Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Ghost' moves chair in 'haunted' nightclub

UM-Bot

Yet another one where someone took video of a video screen instead of just copying the file from the source. SMH.
Pretty sure this was staged, too.

• Like 1

So many fishing monofilament "ghost" moved chair videos these days.  You'd think they could think of something else to move...... like a car, or maybe a huge boulder or something as simple as a wheelbarrow full of 80 lb cement bags.

• Like 4

Well if you were a ghost that's what you would do first hey.

Move a chair.

What more fun could a ghost have. I'm a bit jealous myself. Wish if thought of it first. Imma gonna do it anyway..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I would have liked to hear the manager's comments on the situation. Easily faked but also moving things is a common ghost activity. They might be fascinated that they can affect the physical with concentrated effort per a source I respect. Also it would be nice to know if the place had a spooky reputation although I'm beginning to suspect English pubs are indeed a hotspot. A fake would probably have been more dramatic.

Papameter Reading

65% Paranormal   25% Hoax    10% Natural

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 6

Just another dumb Halloween fake for the gullible. That chair is so out of place  - why is it there in the first place? It serves no purpose being there. It moves in a line that goes directly towards the end of the bar, perfectly lines up with someone pulling a line from ducked behind the bar. They probably tried it with one of those stools first and realized they wouldn't slide.

Guy was probably texting something like "ok I'm going to sneak back and pull the fishing line now - Halloween 2021!!1!!"

And then they go on facebook and post stupid Halloween jokes - yeah, ok. Dumb.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 3

If the chair would have moved on different axis to place it at a table it would have been nice, now it's just a one fishing line pull in a stupid direction...

5 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

If the chair would have moved on different axis to place it at a table it would have been nice, now it's just a one fishing line pull in a stupid direction...

All they would have had to do to make that happen is loop the line around one of those polished table legs. Shows how much effort they put into it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I would have liked to hear the manager's comments on the situation. Easily faked but also moving things is a common ghost activity. They might be fascinated that they can affect the physical with concentrated effort per a source I respect. Also it would be nice to know if the place had a spooky reputation although I'm beginning to suspect English pubs are indeed a hotspot. A fake would probably have been more dramatic.

Papameter Reading

65% Paranormal   25% Hoax    10% Natural

It's a goddam stupid activity. If ghosts could exist they mustn't get a ghost brain 

A ghost decided to contact the other side

I'll move a chair!!! Nobody could possibly second guess an afterlife after that!!! What more proof could someone want?? Nobody would doubt ghosts after that!!!!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

It's a goddam stupid activity. If ghosts could exist they mustn't get a ghost brain 

A ghost decided to contact the other side

I'll move a chair!!! Nobody could possibly second guess an afterlife after that!!! What more proof could someone want?? Nobody would doubt ghosts after that!!!!

Kinetic energy as in many poltergeist phenomena just one perhaps. I do know physical movement of a chair requires a force. What is it here?

6 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Kinetic energy as in many poltergeist phenomena just one perhaps. I do know physical movement of a chair requires a force. What is it here?

How can you have kinetic energy when you also say that forces are at work that cannot be detected? 

Kinetic energy is very detectable.

Other forces would include gravity. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

How can you have kinetic energy when you also say that forces are at work that cannot be detected? 

Kinetic energy is very detectable.

Other forces would include gravity. 

The force can be observed but not its source.

16 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The force can be observed but not its source.

I've said that before and you rejected it. 

That's measurable observation which refutes your claim that the paranormal cannot be measured. 

If the paranormal was a genuine phenomena it would have been confirmed by science by now.

Edited by psyche101

7 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I've said that before and you rejected it. 

That's measurable observation which refutes your claim that the paranormal cannot be measured. 

If the paranormal was a genuine phenomena it would have been confirmed by science by now.

Problem to your point is that it’s not predictable so how would you know when to measure a random chair at a random bar at a random time?

Also I’d be curious to hear your theory on how the chair moved.

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Problem to your point is that it’s not predictable so how would you know when to measure a random chair at a random bar at a random time?

It was measured by CCTV. It's a proposed haunted spot so if that's true more measurements are to be had there. Plenty of places claim to have regular activity. If that was true that's where proof would be. 

But all we have are rubbish claims by people who are ignorant of, or refuse to accept that physics refutes an afterlife to begin with.

Also I’d be curious to hear your theory on how the chair moved.

from the video I'd say most likely tremors. Probably vibration by heavy traffic. Trains or trucks.

There's nothing going on here but an obvious setup for a stupid Halloween pub advertisement. That odd chair that has no point being there is center frame for a reason, people. It's so simple to fake it's not even worth considering.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, moonman said:

There's nothing going on here but an obvious setup for a stupid Halloween pub advertisement. That odd chair that has no point being there is center frame for a reason, people. It's so simple to fake it's not even worth considering.

Yes, it's surrounded by stools. They are obviously what is normally used. The rattan chair is much lighter than the steel stools. Which is why I suggested vibration from passing heavy traffic. It would be likely more affected than the heavier objects. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Yes, it's surrounded by stools. They are obviously what is normally used. The rattan chair is much lighter than the steel stools. Which is why I suggested vibration from passing heavy traffic. It would be likely more affected than the heavier objects. 

Traffic doesn't even come into play. It's a hoax, fishing line, there is no mystery. Nothing about this comes off as genuine, every single part of it is plastered with red flags.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

I remember (years ago) watching a late nite documentary about some haunted american bar. The owner was saying 'I want nothing to do with anything paranormal and never bring up ghosts to anyone'. Then screen cuts to waitress serving customers, wearing custom bar tee shirt "I got drunk with the ghosts" (I couldn't stop laughing). Anyway, many restaurants took a big hit during Covid. If this helps bring in business, don't really see the harm.

Edited by Bed of chaos
  • Like 1

I'm sure it is a hoax, but I have actually seen stuff launch itself. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, moonman said:

Traffic doesn't even come into play. It's a hoax, fishing line, there is no mystery. Nothing about this comes off as genuine, every single part of it is plastered with red flags.

Most likely, but even giving the benefit of the doubt there really is no good reason to consider ghosts. 

Fishing line would be fine so that's another reason they would use the rattan chair as opposed to the metal stools. Less chance it would break.

• Like 2

On 10/14/2021 at 7:36 PM, GlitterRose said:

I'm sure it is a hoax, but I have actually seen stuff launch itself. 

I saw one of my gloves launch itself from the back of my truck.  I was just sitting there minding my own business when all of a sudden it just jumped out and landed a good ways behind me!  

Glad I saw it or I wouldn't have believed it.  I didn't even slow down to go pick it up though...they sell 10 for $10.00 at Home Depot.

• Haha 3