Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

SWORD unveils its Special Purpose Unmanned Rifle (SPUR)

Still Waters

Posted (IP: Staff) ·

SWORD International has displayed its Special Purpose Unmanned Rifle (SPUR for short) attachment for Quadrupedal Unmanned Ground Vehicles (QUGVs), which is a 6.5mm Creedmoor sniper rifle.

It's been unveiled at an expo, where the SPUR was seen sitting on top of a Ghost Robotics QUGV. You certainly wouldn't want to come across this bad boy in the wrong circumstances.

While some people will be cheering over such an impressive display of technology, it didn't take long for people to be horrified about what the machine could be used for.

https://www.ladbible.com/news/latest-robotics-company-attaches-high-tech-sniper-rifle-to-robot-dog-20211012

https://sworddefense.com/spur/

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

These civilian companies are just making themselves a legit target in case of conflict.

On 10/13/2021 at 11:34 PM, Still Waters said:

SWORD International has displayed its Special Purpose Unmanned Rifle (SPUR for short) attachment for Quadrupedal Unmanned Ground Vehicles (QUGVs), which is a 6.5mm Creedmoor sniper rifle.

It's been unveiled at an expo, where the SPUR was seen sitting on top of a Ghost Robotics QUGV. You certainly wouldn't want to come across this bad boy in the wrong circumstances.

While some people will be cheering over such an impressive display of technology, it didn't take long for people to be horrified about what the machine could be used for.

https://www.ladbible.com/news/latest-robotics-company-attaches-high-tech-sniper-rifle-to-robot-dog-20211012

https://sworddefense.com/spur/

I have no clue why anyone would be horrified at what 6.5mm Sniper Rifle can do, sounds like a great firearm to me. One thing is for certain, with that setup you can certainly reach out and touch someone from enough distance they would not even know you were there. There are two things that make a great Sniper Rifle, first being able to accurately hit targets at 1200 meters for an effective range and most importantly being able to do so without giving your positions away. 

I love that dog, they would be great weapons for any kind of situation!:tu:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I hope this is not a next level, after those robots in Singapore who are patrolling a streets for 'anti-social behaviour'. :cry:

• Sad 1

Well, that robot "sniper dog" might work, but it's so easily spotted. Just it's high profile and constant electronic signature would give it away.

If you're interested, YouTube has some great videos on actual human U.S. Navy Seal sniper training.

On 10/24/2021 at 2:42 AM, pallidin said:

Well, that robot "sniper dog" might work, but it's so easily spotted. Just it's high profile and constant electronic signature would give it away.

If you're interested, YouTube has some great videos on actual human U.S. Navy Seal sniper training.

Being easily spotted is not a problem at all, these weapons would be great for fixed positions in mountainous or wooded terrain where they can cover obvious avenues of approach and where they can be camouflaged. They would also be fantastic for urban warfare in high risk areas, all in all a weapons platform like this can save the lives of many Soldiers. I wonder how much they cost they would also be great for a home Defense Weapons!:devil:

22 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

would also be great for a home Defense Weapons

Except any form of remote controlled firearm, including robot controlled guns, fall under the legal catagory of traps, if used against humans, and are illegal in every state.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Except any form of remote controlled firearm, including robot controlled guns, fall under the legal catagory of traps, if used against humans, and are illegal in every state.

I never said it was legal, actually I wasn't serious in the first place. I can see the applications a Weapons platform like this would have for our military and I can also see the lives it could certainly save by using the Dog in place of soldiers in many situations. 

1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

I never said it was legal, actually I wasn't serious in the first place. I can see the applications a Weapons platform like this would have for our military and I can also see the lives it could certainly save by using the Dog in place of soldiers in many situations. 

As a weapon platform it has an insane amount of applications.  So many weapon systems could be used instead of a sniper rifle with various degrees of modification, a machine guns, anti-tank weapons, and manpads could all be put on a similar drone easily.  Larger drones could carry cannons, mortars, anti-air missiles.

Drones wont replace manned systems anytime soon and a pure drone force would have issues they are still a useful weapon system.

On the home defense line of thinking, the drone mentioned could be effective at helping to control feral hog populations.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

As a weapon platform it has an insane amount of applications.  So many weapon systems could be used instead of a sniper rifle with various degrees of modification, a machine guns, anti-tank weapons, and manpads could all be put on a similar drone easily.  Larger drones could carry cannons, mortars, anti-air missiles.

Drones wont replace manned systems anytime soon and a pure drone force would have issues they are still a useful weapon system.

On the home defense line of thinking, the drone mentioned could be effective at helping to control feral hog populations.

I agree with everything your saying here completely, where I see their use saving lives is in Urban Combat situations where Our soldiers would have clear large urban population centers like they had to do in Iraq. These devices could be used in over watch positions or even to clear certain kinds of structures. Like you said over all the applications are endless and as the dogs mobility is improved for instance with drones this Weapons platform will only become a more valuable asset. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I agree with everything your saying here completely, where I see their use saving lives is in Urban Combat situations where Our soldiers would have clear large urban population centers like they had to do in Iraq. These devices could be used in over watch positions or even to clear certain kinds of structures. Like you said over all the applications are endless and as the dogs mobility is improved for instance with drones this Weapons platform will only become a more valuable asset. 

I have been saying they were going to weaponize these things since the first time I saw them.  Long time ago.  Imagine:

In a world where on a combat field far away, stealth 'dogs' armed to the hilt bring a devastating response to The Enemy.  

Revelations 13:4

They worshiped the dragon because he gave authority to the beast. And they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast? Who is able to wage war against it?”

• Like 1