Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Band Wave Phenomenon

Guyver

Greetings.  I hope I can do this topic justice.  So, I am and have been a musician for a long time.  I’ve been in many bands, and had many performances.  Perhaps a thousand by now, but that could be an overstatement by a hundred or two, idk, never really kept track.  Anyway, when I was a younger man, back in the late 90’s, I was in a really cool gigging band that was hot at the time.  We experienced this phenomenon very often, almost ever time, sometimes for significant portions of time during the night.

So, I’m older now and playing in this band with some guys and we’re doing like country, rock, pop, blues, boogey-woogie, surf.  I know that must sound weird.  It’s experimental, I’m playing percussion.  Anyway, we rehearsed last Thursday night and experienced the phenomenon.  For me, it was only fully happening on one particular number, but it came in and out in a few others.

So, now I have to explain the phenomenon.  Sigh.  It’s like riding a wave if you have ever surfed, when the power of the ocean lifts you and moves you forward.  And it gains momentum just carrying you along.  So, I don’t know if it’s perfect sound dynamics, or maybe something kind of spiritual happenings.  It’s something I don’t understand and can’t explain very well.  I’ll try.  So, it’s like you’re attempting to do something very difficult that many people can’t do and never will do, then all the sudden you’re doing it and it not only becomes easy, it’s like you can’t even make a mistake if you try.  It’s like a force that picks up a life of its own, and all I have to do is ride it like a wave, and I can’t fail if I try.  That’s about the best I can explain it at this time.  Does that make any sense?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Timothy said:

@Guyver sounds like an adrenaline rush.

I will ask my band mates if they experienced too.  I tried a moment ago, but one of the guys just had a dog die.  And that dog licked my feet at the last band practice, so, I’m kinda freaked out right now too.

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

then all the sudden you’re doing it and it not only becomes easy, it’s like you can’t even make a mistake if you try.

in your opinion- that's only how 'you' feel about it... It's being convinced that what you're experiencing is real when in fact the reality could well be the opposite .. Pretty much like the many claims we see in here IMO

• Haha 1

Just now, Guyver said:

Because he explained a plausible truth to me.

na forget that,, i thought you were replying to me- i didn't look, my bad:blush:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Btw?  You know how I said you could ride this phenomenon?  I tried to bend it.  I tried to take myself intentionally out of time and it didn’t happened.  I couldn’t even try to make myself leave this thing.

1 minute ago, Guyver said:

Btw?  You know how I said you could ride this phenomenon?  I tried to bend it.  I tried to take myself intentionally out of time and it didn’t happened.  I couldn’t even try to make myself leave this thing.

what the fek are you on about?

2 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

what the fek are you on about?

If you have ever played a rock show before fans you would know what I’m talking about.  I think the greatest example of this this is at the cave with the Beatles, those who were able to observe the phenomenon said it’s like something that no recording can ever capture.

9 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

na forget that,, i thought you were replying to me- i didn't look, my bad:blush:

What?  We’re you drinking?  Smoking?

Just now, Guyver said:

What?  We’re you drinking?  Smoking?

Just effin with ya, my bad.

I drink and smoke, so I don’t judge anyone except for evil people.  I hate those b*******, you know, the kind of people who shoot people at bars?  WTF?  Really?  You shoot people at bars?  You are a hopeless dick on a high level.  You’re insane. dip****.

Anyway, yeah, there’s an energy.  You can even be drunk or high, but you can get into it.  There’s no rational explanation for it, and it can’t be defined by science, unless it’s a collective adrenaline rush, which,I don’t think has actually been docu,meted? 

But, it’s really good.  It’s like you don’t even have to think…it’s just pure feeling, yet it’s so prescise that it could only be described with mathematics.

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

in your opinion- that's only how 'you' feel about it... It's being convinced that what you're experiencing is real when in fact the reality could well be the opposite .. Pretty much like the many claims we see in here IMO

You don’t think I know the difference between sucking and being hot?  You’ve never played a single show, have you?

13 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

Sounds like a musical ''nirvana''!  See, it's not without reason that Kurt C. called his band Nirvana! :tu:

Well spoken.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 3:35 AM, Guyver said:

Greetings.  I hope I can do this topic justice.  So, I am and have been a musician for a long time.  I’ve been in many bands, and had many performances.  Perhaps a thousand by now, but that could be an overstatement by a hundred or two, idk, never really kept track.  Anyway, when I was a younger man, back in the late 90’s, I was in a really cool gigging band that was hot at the time.  We experienced this phenomenon very often, almost ever time, sometimes for significant portions of time during the night.

So, I’m older now and playing in this band with some guys and we’re doing like country, rock, pop, blues, boogey-woogie, surf.  I know that must sound weird.  It’s experimental, I’m playing percussion.  Anyway, we rehearsed last Thursday night and experienced the phenomenon.  For me, it was only fully happening on one particular number, but it came in and out in a few others.

So, now I have to explain the phenomenon.  Sigh.  It’s like riding a wave if you have ever surfed, when the power of the ocean lifts you and moves you forward.  And it gains momentum just carrying you along.  So, I don’t know if it’s perfect sound dynamics, or maybe something kind of spiritual happenings.  It’s something I don’t understand and can’t explain very well.  I’ll try.  So, it’s like you’re attempting to do something very difficult that many people can’t do and never will do, then all the sudden you’re doing it and it not only becomes easy, it’s like you can’t even make a mistake if you try.  It’s like a force that picks up a life of its own, and all I have to do is ride it like a wave, and I can’t fail if I try.  That’s about the best I can explain it at this time.  Does that make any sense?

Its called `in the flow` of things and its psychology not psychic.

Unless you are proposing something psychic happens as a result?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Its called `in the flow` of things and its psychology not psychic.

Unless you are proposing something psychic happens as a result?

I don’t understand it well enough to be able to know that.  All I know is that when it happens, it’s amazing and powerful, but if you had ever attempted a live performance, you know that it’s easy to fail or get off sync, out of time, out of key, miss a note, drop the beat, etc.  When this phenomenon occurs there is nothing like that and the music feels alive to me.