Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Band Wave Phenomenon

Guyver

I played a full show tonight, even doing solo vocals lead on guitar, and the phenomenon did not occur.  Just saying.

And I was ready and my timing was perfect.  I rehearsed completely and was ready for the show, and I nailed my rehearsals, so, I think there could be more than adrenaline rush explaining this.

There is no 'spiritual' energy.  There is only energy.  

Think about your senses...

Sometimes you are listening to some one talk but you are hearing something else somewhere else and not really listening...not really 'hearing' them.  

Sometimes there is a 'disconnect' between our senses.  They are all operating but not at the same frequency.  But then sometimes they are.  Embrace the times they are and just know that it comes and goes.  You can't predict it.  There isn't a science of it.  Sometimes things click.  What you don't want to do is start obsessing about it. 

Also, anything you 'think'...is going to cause a release of some chemical in your brain.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice Joc.  I played that show last night after three days of practice and I was satisfied with my performance.  Then today I played golf with my dad at this place that has “Bands on the Green” every Saturday afternoon from 2-6 and I heard them warming up.  They were so good.  They were way better than my band.  I bet those guys could talk about it.  They made me feel like an amateur.

@Guyver

Is it similar to this?

“A new paper in the journal NeuroImage has shown that this synchrony can be seen in the brain activities of the audience and performer. And the greater the degree of synchrony, the study found, the more the audience enjoys the performance. This result offers insight into the nature of musical exchanges and demonstrates that the musical experience runs deep: we dance and feel the same emotions together, and our neurons fire together as well.”

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/music-synchronizes-the-brains-of-performers-and-their-audience/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/18/2021 at 3:57 PM, simplybill said:

@Guyver

Is it similar to this?

“A new paper in the journal NeuroImage has shown that this synchrony can be seen in the brain activities of the audience and performer. And the greater the degree of synchrony, the study found, the more the audience enjoys the performance. This result offers insight into the nature of musical exchanges and demonstrates that the musical experience runs deep: we dance and feel the same emotions together, and our neurons fire together as well.”

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/music-synchronizes-the-brains-of-performers-and-their-audience/

Nice post.  Synchrony, Synchroniicity such great words.  Yes, I think you have something there.

• Like 1

Yea i'm a musician and been with a band , i can't put my finger on it , but i know what you mean , i think its like Cookie monster said , it's like being on a roll , or in the flow , and your focus on what you are doing with the flow.  It can ebb and wane as you are playing along . Perhaps with percussion , it is more the root and often keeps a very steady flow. 

• Like 1