Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Oklahoma bomber died with his eyes open

Eldorado

Larry Whicher, whose brother Alan, an agent with the US Secret Service who had been killed in the 1995 bombing, had witnessed the execution and told CNN McVeigh had “a totally expressionless, blank stare”.

He added: “He had a look of defiance, and that if he could, he'd do it all over again.”

McVeigh had not made any final words, no apology to the families of those who died. Indeed, before his execution, the disillusioned young man had expressed regret he had not killed more people.

In place of a final statement, he had spent his final hours copying out the last lines of a verse of Invictus by the British Victorian poet Ernest Henley, that concludes: “I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul.”

UK Independent article at MSN

• Thanks 1

Ell

Lots of people are killed. A very few of those killed afterwards are unkilled.

Freez1

Someone like this guy shouldn’t be remembered I don’t give a rats a$$ if his eyes were open or closed. He should have died from pain not sedation in fact tortured until his last breath....!!!!!

• Like 1

Myles
10 hours ago, Freez1 said:

Someone like this guy shouldn’t be remembered I don’t give a rats a$$ if his eyes were open or closed. He should have died from pain not sedation in fact tortured until his last breath....!!!!!

I totally agree.