Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The term alien is offensive to extraterrestrials

itsnotoutthere

Another thing for the "Woke" to be offended about. 

Even D&D now is trying to remove Races (Elf, Dwarf, Halfling) from the game and put in individual cultural backgrounds as a replacement. A race won't be a modifier to your abilities any more, it will be your unique background that provides bonuses.

21 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Another thing for the "Woke" to be offended about

Even D&D now is trying to remove Races (Elf, Dwarf, Halfling) from the game and put in individual cultural backgrounds as a replacement. A race won't be a modifier to your abilities any more, it will be your unique background that provides bonuses.

Do you really realize what the Woke actually means?

Because I really don't think you do, you don't seem like the kind of person who would intentionally use a Racial Slur in the manner it is being used here my friend.:)

5615B1D5-148C-4D35-AA90-58EAA792587E-12325-00000A5176930884.jpg

46 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Do you really realize what the Woke actually means?

Because I really don't think you do, you don't seem like the kind of person who would intentionally use a Racial Slur in the manner it is being used here my friend.:)

5615B1D5-148C-4D35-AA90-58EAA792587E-12325-00000A5176930884.jpg

I know what "Gay" really means too.

A word means what society says it means.

I parry your meme with a actual link. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woke

Woke (/woʊk/ wohk) is a term originating in the United States which originally meant to be alert to racial prejudice and discrimination. Beginning in the 2010s, it came to encompass a broader awareness of social inequalities such as sexism, and has also been used as shorthand for left-wing ideas involving identity politics and social justice, such as the notion of white privilege and slavery reparations for African Americans.

Note in the above...Originally meant...

Further...

While the term woke initially pertained to issues of racial prejudice and discrimination impacting African Americans, it was appropriated by other activist groups with different causes.[29] Abas Mirzaei, a senior lecturer in branding at Macquarie University says that the term "has been cynically applied to everything from soft drink to razors".[29]

The term woke has gained popularity amid an increasing leftward turn on various issues among the American left; this has partly been a reaction to the right-wing politics of US President Donald Trump, who was elected in 2016, but also to a growing awareness regarding the extent of historical discrimination faced by African Americans.[41] Ideas that have come to be associated with wokeness include a rejection of American exceptionalism; a belief that the United States has never been a true democracy; that people of color suffer from systemic and institutional racism; that white Americans experience white privilege; that African Americans deserve reparations for slavery and post-enslavement discrimination; that disparities among racial groups, for instance in certain professions or industries, are automatic evidence of discrimination; that U.S. law enforcement agencies are designed to discriminate against people of color and so should be defunded, disbanded, or heavily reformed; that women suffer from systemic sexism; that individuals should be able to identify with any gender or none; that U.S. capitalism is deeply flawed; and that Trump's election to the presidency was not an aberration but a reflection of the prejudices about people of color held by large parts of the US population.[41] Although increasingly accepted across much of the American Left, many of these ideas were nevertheless unpopular among the U.S. population as a whole and among other, especially more centrist parts, of the Democratic Party.[41]

As always with Wikipedia, if you believe it is incorrect, I challenge you to go edit the article and see if anyone who manages the Wiki agrees with you. 

Edited by DieChecker
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

Another thing for the "Woke" to be offended about. 

It's just Demi Lovato I think.

I'd say most people would call her announcement nonsense.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

It's just Demi Lovato I think.

I'd say most people would call her announcement nonsense.

Very very likely. I didn't even know she said anything other then it popped up as a new post and I was curious.

Regardless, groups of loud idiots have ranted extensively given less. And over less.

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

I know what "Gay" really means too.

A word means what society says it means.

I parry your meme with a actual link. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woke

Note in the above...Originally meant...

Further...

As always with Wikipedia, if you believe it is incorrect, I challenge you to go edit the article and see if anyone who manages the Wiki agrees with you. 

As far as Wikipedia goes, I use it for a reference only not as a point of discussion. I would not bother to Challenge Wikipedia because no one seriously uses it as a credible source of information, and you know that as well as I do!:yes:

Edited by Manwon Lender

Demi Lovato ...or..at least her agent...I'll just go with both...are far from idiots...

...they played you all bro!

Now there is a whole entire thread on UM talking about Demi Lovato.  And you don't think this is the only website....?

Brilliant free publicity campaign.  Talk about something in such a way that will just set everyone's pants on fire...how many people never heard of Demi Lovato but will now google her?

Well done Demi! :clap::nw:

11 hours ago, Freez1 said:

Stupid is as stupid does. Why is it stupid people get reality shows? Intelligent people you only hear about after they die?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

As far as Wikipedia goes, I use it for a reference only not as a point of discussion. I would not bother to Challenge Wikipedia because no one seriously uses it as a credible source of information, and you know that as well as I do!:yes:

And posting a meme pic is a scholarly article?

You should know a meme pic isn't a credible source either. Wikipedia at least has oversight, a meme is just words on a picture.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

You should know a meme pic isn't a credible source either. Wikipedia at least has oversight, a meme is just words on a picture.

Hes Right You Know GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 5

47 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

The original meme was meant as a joke, you win hands Down!:tu:

318F8051-7480-419F-B0F8-F1611CAB8368-13205-00000AD110869BEC.jpg

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Haha 3

On 10/12/2021 at 12:41 PM, jethrofloyd said:

Let's drop the term Alien, and call 'em all Kardashians!

And years ago, when someone mentioned the Kardashians, I always thought of these:

Screenshot_20211016-193423_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

Is Demi Lovato a klingon :-P 

Never Trust a klingon 

Edited by 'Walt' E. Kurtz

On 10/13/2021 at 2:42 AM, mesuma said:

Wokeism is alive and intergalactic.  I really really worry for the state of society. 

I not a male , not a female , i am an CAIC WZ-10.

11 hours ago, TheGoldenBoy said:

I not a male , not a female , i am an CAIC WZ-10.

Pronoun - it, that, deathmachine.

In all seriousness.  I find it worrying that folk now don't want to use the proper describing words for the things that they actually are.  Language is slowly being obliterated by folk who have lived there lives through social media.  Online etiquette is now social etiquette and anything that doesn't fit the narrative shall be ignored or destroyed.

Edited by mesuma
  • Haha 1

On 10/16/2021 at 6:35 PM, Abramelin said:

And years ago, when someone mentioned the Kardashians, I always thought of these:

Screenshot_20211016-193423_Gallery.jpg

what's the difference? 

• Haha 1

On 10/13/2021 at 8:56 PM, Freez1 said:

Stupid is as stupid does. Why is it stupid people get reality shows? Intelligent people you only hear about after they die?

They get the reality shows because watching stupid people is a LOT more entertaining than listening to smart people drone on and on about things that most people don't understand. You will pay to go to a circus to see people do all sorts of insane things but you would not pay a penny to watch a scientist doing an experiment over and over to see if the results are repeatable or a one-time anomaly.

Lets face it watching idiots is funny and entertaining...

For the smart people... I like watching Sabine Hossenfelder on YouTube. She explains stuff to a more down time earth level.

She's a Top Researcher on Dark Matter in Germany.

Edited by DieChecker