Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

USAF officers: 'UFOs tampered with our nukes'

UM-Bot

7 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

He was a nostalgia trip for me, a la Frank Edwards and the Lorenzens, APRO and NICAP, the ancestors of MUFON. You could smell the acrid odor of yellowed acid paper from old periodicals piled in the corner of his office and manila files full of old reports in a beat up old filing cabinet that creaked every time it was opened. He was from the pre PC days with a rolodex on his desk and a pager in his pockets, pockets with plenty of change for the pay phone when needed. A half spilled Styrofoam cup of coffee would be sitting on his desk and smoke rising from an old stogie, burning in the ashtray with an old Sinatra song playing on a battered, mono tap deck.

:)

In tribute to his commitment to the forum.

I wonder how he is doing these days. Are you still out there @skyeagle409

140206-F-HC633-003.JPG

Guess which one :)

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Guess which one :)

The one on the right, unless he's gone funny on us. You just know the Japanese were still J aps and the Germans still Krauts to this guy.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

The one on the right, unless he's gone funny on us. You just know the Japanese were still J aps and the Germans still Krauts to this guy.

He's behind the gee :)

11 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

He's behind the gee :)

Oh, I thought that was Obama.

• Haha 1

On 10/12/2021 at 11:54 AM, UM-Bot said:

A panel of former USAF officers will be presenting evidence that UFOs tampered with US nuclear weapons.

off world entities have never tampered because these entities are not here, never have been!
This whole 'ufo/ aliens on this planet' subject has become incredibly tedious.

If they are here then fekin prove it or shut the fek up about it!!! Boring zzzzzzz:sleepy:

Oh yeah, nearly forgot==== 'In My Opinion' ;)

• Like 1

It's been awhile since I last posted on the forums.  I was made aware last week of the up and coming "press conference" scheduled for 19 Oct 21.  I see that there will be a You Tube feed so I'll take a look and see...should be interesting...or not.  Since Mr. Salas, Jaimeson, Jacobs, et al are involved, one can assume that this will be a rehash of the old nuke and ufos genre.  Personally, I know of no new claims being made to add anymore relevance to the old ICBM cases that were propagated some years ago.  Yet, who knows?  Maybe Mr. Salas will provide new evidence to add to his and others' claims.  I'll wait and see.

I see that someone on the forums posted the links to the past UFO and Nukes debate on this site.  Fun times to be sure.  That should save everyone the effort to relitigate Malmstrom AFB and others.  In the end it was mind numbing in its on twisted way.

Cheers to my old friends her on UM.  Hope all is in good health!

Tim

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 10/15/2021 at 5:07 PM, psyche101 said:

My old mate Sky Eagle lol.

He was about as convincing as Papageorge. 

Sky was an interesting anomaly.  He fought hard against the "We never went to the Moon" conspiridiots using science and logic and his own experience.  But when it was about UFO's, all of that went out the window, and he just bought into any old anecdote - if it came from someone claiming to be a pilot, he was just instantly convinced...

Anyway, sounds like someone is short of money and needs to drum up interest so they can get a paid interview or UFO convention spot..

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 5

nukes.jpg.b722c3c91d1ce3f08e2aac90cac27115.jpg

Here's another guy that came forward, Air Force Captain David Schindele. He was stationed in Minot Air Force Base in North Dakota. A UFO shut down nukes there in 1966 when Schindele was in command of the launch. So guys like Robert Salas have a lot of company. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronGhost said:

A UFO shut down nukes there in 1966 when Schindele was in command of the launch. So guys like Robert Salas have a lot of company. 

yep, & a lot of books

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, IronGhost said:

nukes.jpg.b722c3c91d1ce3f08e2aac90cac27115.jpg

Here's another guy that came forward, Air Force Captain David Schindele. He was stationed in Minot Air Force Base in North Dakota. A UFO shut down nukes there in 1966 when Schindele was in command of the launch. So guys like Robert Salas have a lot of company. 

Always good to hear from these high quality military people who were actually involved in an event. 

David Schindele is sort of a newcomer to the Hastings/Salas clan.  I posted awhile back:

Retired Air Force officer David Schindele has recently published a book, "It Never Happened."  Mr. Schindele was a Minuteman launch officer assigned to Minot AFB, ND back in the late 1960s. [1965-1968]

Based on the available information, Schindele was on alert at a site near Mohall, ND when a "flying object" took down all ten of his Minuteman I missiles.  I'm assuming that all ten sorties dropped into LF No-Go mode.  This may have happened in December 1966 based on a local Minot newspaper story or later in 1967.

After the encounter, Air Force officials allegedly told Schindele that the incident "Never Happened" and that he was to speak of this no further.  According to Schindele, he did just that, keeping his silence for well over 50 years.

Is this the same incident that the late David Schuur reported while on alert at a Minot site back in the late 1960s?  I wrote a blog post back in 2010 looking into Schuur's story.

Project Blue Book does appear to list an investigation corresponding to a March 5, 1967 incident in and around Minot AFB,  received reports of a UFO sighting near Mohall, ND and Velva, ND from local policemen on March 2, 1967.  The object in question appeared to be moving east to west.

Unfortunately, I never purchased Schindele's book.  He may well have been in Hasting's Nukes and UFOs book, but that I really don't know.  We'll have to see what he has to say tomorrow, if anything.

BTW, Salas had started to raise money a couple of years ago to put this together.  I'm assuming COVID had put this on hold for awhile.  

Edited by Tim Hebert
  • Like 1

So here it is. The announced press conference about UAP's and Nuclear Weapons, from earlier today, Oct. 19th 2021

Duration: 2 hours

Edited by zep73
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Last night I reviewed the contents of the press conference.  I was taken back by the lack of participation as compared to the 2010 presser. Salas did state that some of those individuals had passed on.  Notably missing was Robert Hastings, but I do recall that this was solely put together by Salas.  Awhile back he had alluded to that he would have four new witnesses regarding the Oscar Flight incident...there were none mentioned in the presentation.

Based on what I saw and heard there was nothing new presented that advanced any of Salas' claims regarding Echo and/or Oscar Flights at Malmstrom back in 1967.  Again, missing is any collaborating information from other personnel that would have been present on 24/25 March 1967. 

Mr. Schindele provided his experience, but unfortunately he has nothing personally to back up his claim as far as documentation, ie maintenance reports and up channeled reports to various HQ units.  Most importantly, Schindele was not on alert the day of the incident.  He, like most of the launch officers, heard about UFOs from others, yet saw nothing themselves.     But with that said, Mr. Schindele has a Blue Book report that documents a UFO report in the Mohall and Velva vicinity on 2 March 1967.  Schindele's time line for his incident, as he stated in the press conference, was Sept of 1966 which was six months earlier than the Blue Book reported case.  As of this time, I am not aware that anyone who was manning Schindele's Launch Control Facility has come forward to strengthen his claim.  On the other hand, the late David Schuur's story may correspond to Schindele's timeline.

I'll provide more...if there is any interest from the forum members.  I know that in the past we have beaten to death these topics so I'll leave it up to you good folks.

Edited by Tim Hebert
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just a note -- Robert Hastings said in the recent book he co-wrote with his friend Bob Jacobs -- "Confessions: Our Hidden Alien Encounters Revealed" -- that he has a serious heart condition and has officially retired from lecturing and writing. He said he takes prescription meds that sap his energy. He may not have been up to attending the Press Conference, or maybe he just feels he did his part on the issue, enough is enough and he's simply retired.

1 hour ago, IronGhost said:

enough is enough

No it isn't... B)

Again, please post the (best) actual evidence that demands explanation.  Anecdotes are near useless as they can be explained easily by exaggerated memories, a desire to make money on the UFO circuit and a whole pile of other motivations.

• Like 3

On 10/13/2021 at 12:18 AM, Nobu said:

There are volumes of reports worldwide in every nuclear weapon  having government of this happening. I’m not an ufo junkie like you. I have no idea of who salas is. I’m a junkie of interesting stories and facts.

But from my time working for the the US and of a life analyzing  reports that were the same in many countries I feel like there was legitimate early hacking of systems going on.

I find all of this fascinating in a historical sense.

Not every nuclear weapon or Nagasaki and Hiroshima would not have been destroyed.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/14/2021 at 1:08 AM, ChrLzs said:

Which event was your favorite and most convincing?  As Trelane has pointed out, it seems I am wasting my time asking as there will be nothing but handwaving from you, but I live in hope.  One day you might get brave and actually nominate an event for in depth discussion.

Oh .. one quick hint for you.  Before you nominate anything, may I suggest you do a Google search and type in the key words to identify the event followed by " site:unexplained-mysteries.com".  That way you can take a look at any threads already posted here - you should probably READ those and get a feel for the expertise levels already here, thus avoiding any embarrassment.

I shall now hold my breath in eager anticipation...

ADDED:  You could start with these...

https://www.scribd.com/document/42303580/Echo-Flights-of-Fantasy-Anatomy-of-a-UFO-Hoax-by-James-Carlson

well done finding that ChrLzs!!

(hope you are well BTW)

that was a good thread, I just wish we had more decent threads and debates like we did years ago.....

@Psyche101 (howdy) - I never knew in all that time what skyeagle looked like, thanks for posting pic.....I am curious as to where he is now.....he was a great character to have on the forum..love him or hate him!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, quillius said:

hope you are well BTW

Yep, still kicking.  I'm hoping to get a decade or so more out of this old wreck... :) 

14 hours ago, quillius said:

that was a good thread, I just wish we had more decent threads and debates like we did years ago

Yep.  I lament the good old days, but I think us boring skeptics have effectively won. In other words, despite all the magnitudes of improvements in our sky and space surveillance, we are getting *less* things that are unidentified, and those that are just at the observational limit, are pretty pathetic.  No sign of non-terrestrial behavior.  For few brief moments I thought Tom Delonge and Luis Elizondo (ToTheStars) might stumble onto something, but all their promises of unexplainable footage have essentially come to nothing, and sad part of that is that they clearly do not have a clue, and that's why the rest of the Defence Department has given up on them.

BTW, I will mention that one of their videos looked interesting, but it was the worst quality one (the one that looks a bit like an object splashed into the ocean) and sadly it quickly became clear that there was no better quality footage, and as usual no corroborating data.

Another dead end.  Ah well, I guess we should be patient...  Also I find both potential hypotheses fascinating and wonderful to muse upon:

- there is life out there, but intelligent / technological life is so rare we will be unlikely ever to find it or be visited by it.

- we are 'it'.

I doubt the second one very much... 

• Like 3

We have thousands of people like this

https://nypost.com/2021/10/21/former-air-force-chief-claims-he-once-saw-ufo-firing-at-nuke-missiles-launched-from-secret-base/amp/

if your go-to is they are just trying to make a buck, you are truly in need of a life and a brain. Alien life? I have many doubts. But all of these servicemen just dont decide to chase a dollar in their years before death.

40 minutes ago, Nobu said:

We have thousands of people like this

https://nypost.com/2021/10/21/former-air-force-chief-claims-he-once-saw-ufo-firing-at-nuke-missiles-launched-from-secret-base/amp/

if your go-to is they are just trying to make a buck, you are truly in need of a life and a brain. Alien life? I have many doubts. But all of these servicemen just dont decide to chase a dollar in their years before death.

Yeah, Robert Jacobs has held true to his claim since 1964.  Accordingly, what he saw was the malfunctioning of the shroud separating from the dummy warhead...Atlas D or E launch code name Butterfly Net (?)  Fragments of the shroud supposedly are what Jacobs saw circulating about the RV.  This debris nocked the RV off of it's trajectory path.  Jacobs thought that it was a UFO shooting ray beams at the RV.  This testing failure revealed a strategic vulnerability with the RV delivery capability and was instrumental in the decision process to eventually phase out the Atlas ICBM.  Of course  the propulsion loading explosions at three Atlas F sites  located at Walker AFB, nee Roswell AFB, NM sealed the system's fate for good.  That made for three gloriously huge craters in the New Mexico scrublands.  No UFOs, just human error and a complicated piece of ICBM hardware.

Dr. Jacobs is tenacious about what he saw...I'll give him that much!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tim Hebert said:

Yeah, Robert Jacobs has held true to his claim since 1964.  Accordingly, what he saw was the malfunctioning of the shroud separating from the dummy warhead...Atlas D or E launch code name Butterfly Net (?)  Fragments of the shroud supposedly are what Jacobs saw circulating about the RV.  This debris nocked the RV off of it's trajectory path.  Jacobs thought that it was a UFO shooting ray beams at the RV.  This testing failure revealed a strategic vulnerability with the RV delivery capability and was instrumental in the decision process to eventually phase out the Atlas ICBM.  Of course  the propulsion loading explosions at three Atlas F sites  located at Walker AFB, nee Roswell AFB, NM sealed the system's fate for good.  That made for three gloriously huge craters in the New Mexico scrublands.  No UFOs, just human error and a complicated piece of ICBM hardware.

Dr. Jacobs is tenacious about what he saw...I'll give him that much!

Yes , but knowing a little about this. Your story is not what happened. Like I said… UFOs? Very unlikely. Unknown??? 1000000000000 percent.

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Nobu said:

Yes , but knowing a little about this. Your story is not what happened. Like I said… UFOs? Very unlikely. Unknown??? 1000000000000 percent.

Yeah, I made the mistake of reading the actual report from the launch project manager.  I feel foolish.  Perhaps you can provide more information about the launch in question.  Please do not regurgitate Jacobs' story since I'm fully versed in it.  Please provide other corroborating evidence sans Jacobs. 

Thank you in advance.

PS:  I failed to mention the failed deployment of the RV penetration aids...I believe this was the defining culprit...but again...

Edit:  I see that you are disclaiming Jacobs' UFO claim so disregard my above.  I'll leave the post intact for forum transparency.

Edited by Tim Hebert
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tim Hebert said:

Yeah, I made the mistake of reading the actual report from the launch project manager.  I feel foolish.  Perhaps you can provide more information about the launch in question.  Please do not regurgitate Jacobs' story since I'm fully versed in it.  Please provide other corroborating evidence sans Jacobs. 

Thank you in advance.

The problem is the public isn’t privy to all of the interviews and investigations —-they see one old guy with a story and immediately say “money grab” or “liar for attention” for every Robert Jacobs you guys read there are 20-100 others that witnessed something in an investigation  the government did. The company you guys know as alphabet got a lot of its seed money from the US. There is an INCREDIBLE Dod database (three actually, probably more) that is like a google for top secret. 

I have searched this incident and countless others. You don’t have to believe me. And honestly? I don’t care. Two tears in a bucket. My days are ending.

but the government (as far as I know) labeled this as “Unknown” after their investigation. 

I also label it as Unknown. Because I just don’t know. I have theories that are not UFO but those are outlandish and would get me In trouble. And they are likely incorrect. I’m a numbers guy.

so no, I can’t help your curiosity or even mine. I just don’t know man.

my only point in posting here is that I don’t try to swing a persons viewpoint from science to UFOs. I’m only here because this place is entertaining… and I do learn a lot… and maybe I can help people to understand that it’s ok to “not know”.

just in my opinion this was a case that absolutely has no answer that the government officially ever found. 

Edited by Nobu
Excuse the typos/

9 minutes ago, Nobu said:

The problem is the public isn’t privy to all of the interviews and investigations —-they see one old guy with a story and immediately say “money grab” or “liar for attention” for every Robert Jacobs you guys read there are 20-100 others that witnessed something in an investigation  the government did. The company you guys know as alphabet got a lot of its seed money from the US. There is an INCREDIBLE Dod database (three actually, probably more) that is like a google for top secret. 

I have searched this incident and countless others. You don’t have to believe me. And honestly? I don’t care. Two tears in a bucket. My days are ending.

but the government (as far as I know) labeled this as “Unknown” after their investigation. 

I also label it as Unknown. Because I just don’t know. I have theories that are not UFO but those are outlandish and would get me In trouble. And they are likely incorrect. I’m a numbers guy.

so no, I can’t help your curiosity or even mine. I just don’t know man.

my only point in posting here is that I don’t try to swing a persons viewpoint from science to UFOs. I’m only here because this place is entertaining… and I do learn a lot… and maybe I can help people to understand that it’s ok to “not know”.

just in my opinion this was a case that absolutely has no answer that the government officially ever found. 

No sweat.  I'm just a guy that likes to shake the boxes of UFO stories and see what tumbles out.  Alternative theories sans UFO are my thing when the mood gets me.

• Like 1

Just now, Tim Hebert said:

No sweat.  I'm just a guy that likes to shake the boxes of UFO stories and see what tumbles out.  Alternative theories sans UFO are my thing when the mood gets me.

I get you. I just want to find out all of the answers that I don’t know before I am gone. And I know it will not happen. It will be you younger guys that the torch will be passed to. Keep an open mind bud.