Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pelosi lectures reporters, says they 'could do a better job selling' Build Back Better


OverSword
 Share

Recommended Posts

Quote

 

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi lectured congressional reporters Tuesday on Capitol Hill for not doing a good enough job "selling" President Biden's Build Back Better plan. 

A new CBS News poll revealed only 10% of respondents said they knew "a lot of the specifics" of what's included in Biden's $3.5 trillion spending package. Asked about the low number of Americans informed on the matter, Pelosi placed the blame not on the White House, but on the press.

"Do you think you need to do a better job at messaging, and going forward, how do you sell this?" CBS News' Nikole Killion wondered.

"Well I think you all could do a better job of selling it, to be very frank with you," Pelosi responded, saying the media has not done justice to the list of items in the bill, such as Family Medical Leave. "Every time I come here, I go through the list … It is hard to break through when you have such a comprehensive package."

 

Link

Just in case you were wondering if Pelosi thinks the press are her marketing division. :yes:  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

"Whether they know it or not, they overwhelmingly support it," she says

I have words for this statement, but I'm afraid Saru would have a conniption fit if I were to post them.:innocent:

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The way the democrats are approaching this, what isn't infrastructure by their too broad definition?  Above, Pelosi sites Family Medical Leave.  That, and many other things need to be addressed separately and on a case by case basis.  Infrastructure should be trains, highways, airports, internet, phone lines, electrical grid, rivers, fresh water, etc.  Not day care, paid leave, minimum wage, etc.  These are also issues but not critical infrastructure.  

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

The way the democrats are approaching this, what isn't infrastructure by their too broad definition?  Above, Pelosi sites Family Medical Leave.  That, and many other things need to be addressed separately and on a case by case basis.  Infrastructure should be trains, highways, airports, internet, phone lines, electrical grid, rivers, fresh water, etc.  Not day care, paid leave, minimum wage, etc.  These are also issues but not critical infrastructure.  

Both parties are notorious for adding all sorts of pork to bills so they can point at the other party and blame them for not passing an important bill, when in fact the party in question is objecting to the pork.  Hell, we can't even get them to pass a basic budget each year without the constant threat of shutting down the government.  My coworkers are always on edge from about Oct-December as to whether or not they'll be working or not.  Granted, they usually end up getting backpay anyway but for most of us, that gap in pay is extremely detrimental. 

Not that the suits care.   The divisive politics are getting old. 

Edited by HSlim
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, HSlim said:

The divisive politics are getting old. 

Something is getting old

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFqXQthE6MA5g70ZOvOhe

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Something is getting old

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFqXQthE6MA5g70ZOvOhe

A lot of them are getting old.   We've got Congressional members of both parties who are well into their 80s and we have members who have been there for decades.  It's time for both term and age limits.   If a lawmaker has no chance (due to age) of living to see the consequences of their actions, then they should have no say in the lawmaking process. 

Edited by HSlim
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, HSlim said:

A lot of them are getting old.   We've got Congressional members of both parties who are well into their 80s and we have members who have been there for decades.  It's time for both term and age limits.   If a lawmaker has no chance (due to age) of living to see the consequences of their actions, then they should have no say in the lawmaking process. 

I will agree with term limits

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, OverSword said:

I will agree with term limits

Out of curiousity, why not age limits?  Why are we accepting someone who has lost all touch with the average person telling us what rules we have to abide by?  Did you see the hearings regarding FB?  It was absolutely embarrassing how many of those people had no concept of the basics of social media. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, HSlim said:

Out of curiousity, why not age limits?  Why are we accepting someone who has lost all touch with the average person telling us what rules we have to abide by?  Did you see the hearings regarding FB?  It was absolutely embarrassing how many of those people had no concept of the basics of social media. 

Well you may have a point, but I know some pretty sharp people in their 80's that I wouldn't have a problem with holding office.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Well you may have a point, but I know some pretty sharp people in their 80's that I wouldn't have a problem with holding office.  

I agree in a sense, I know lots of sharp people in their 80s.  That doesn't mean I want them making rules for me to live by long after they're dead, knowing that they have a max of MAYBE 20 years left.   No problem with these people being advisors, but I don't want them leading the pack. 

Edited by HSlim
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Well you may have a point, but I know some pretty sharp people in their 80's that I wouldn't have a problem with holding office.  

I agree with this.

 

Term limits are needed. And the limits need to be SHORT. But, when people are in charge of approving their own job status....nobody ever gets fired. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Robotic Jew said:

I agree with this.

 

Term limits are needed. And the limits need to be SHORT. But, when people are in charge of approving their own job status....nobody ever gets fired. 

Very true

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

I will agree with term limits

Same here.   Term limits would eliminate the need for any age related restrictions.   These people are staying in politics till an elder age because it is too profitable for them.   

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

LMAO, age limits???  yea we need them, at least 50 years old,  AOC,  Greta, and the squad showed that young kids are mostly dumber than generations before.

ps,  oh yea, and snowflakes, lol 

Edited by aztek
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Myles said:

Same here.   Term limits would eliminate the need for any age related restrictions.   These people are staying in politics till an elder age because it is too profitable for them.   

Fair enough.  Didn't Strom Thurmond stay in there until he was 100?   That should have never been allowed to happen. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

LMAO, age limits???  yea we need them, at least 50 years old,  AOC,  Greta, and the a squad showed that young kids are mostly dumber than generations before.

ps,  oh yea, and snowflakes, lol 

Why don't you go on another rant about how this is black vs. white warfare?  The fact that you misspelled a simple word like "yeah" while calling other people "dumb" speaks volumes. 

Edited by HSlim
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, HSlim said:

Why don't you go on another rant about how this is black vs. white warfare?

because i'm smarter than you , and i do not go into pointless idiotic rants like you do, oh and thanks for your post, lol,. it proves my point exactly, YOU prove my point exactly, most young kids today are dumb, just like you.

Edited by aztek
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, aztek said:

because i'm smarter than you , and i do not go into pointless idiotic rants like you do, oh and thanks for your post, lol,. it proves my point exactly, YOU prove my point exactly, most young kids today are dumb, just like you.

Oh honey.... bless your sweet, simple heart.  Tell me all about it with that absolute abortion of grammar that you're using.  Actually, don't bother. You're going back on ignore now. 

Edited by HSlim
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, aztek said:

because i'm smarter than you , and i do not go into pointless idiotic rants like you do, oh and thanks for your post, lol,. it proves my point exactly, YOU prove my point exactly, most young kids today are dumb, just like you.

Since when???

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Since when???

I love when someone who can't handle basic punctuation calls me dumb! :lol:  Maybe I should let my children correct his comment with a red pen and scan it back to him. 

Edited by HSlim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HSlim said:

Fair enough.  Didn't Strom Thurmond stay in there until he was 100?   That should have never been allowed to happen. 

Term limits would have stopped him.  

There are many extremely smart people in their 80's, I'd never restrict someone based on age (sex or race as well).

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pelosi is trying to destroy the free press! Democracy dies in darkness!!!!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

I agree with this.

 

Term limits are needed. And the limits need to be SHORT. But, when people are in charge of approving their own job status....nobody ever gets fired. 

And the civil service (or whatever it’s called in America, the behind the scene bureaucrats) need term limits as well. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.