Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

G1 Thermal Anomaly Hoax?

Thanos5150

Giza-Pyramid-Scan.jpg

There are some things that have always been off to me about this.

First would be the vertical block which was installed in modern times. On G1 and G2 there can be seen several vertical blocks which according to Jon Bodsworth were repairs carried out by the Egyptian Army if I recall in the 1960's. This vertical block being a modern repair at least is confirmed by Hawass:

The surface of the east side of the Pyramid of Khufu was once covered with stone rubble and sand. Jean-Philippe Laure and Abdel-Salam Hussein were among those who cleared the surface of the east side.

After this process was completed, all the stones were shown clearly and it could be noticed that there were fragile stones on the east and south side of the pyramid. Among these fragile stones, were the four pieces that flanked the vertical big stone that were highlighted by the infrared thermography analysis shown at the press conference.

The modern restorer placed this vertical stone to support the four fragile stones and used cement in the restoration. Anyone can see that this stone is not similar to the stones used in the construction of the Great Pyramid. We know that all the stones for the building came from quarries on the Giza Plateau, and the location of the quarry that provided the building material was to the south of the Pyramid and to the east of Khafre’s Pyramid.

[Emphasis mine.]

What can be clearly seen is that the core blocks in this area were hacked away at some point after the casing was removed, maybe even partly modern times, to further reveal this space. Laure and Hussein after clearing this area would have seen this for what it was before it was repaired in modern times as would the countless others who studied G1 between the time this was revealed and when it was repaired, perhaps decades later. Back to this in a minute*.

To continue with Hawass:

The restorers at the Giza Plateau used cement in the restoration of the vertical stone and it is easy to distinguish between the modern and ancient mortar. Mamdouh Eldamaty said at the conference that a passage had been cut in the rock located directly in front of the three stones, but this is not a passage or a tunnel. Rather, it is a natural crack in the rock that can be seen by the naked eye.

There is another important point that many people do not know about. The base of the Great Pyramid is cut some eight metres into the rock, and this can be seen clearly on the south side of the pyramid. It would be impossible to see a room or tunnel in this location near to the rock.

If this room exists, it would have to have a function, and since this is not the case the claim cannot be valid.

According to Hawass this "anomaly" is a natural crack in the bedrock which he says can actually be seen with the naked eye. Also, the two large blocks in red, nearly the entire "anomaly", appear as one mass: 

hqdefault.jpg

Which if we look here:

7_DSC_8862-300x199.jpg

LARGE.

We can see not only are there no joints between these blocks but also the blocks directly to the right of the vertical block, the last bit of the red in the thermal scan, there is also no joint between them and the two "blocks" noted above giving the clear impression the entire thermal anomaly is one mass. This is a close up of the area directly behind Hawass's shoulders which we can also see no joints between any of the blocks:

2poU6mB.jpg 

Another rub is if you look at the corner of the block directly behind Hawass's head you can see exposed modern cement, just like the vertical cement block, running right along nearly this entire section of corner where the modern stucco repairs have flaked off. All told it appears this entire "thermal anomaly" is nothing more than bedrock and modern repairs with a natural fissure behind them.  

* When this was uncovered by Laure and Hussein, decades before modern repairs, it would have been obvious to them and to the countless others that something was different about this area. If there was something actually there someone would have at least made note of it before modern repairs were made. There would be no politics in the early/mid 20th century from stopping anyone who saw it from digging right in and seeing if anything was there which stands to reason given no one has ever said a word of it nothing was found and the area was unceremoniously repaired.

So what are we looking at here-if this is a chamber then this area would be the "door" except there is no lintel, jamb, or frame. Instead it was stuffed with relatively smaller horizontal blocks in ancient times directly next to a large section of cut bedrock/hill which also extends behind this whole section. This area when revealed in the early/mid 20th century, it's discovers and/or those that came after would have had no compunction about removing these blocks to see if there was something behind it which would have made their careers. But instead they just ignored it and left it be only to be fixed up decades later by the Egyptian ACE.

I have a different scenario-there is no "chamber" and this "anomaly", in part, is exactly what Hawass says it is. This is an area cut from the hill which the section the horizontal blocks are now located (and behind it) became unstable at some point during or sometime after construction requiring repairs which is exactly what these horizontal blocks look like and not to hide some "secret chamber". These "hotspots", that all happen to be concentrated right in this area, are just a void created from deteriorating fissures of the bedrock hill of which these vertical "blocks" and "core block" I have noted appear to be carved from. 

G1 exposed carved bedrock:

11-great_pyramid_04.png

The northeast corner of G1 is also carved from the natural hill which can be seen several vertical modern repair blocks:

_DSC3008-Pyramid-web-L.jpg

Compare to this 19th century photo of the same area:

W442a124987e44d59f3a9ab67b01fca2f.jpg

Also HERE. 

Which can also also see another magical "secret chamber" which apparently no one cares about. Almost certainly the same kind of hollow shows in the "thermal anomaly". 

The other part of this are the modern repairs which all told correspond exactly with what is seen in the thermal anomaly. 

I see two reasons why no new word has come of this "discovery" in over 5yrs, which I doubt we will ever hear of it again from this group. One is that they did not understand the archaeology behind it and were oblivious to the existence of these modern repairs. It is only after the fact they have learned in reality there is no "anomaly" here after all, just the temperature differential of the material of modern cement stucco and a natural fissure in the bedrock behind this area. Not wanting to look like fools, and successfully showing proof of concept for the technology regardless, they are mum. Or two, maybe they did know all along that there was nothing and made a big deal of it anyways to make it seem like something sensational was there to drum up interest for more funding.

Lee Anderson

Edited by Thanos5150
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

...just the temperature differential of the material of modern cement stucco and a natural fissure in the bedrock behind this area.

What do you believe causes this temperature differential?  

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, cladking said:

What do you believe causes this temperature differential?  

So, Cladking making believe all this hasn't been hashed out before huh?

You think going over and over it again and again will end this time with something supporting your claims?

Giza-Pyramid-Scan.jpg

Wow look at that massive difference in heat...lol what an entire degree and a half. Almost 2.7 F!!!!

As you already know the scientific factor that determines the different retention of heat in stone and stone like materials is... specific heat capacity. The energy density of stone is the specific heat multiplied by its density on a unit basis. You already know this so why are you pretending you don't?

What a complete fraud. You are pretending you don't already know the answers.............pathetic and boring, your same old routine of going over the same material endlessly.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thanos5150 said:

Giza-Pyramid-Scan.jpg

There are some things that have always been off to me about this.

The sun shines from the left on the surfaces at right angles to it, so these surfaces absorb more heat, which increases the difference in surface temperature between all the surfaces seen on the image.

Case closed.

• Like 5

The sun shines from the left on the surfaces at right angles to it, so these surfaces absorb more heat, which increases the difference in surface temperature between all the surfaces seen on the image.

Case closed.

Nice theory but it is full of holes.  

Specifically the sun shines from the right of these photos half the year and even more importantly the angle at which the sun shines is almost irrelevant to their temperature.  Simply stated the amount they heat up is determined primarily to their color and their initial temperature.  Any stone that starts 10 degrees warmer and is the same color will warm up to about 10 degrees warmer.  Indeed, since these stones are recessed and receive less direct sunlight every single day of the year  they would be expected to be a little tiny bit cooler, not hotter.  Stone and concrete are very similar and the lighter colored concrete will generally be cooler not hotter.  Instead of a cold spot here it is hot And this heat persists throughout the day per Hawass proving the heat is coming from behind. 

So when is an anomaly not an anomaly?   

All the surfaces are at the same angle to the sun.  They all are oriented north and south.  They should all be about the same temperature all day long just like every other spot on the 40 acres of surface but instead there are hot spots subtle and gross all over it.

Edited by cladking
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, toast said:

Case closed.

Sweet Christmas. You could have saved us all so much trouble.  

....You do understand this would apply to all the blocks right? 

Giza-Pyramid-Scan.jpg

Thermal-Imaging-pyramids.jpg

1ugojmflekfs7kfggdm08ucf2l.jpg

Edited by Thanos5150

4 hours ago, cladking said:

Deleted goofy stuff

As noted before since you like to make claims but not actually show any evidence that what you say is true and are a well-know serial prevaricator - your claims as presented with no evidence are dismissed - again.

Making stuff up never works yet after 16+ years you STILL haven't learned your lesson....lol.

How many times have you made the same claims before?

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/14/2021 at 1:05 AM, toast said:

Case closed.

I can certainly understand someone coming to this conclusion, and considered it myself. But, how to explain the chair shaped stone, which should absorb more sunlight than most others.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Gaden said:

I can certainly understand someone coming to this conclusion, and considered it myself. But, how to explain the chair shaped stone, which should absorb more sunlight than most others.

It is believed that the upright 'stone' is a modern reinforcement piece made of concrete. Concrete and limestone have different densities and retain heat at different rates.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

On 10/14/2021 at 5:52 PM, Thanos5150 said:

Sweet Christmas. You could have saved us all so much trouble.  

....You do understand this would apply to all the blocks right? 

Giza-Pyramid-Scan.jpg

It looks as though the 'red' blocks are made of a different material.

And... they appear to be one layer deeper than the other blocks.

The 'chair like' block is damaged, maybe a reason it also shows up in red/yellow.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

The 'chair like' block is damaged

You mean the damaged name of Osiris, kept secret for thousands of years until all this new fangled magic revealed it :)

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Wepwawet said:

Egyptian_-_Pectoral_with_Scarab_-_Walter

Ah, yes, now I understand...

An eye, a ladder, and a guy staring to the ladder.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Throne and eye which together read as Wesir, the Egyptian name for Osiris. The seated figure is just the determinative to show this is a god.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Wepwawet said:

You mean the damaged name of Osiris, kept secret for thousands of years until all this new fangled magic revealed it :)

You were able to see hieroglyphs on that damaged rock??

Edited by Abramelin

4 hours ago, Abramelin said:

If one can see "heat leaking out", then another can very well see hieroglyphs.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Trelane said:

I see dead people. 

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Trelane said:

As everyone know heat doesn't leak it either spews, romps, embarks, comes hither or investigates tenaciously which usually means it uses conduction.

'Leaking' only occurs in rare occurrences where goofy and and clown science meet.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Abramelin said:

It was a humerous post. The heat pattern suggested the throne of Osiris, and there is woo attached to Osiris and G1, so my post could have been read several ways, but here I am having to explain something that should not need explaining on this or any other forum where Egypt collides with woo. But, maybe I've planted the seed of an idea so that folks can join up the dots. There, more humour.

Edited by Wepwawet
  • Like 5

On 10/15/2021 at 10:31 AM, Hanslune said:

It is believed that the upright 'stone' is a modern reinforcement piece made of concrete. Concrete and limestone have different densities and retain heat at different rates.

Yeah. It says it right there in the OP. And no, it is not a "belief". 

On 10/16/2021 at 1:10 PM, Abramelin said:

It looks as though the 'red' blocks are made of a different material.

And... they appear to be one layer deeper than the other blocks.

The 'chair like' block is damaged, maybe a reason it also shows up in red/yellow.

If you read the OP, its main component, it goes into detail with pictures about these blocks and their composition either as bedrock and/or modern concrete and plaster repairs. 

On 10/15/2021 at 9:34 AM, Gaden said:

You can understand sunlight hitting all of these tens of thousands of stones from a certain angle under the same exact conditions yet miraculously only happen to only heat up entire blocks in this one small section? Which there just so happens to be a natural fissure in the bedrock directly behind it in which these blocks just so happen to make up a section of modern repairs covering this very area?  Regardless, hence why to the person who first said this I gave these pictures: 

Apparently you missed those. And the entire OP. 

There is no "chair shaped stone", which the OP goes into detail about the fact it is part of a single larger mass of blocks that are either bedrock and/or modern repairs, and of course would not receive any more or less sunlight that any other block.

You either totally missed the point, or you only saw what you wanted to and assumed the rest. "I can certainly understand someone coming to this conclusion" Means just that, it doesn't mean I agree with it.

CHAIR.jpg.ec03d14efa85a309f841e20424cc7310.jpg

If you do not think this stone is chair shaped, so be it, but I think it is. If you notice, it is more exposed to the sunlight than the other stones, and when Toast said "The sun shines from the left on the surfaces at right angles to it, so these surfaces absorb more heat, which increases the difference in surface temperature between all the surfaces seen on the image." I was simply pointing out that if he was correct, then this (chair shaped stone) would have shown up more brightly than the stones in the pic that are exhibiting higher heat, but, it doesn't, so that supports YOUR position. (But, how to explain the chair shaped stone, which should absorb more sunlight than most others.) Notice the words, 'but' and 'should'. My apologies for upsetting you so.

Edited by Gaden
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Gaden said:

You either totally missed the point, [snip]

Not the point but the wrong chair. Apologies. I take responsibility but I am still going to blame it on Cladking. His mere existence makes one dumber. 

But regardless of the wrong "chair", the rest still applies:

You can understand sunlight hitting all of these tens of thousands of stones from a certain angle under the same exact conditions yet miraculously only happen to only heat up entire blocks in this one small section? Which there just so happens to be a natural fissure in the bedrock directly behind it in which these blocks just so happen to make up a section of modern repairs covering this very area?  Regardless, hence why to the person who first said this I gave these pictures: 

Edited by Thanos5150
  • Haha 1

On 10/19/2021 at 10:40 AM, Gaden said:

You either totally missed the point, or you only saw what you wanted to and assumed the rest. "I can certainly understand someone coming to this conclusion" Means just that, it doesn't mean I agree with it.

CHAIR.jpg.ec03d14efa85a309f841e20424cc7310.jpg

If you do not think this stone is chair shaped, so be it, but I think it is. If you notice, it is more exposed to the sunlight than the other stones, and when Toast said "The sun shines from the left on the surfaces at right angles to it, so these surfaces absorb more heat, which increases the difference in surface temperature between all the surfaces seen on the image." I was simply pointing out that if he was correct, then this (chair shaped stone) would have shown up more brightly than the stones in the pic that are exhibiting higher heat, but, it doesn't, so that supports YOUR position. (But, how to explain the chair shaped stone, which should absorb more sunlight than most others.) Notice the words, 'but' and 'should'. My apologies for upsetting you so.

Why should it absorb more? The other stones aren't in shadow, they're all exposed to the sun. Sunlight isn't like a flashlight that would focus on such a small section. An easy experiment to answer the question would be to place some rocks in the same pattern. I'd bet all the rocks would heat the same, unless they're different rocks. I don't think we need Hanslune's equation, our hands would probably barely detect the 7° F difference in temp between the chair and the so-called hot stones. But overall the hottest temp in the scan appears to be 84°F which isn't hot at all. And as I understand it, they took two sets of readings, one just after sunrise and another before sunset. Why I don't know.

I think Hawass & Co. made a big deal out of it for publicity. 

• Like 1

• The topic was locked