful way, and has most potential, wokism and racism that the left brings is 5 steps backwards. I have no doubt china will put them on a right path, 

Edited by aztek
  • Confused 2

• 11 months later...

Wokism in China isn't kept in check through politics. Wokism there is subdued through cultural ingrainment

On 10/15/2021 at 7:45 PM, aztek said:

...i do not see why would they not go the china way?...

Simply because they don't wish to lose their demoratic freedoms and don't wish to have themselves surrender to Social Scoring. If you yourself were to have your cash taken away from you and then have to pay with your cellphone of which has the power to allow or to prevent you from purchsing corresponding items or services, simply by acting like your trial judge of whom evaluates your rights to purchase, based on your personal conduct, I really doubt that you would remain comfortable with such a governmental system

Edited by Autistocrates