Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dean Cain: Superman Coming Out as Bisexual ‘Isn’t Brave

el midgetron

36 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

Well technically, Superman is an alien  from the planet Krypton, so surely this argument should be more about interspecies relations right?

Technically, I suppose. His kid is half human (I assume) so he's bi but only half alien, so only half as interspecies? Dunno. Nobody b****es about alien man with human woman, but bring in gay and certain peoples underwear gets in a knot.

But, since the kid exists in the first place, the interspecies bit doesn't really fly as the DNA is obviously compatible (unless there was some comic weirdness involved in his conception I don't know about).

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• This topic was locked and unlocked
6 hours ago, el midgetron said:

Yeah, that’s sort of the point of the article. Homosexuals have equality are not oppressed. They are in every show, “pride” flags adorn all the major product labels, the MSM and Government agencies celebrates pride. Kids in 1st grade are taught about homosexuals. Homosexuality is a selling point, a point of political virtue. Homosexuality enjoys the full support of the cultural establishment.  

There have already been numerous gay superhero’s but this is supposed to be “brave”? 

Well the character is bi, not gay so apparently there's still some work to be done around educating people.

You, specifically.

• Confused 1

I really think we as a society have become so fixated on sex.  Children shouldn't have to worry about choosing genders, they should just be kids.   If a boy wants to dress in a pink princess dress whole playing with trucks, who cares?  Let them have freedom to be who they are.  I accept people as they are.  If a female looking person walks up and wants to he known as he, I will ensure i use their name in stead of he/she/they so that I don't forget.  You are Pan/Bi/straight/Gay...I don't care.  It will not change how I see you and interact with you.  We should all just be able to be ourselves without labeling 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, moonman said:

Technically, I suppose. His kid is half human (I assume) so he's bi but only half alien, so only half as interspecies? Dunno. Nobody b****es about alien man with human woman, but bring in gay and certain peoples underwear gets in a knot.

But, since the kid exists in the first place, the interspecies bit doesn't really fly as the DNA is obviously compatible (unless there was some comic weirdness involved in his conception I don't know about).

FWIW I seem to recall the only “weirdness” involved in his birth is Clark and Lois going off world to a world with a red sun so Clark loses all his Superman-ness. It’s also why it took Jon so long to evidence powers (he was nearly ten before he started flying etc). 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Gays have had their right to marry guaranteed in the US for less than a decade.  But maybe as soon as that decision was handed down that instantly ended all oppression of them or something in your eyes... :rolleyes:

No, absolutely not. They are still persecuted and killed in several Islamic theocracies. Not that you would care, being you are to busy crying about the US only having same sex marriage for less than a decade (oh the humanity). 

Why is it that the left believes that America is this repressive place where homosexuals are oppressed? But they could careless about actual persecution and oppression homosexuals face? How pompous do liberals have to be to obsess over the decorations on a cake while homosexuals are being thrown off buildings? Is that when liberals are finally tolerant? When it comes to brown skinned religious zealots who murder homosexuals? In comparison, in the oppressive-US barely criticizing homosexual culture permeating everything gets you lectured about being intolerant.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, el midgetron said:

No, absolutely not. They are still persecuted and killed in several Islamic theocracies. Not that you would care, being you are to busy crying about the US only having same sex marriage for less than a decade (oh the humanity). 

Why is it that the left believes that America is this repressive place where homosexuals are oppressed? But they could careless about actual persecution and oppression homosexuals face? How pompous do liberals have to be to obsess over the decorations on a cake while homosexuals are being thrown off buildings? Is that when liberals are finally tolerant? When it comes to brown skinned religious zealots who murder homosexuals? In comparison, in the oppressive-US barely criticizing homosexual culture permeating everything gets you lectured about being intolerant.

Maybe he’s following Jesus’ advice about getting his own house in order, and addressing the log in his eye?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Maybe he’s following Jesus’ advice about getting his own house in order, and addressing the log in his eye?

Oh, you mean Gay-Jesus?
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2012/apr/20/was-jesus-gay-probably

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-51058029

Edited by el midgetron
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, el midgetron said:

I particularly like the part where he called any relationship betwixt Jesus and Mary Magdalene as baseless and fictional, and then goes on to say Jesus was totes gay. 

36 minutes ago, Setton said:

Well the character is bi, not gay so apparently there's still some work to be done around educating people.

You, specifically.

Oh, he’s “bi”? oh, crap never mind then. That changes everything, 

You get a trophy for the gratuitous display of wokeness. 

Go forth and make it your mission to educate the unwashed heathens about the sexuality of comic book characters. 

27 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

I think you missed the point, same sex marriage in the US is just an example.  But maybe I misread you, to me your statement 'Homosexuals have equality not oppressed' is contradicted by 'they are still persecuted and killed in some countries'.  If you are just referring to the US, just because gays get thrown off buildings in some place doesn't mean that denying them marriage and employment rights isn't 'oppression'.  I'm glad you seem to agree that just because they finally have equality under the law it does not mean that they are no longer oppressed automatically.

31 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

How pompous do liberals have to be to obsess over the decorations on a cake while homosexuals are being thrown off buildings?

Almost everyone, liberals included I'm pretty sure, are capable of doing multiple things at the same time.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Hmm, I think I missed where the log was.

1 hour ago, Setton said:

You, specifically.

So you have a problem with Bisexuals?  Last time I checked it was part of the alternate sexual acronym too.

56 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

I really think we as a society have become so fixated on sex.  Children shouldn't have to worry about choosing genders, they should just be kids.   If a boy wants to dress in a pink princess dress whole playing with trucks, who cares?  Let them have freedom to be who they are.  I accept people as they are.  If a female looking person walks up and wants to he known as he, I will ensure i use their name in stead of he/she/they so that I don't forget.  You are Pan/Bi/straight/Gay...I don't care.  It will not change how I see you and interact with you.  We should all just be able to be ourselves without labeling 

that is the issue,  boys normally do not wear dresses when playing with trucks, unless adults tell them it is a cool thing to do, and they should try it, i never had that urge as a kid, to wear a dress, nor any boy i used to hang out with. At the age of 5-10 y.o.  you can tell kids anything, and they usually believe it.  hell they can be told to  eat tide pods and they wont question. and that is exactly what liberals are doing in schools, brainwashing boys it is ok to wear a dress, go into girls bathrooms,.......

7 hours ago, el midgetron said:

Thank you for immediately proving my point about tolerance. 

I didn't prove your point. You proved mine.

Edited by Kittens Are Jerks
Corrected typo.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, glorybebe said:

Exactly. World would be a much better place if everyone thought as you do.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, OverSword said:

So you have a problem with Bisexuals? 

Where on earth did you get that from?

Last time I checked it was part of the alternate sexual acronym too.

Well duh. 

It is not the same as gay though. @el midgetron's ignorance shows the necessity of having bi characters in the public eye.

1 hour ago, el midgetron said:

Oh, he’s “bi”? oh, crap never mind then. That changes everything, 

The very fact that you needed that explaining and put it in quotes shows exactly why there is a need for more awareness of bisexuality. 

Something fictional characters can achieve.

You get a trophy for the gratuitous display of wokeness. 

Go forth and make it your mission to educate the unwashed heathens about the sexuality of comic book characters. 

For "gratuitous display of wokeness" read "correcting an ignorant bigot who's unwilling to learn".

2 minutes ago, Setton said:

Where on earth did you get that from?

You, specifically.

It seemed like you were minimizing Bi, like this isn't really some kind of leap taken because he's not really gay.

16 minutes ago, OverSword said:

It seemed like you were minimizing Bi, like this isn't really some kind of leap taken because he's not really gay.

You need to work on your comprehension then. There is nothing in my post to suggest what you took from it.

1 hour ago, Setton said:

The very fact that you needed that explaining and put it in quotes shows exactly why there is a need for more awareness of bisexuality. 

Something fictional characters can achieve.

For "gratuitous display of wokeness" read "correcting an ignorant bigot who's unwilling to learn".

Yeah, I’m an ignorant bigot. At least according to you. And my sin against the theocratic LGBT authority? I said Superman was gay, not bi. Well, at least I would be accurate 50% of the time….. 

Quite the drama queen over a mistake, 

Guardian of the gays... 

63db09efae2e81dc440f5181a8d87dfc.gif

~

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, el midgetron said:

His son is the new Superman. His son is Superman.
9CB5C429-811B-4052-8D18-B5AE01511475.jpeg.e7f5f3542a150ef8fde916790a4e3abc.jpeg

So the headlines were incorect. We got used to Supersenior. Superjunior is a new character and he can be whatever he wants or feels to be. No problem there with his sexuality in my opinion.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, odas said:

So the headlines were incorect. We got used to Supersenior. Superjunior is a new character and he can be whatever he wants or feels to be. No problem there with his sexuality in my opinion.

What headlines? The title of this thread and the headline of the article in the OP are correct, 

The original Superman has apparently passed the torch to his son. At least that’s what I understand. Therefore his son is the new Superman. His son is Superman,

6 hours ago, el midgetron said:

Yeah, I’m an ignorant bigot. At least according to you. And my sin against the theocratic LGBT authority? I said Superman was gay, not bi. Well, at least I would be accurate 50% of the time….. 

Still not accurate...

• The topic was locked