Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Shapes of UFOs

elliott19

9 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

The rest of your post I agree with - but what are you referring to here?

Research to life on mars by Gilbert Victor Levin who died in july of this year. He was the principal Investigator of the Viking mission Labeled Release Experiment.

The Viking Mars Lander detected microscopical life on Mars in 1976. Not everyone was happy with his statement non the less in 2012 Levin was also part of an international group that did cluster analysis on Mars that suggested the existence of extant microbial life on the red planet.

In the ALH 84001 (piece of rock size of a potato and recognized its origin to Mars) they found tiny magnetite crystals. NSF researcher at the Iowa State University Dennis Bazylinski stated as followed: 

On Earth, magnetite (Fe3O4) is formed by both biological and inorganic processes. 
Magnetotactic bacteria, which live in aquatic environments, 
produce these crystals and use them like compass needles to find good living conditions. 
The magnetite crystals that the bacteria make are chemically pure and clearly differ in size and shape from crystals of non-biological origin. 
The crystals in the Martian meteorite have the same characteristics.
Scientists agree that ALH84001 is one of 16 meteorites found on Earth that originated from Mars. 
The object lay in the Antarctic ice for 13,000 years. There is no doubt that the magnetite crystals must have formed on Mars.

To get back on the original topic of the shapes of UFO's.

Everyone that sees a UFO thinks of intelligent life forms from other planets. But in one case of those UFO shapes we can actually state that it has its origin on our own planet Earth.

Alexander Weygers a Dutch American born in what is now known as Indonesia had drawn a flying saucer and had sent those drawings to different branches of the US military who replied they were very interested in the designs and its capabilities but they had no means to pursue the whole deal at that time (this is somewhere around 1943). In 1944 Weygers actually got a patent on his "Discopter". 

This flying saucer became known due to films and other stuff and always got related to IET's. 

Just wondering if the US military actually at one point took the prints of this flying saucer to build one. Furthermore because eventually on the Joe Rogan Experience podcast they have a guest in Bob Lazar who claims to have worked on flying saucers at a secret base (Papoose lake, Area 51). 

• Haha 1

On 11/3/2021 at 8:04 PM, ChrLzs said:

I'm here from the Society for the Correct Use of the Term "UFO".

They are NOT mistaken for UFO's, they are unidentified flying objects.  People mistake UFO's for something non-terrestrial.  To date, there is NO, NADA, ZERO, ZILCH, NIL reason to do that - there is not a single example of a properly documented report that shows non-terrestrial capabilities or appearance.

And I'm happy to back that up.

Hense the word UFO enclosed in quotes.

• Confused 2

10 hours ago, Y. Wolvenberg said:

The Viking Mars Lander detected microscopical life on Mars in 1976.

They found chemical signatures that suggested life, using experimental techniques designed to work here on earth.  Unfortunately, they don't give a positive, 100% definite life identification.  As the years have gone by, significant doubts have been raised about how good that test was, hence NASA backed away from the claim.  Unfortunately, they also backed off from re-testing, but in part that is because it is difficult to design tests that will definitively detect microbial life - the chemical processes and conditions on Mars are not yet fully understood.  Even Levin himself words it carefully - he says he's convinced we found evidence of microbial respiration processes - not actual life, nor the microbes themselves. 

In essence, yes, it's reasonably good evidence, but it's not the deal breaker required.  There's a pretty good coverage here:

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/im-convinced-we-found-evidence-of-life-on-mars-in-the-1970s/

7 hours ago, Y. Wolvenberg said:

Just wondering if the US military actually at one point took the prints of this flying saucer to build one.

I think there's been at least three serious attempts to build a 'saucer' by various countries..  But there's a whole pile of problems with that design, and frankly, it just doesn't make a lot of sense. This topic came up a few years back here at UM, and there are many aeronautical and aerodynamic problems with the round/saucer shape.  I'll try and find that discussion.

To be fair, there is ONE advantage - if you have something shaped like a frisbee, you can throw it with spin added to give it a bit of extra stability and flight distance.  Good for throwing, but NOT good for the dizzy occupants inside the craft...

• Like 4

Here you go - why not to use a saucer shape:

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/329558-this-real-life-flying-saucer-actually-works/?do=findComment&comment=6797785

(grrrr, why doesn't the automatic linking work?)

There's quite a long and comprehensive post there that debunks a whole pile of claims made in support of the saucer shape.  It's by some dude who sounds knowledgeable.

Oh wait, that was me!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Here you go - why not to use a saucer shape:

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/329558-this-real-life-flying-saucer-actually-works/?do=findComment&comment=6797785

(grrrr, why doesn't the automatic linking work?)

There's quite a long and comprehensive post there that debunks a whole pile of claims made in support of the saucer shape.  It's by some dude who sounds knowledgeable.

Oh wait, that was me!

It is not that I claim saucer shape UFO is good or not or whatever. Just figured I knew the blue prints are there and Weygers delivered those to differ parts of the US military. Which made me wonder if they actually tried to build it :) Funny part that Bob Lazar actually states in the Joe Rogan podcast he worked in a base where they had a bunch of these saucer shaped crafts and stated they where from Alien origin :D

• Haha 3

Let's just say the name Bob Lazar generally doesn't go down too well hereabouts... :D

Anyways, welcome to the forum, Y.  Looks like you have much to offer!

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Let's just say the name Bob Lazar generally doesn't go down too well hereabouts... :D

It is a oncoming contradiction :D

What I mean is I read a lot, I research a lot. In most cases I got the feeling nah not possible or to far fetched. I love conspiracy theories just because they are always good bases for stories to write and create dystopia's and worlds to fit stories in. :D

• Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 4:49 PM, ChrLzs said:

I'm on standby if we need to go down the pathway of the ever so "honorable" Mr. Lazar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Trelane said:

I'm on standby if we need to go down the pathway of the ever so "honorable" Mr. Lazar.

where is your respect!?!?? Never ever dis bob in a post I'm reading ever again!!= do you understand????!!!

For any of my American friends reading: it's a joke/ sarcastic wit & all that^_^

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Dejarma

As a Canadian I understood it as intended.:tu:

Canadian?!? don't worry - you'll get over it.. Bloody Canada- what a boring place wiv all ya pathetic scenery & open spaces...

come Live in the east end of London, you'll understand what living is all about mate!!! You've no idea the pleasure in hop scotching over last nights pub blood stains! :tsu:

Edited by Dejarma
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

Canadian?!? don't worry - you'll get over it.. Bloody Canada- what a boring place wiv all ya pathetic scenery & open spaces...

come Live in the east end of London, you'll understand what living is all about mate!!! You've no idea the pleasure in hop scotching over last nights pub blood stains! :tsu:

Hi Dejarma

A little blood on the floor only bothers the virgins:whistle:

I have always had calluses on both my knuckles and the palms of my hand so have made a couple of puddles(my own or someone else's) over the years.:D

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

look in planet earth you see humans different white black yellow and animals different why  no aliens can exsist in universe we are not alone

10 hours ago, Montello said:

look in planet earth you see humans different white black yellow and animals different why  no aliens can exsist {sic} in universe we are not alone

Who said aliens don't exist in the Universe?  Allow me - NO-ONE - so please don't invent strawmen.

The unanswered question is whether any have overcome the huge distances and somehow discovered us.  To date there is no evidence whatsoever of that.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Montello said:

look in planet earth you see humans different white black yellow and animals different why  no aliens can exsist in universe we are not alone

Who here said we are alone in the universe?

• Like 5

• 5 weeks later...