Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden administration ignored Pentagon concerns with Chinese drone purchase

OverSword

Wow.  With all the drone manufacturers in the USA, the White House purchases Chinese drones against the advice of the Pentagon.  Seems he doesn't pay much attention to anything they say, eh?

The Biden administration ignored an explicit warning from the Pentagon about “cybersecurity concerns” tied to Chinese-made drones and drone parts, proceeding with the purchase of such materials from a top Chinese company that the Trump administration blacklisted for national security reasons.

A review of internal government procurement documents by The Washington Times found that the Secret Service went ahead with buying eight commercial surveillance drones manufactured by the Chinese drone-making giant Da Jiang Innovations (DJI) after the Pentagon issued its warning in July.

The Secret Service has declined to comment on the purchases, but the contract has triggered mounting scrutiny from Republican lawmakers over the extent to which the agency has run afoul of restrictions on U.S. government use of equipment from certain Chinese companies — even if that equipment is available for purchase by U.S. citizens via e-commerce companies such as Amazon.

Link

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

A little something about Amazon. I worked at an Amazon facility last winter during the shutdowns. We were still receiving packages from Wuhan China during this time. I thought it was strange because I thought there would be some kind of ban on it. Some of the Chinese packages come with dead hornets as well.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Green Lion said:

A little something about Amazon. I worked at an Amazon facility last winter during the shutdowns. We were still receiving packages from Wuhan China during this time. I thought it was strange because I thought there would be some kind of ban on it. Some of the Chinese packages come with dead hornets as well.

Murder hornets?

talks the tough talk to the press in order to impress the rubes, but behind the scenes simpers to Emperor Xi and goes on feathering the coffers of the CCP. 
What a stunning surprise. I’ve no doubt Scotty from Marketing is doing exactly the same. 

• Like 3

Cool down, you paranoids because its getting ridiculous.

As written in the article, the Secret Service has bought eight drones. Eight. The reason for the buy is pretty simple: analysis of the software for the purpose to check if these products contain anything capable and related to espionage.

A lot of you Americans are really paranoid by genetic design but treatments are possible, pls google : psychologists near me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

It almost seems  like the china is behind this whole American liberalism thing, and destruction of America as we know it that follows, the question is what vision for America new administration has, i'm not saying it is biden's administration, since he is the last person in charge of anything now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, toast said:

As written in the article, the Secret Service has bought eight drones. Eight. The reason for the buy is pretty simple: analysis of the software for the purpose to check if these products contain anything capable and related to espionage.

A lot of you Americans are really paranoid by genetic design but treatments are possible, pls google : psychologists near me.

The Naza 2 controller is purchased for installation in home made drones too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, toast said:

The job of the secret service is to protect the president.  The job you describe would be done by the NSA.  

I still would like to know why the US government is not purchasing drones from US companies?  I know for a fact that some of the best personal and commercial drones are manufactured in this state.  If the concern is cost then WTF are you trying to spend $3trillion on infrastructure while not giving work to American companies?  Idiots.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, OverSword said:

Wow.  With all the drone manufacturers in the USA, the White House purchases Chinese drones against the advice of the Pentagon.  Seems he doesn't pay much attention to anything they say, eh?

Maybe the complaining  is a front.  We might take them apart and examine the technology to see if they are stealing our patented stuff.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

I still would like to know why the US government is not purchasing drones from US companies?

I imagine they are. Unless you expect the 8 purchased from China to be sufficient?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

About time America buy some trains and see who is stealing American patented train technology... 

Compare+Trains+from+Around+the+world2013

~

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, toast said:

i'm sure atf's fast and furious was also for just that, educational purposes, lol 

A lot of you Germans do not see the real reason, the big picture,  and this case is not an exception, it is about where money "we' borrowed is spent. it would not be any different if it was a German company.  the point is it was not a usa company

but you actually make a lot of sense, lol,  Secret Service openly buys some drones to look for a spy tech, and you know about it, press knows about, the company that sold drone, i'm sure knows that too, so what exact do you think SS was sold as drones for taking them apart and looking or spy gear??  LOL do you actually consider this as a possibility? lol.   and they said Germans have no sense of humor, lol

Edited by aztek

2 hours ago, aztek said:

A lot of you Germans do not see the real reason, the big picture,  and this case is not an exception, it is about where money "we' borrowed is spent. it would not be any different if it was a German company.  the point is it was not a usa company

You are right somehow as we do have some paranoids here as well but they are in the minority. The fun fact over there is that some of you freak out because a government agency has spent some lousy thousands of dollars for whatever reasons but on the other side keep cool knowing about the US defense budget of 738B (2020).

but you actually make a lot of sense, lol,  Secret Service openly buys some drones to look for a spy tech, and you know about it, press knows about, the company that sold drone, i'm sure knows that too, so what exact do you think SS was sold as drones for taking them apart and looking or spy gear??  LOL do you actually consider this as a possibility? lol.   

Its an option that must be taken into consideration if it cannot be excluded. Can you exclude it for 100%? Go ahead.

and they said Germans have no sense of humor, lol

"They" can eat my a°°.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Maybe the complaining  is a front.  We might take them apart and examine the technology to see if they are stealing our patented stuff.  

That would be the place of the patent holders, not the secret service.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

That would be the place of the patent holders, not the secret service.

Patent is entirely the wrong word I agree..   Patents are a give away, with blueprints and enough pages of instructions to demonstrate the ingenuity of the idea.  My experience with a defense related industry is that what we developed in conjunction with the military was kept secret, not patented.   If a foreign power took military secrets and even a decade later released them in a public form, it would be nice to know and maybe track the leaks.

The  real point is ANGER.  We take a snippet of news, not just this time, but nearly every time, that has implications we do not know, twist it and find a way to stoke anger and division.  And that becomes the point. Anger fuel does not even need to be true or accurate.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Myles said:

Idiot biden at it again.

Or, the Secret Service is doing what other Government Departments have already done.