Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Joe Rogan Schools CNN's Sanjay Gupta Over Vaccinating Children

el midgetron

In the interests of a fair topic and looking at it from both sides, here's the highlights of Sanjay's take:

{Joe} will be the first to point out that he is not a doctor or a scientist who has studied these topics. Instead, he seems to see himself less a rapscallion and more of a sort of guardian of the galaxy, pointing out the missteps made by large institutions such as the government and mainstream medicine, and then wondering aloud if they can still be trusted to make recommendations or even mandates for the rest of us. To many, he represents a queen bee in a hive mind, advancing free will and personal liberty above all else.

I asked {Joe}: Is it not possible to advocate strongly for personal freedoms, but also recognize the unique threat a highly contagious disease represents? He seemed to agree, but then quickly countered with a common misconception about the overall utility of the vaccines.
If vaccinated people transmit just as much as the unvaccinated, why are they really necessary?
I admitted that the vaccinated could still carry the virus at similar loads as the unvaccinated, but swiftly added -- before he could claim victory -- that there was more to the story.  I shared data with Joe showing the vaccinated were eight times less likely to become infected in the first place, and that their viral loads came down more rapidly if they did get infected -- making them contagious for a shorter period and less likely to spread the virus.
Vaccines are not perfect, but he had to agree they are certainly a worthy tool to help control the spread of the virus. And, they are particularly effective at keeping people from getting severely ill or dying.
So, it turns out that Joe Rogan nearly got vaccinated. That was a headline. It was a few months ago when he was in Las Vegas. He had an appointment scheduled but had logistical hurdles and couldn't make it. He offered up this story as proof he is not necessarily "anti-vaccine," even if he does consistently raise issues questioning their legitimacy.
It's this sort of back and forth that makes it hard to pin Joe Rogan down, both in martial arts and a podcast interview.
For example: Even as he sometimes railed against masks, "The Joe Rogan Experience" masks emblazoned with his logo are available for sale on his website. I even bought one ahead of time and gave it to him as a gift. He looked surprised. (Incidentally, they are made in China.)
Despite a downplaying of Covid risks often heard on Joe's podcast, his private studio prioritizes safety. A nurse was present to perform a rapid Covid test before we began. We were even checked for the presence of antibodies with a finger prick blood test.
Both of us carried antibodies -- his from natural immunity, mine from the vaccine. I was vaccinated in December of last year and Rogan contracted Covid at the end of August.
So the question Joe raises, as do many others: Why should those who have previously had Covid still get the vaccine?
It's a fair question, and one that I raised myself with Dr. Anthony Fauci back in early September. At the time, he told me there was no firm answer on this, and they were still looking into what the recommendations should be going forward and how durable natural immunity is in the long run.
..when Joe pushed hard on the risk of myocarditis in kids who receive the vaccine, especially young boys, I countered back equally hard that the risk of myocarditis has been shown to be much higher for infected children under 16 years old compared to their uninfected peers. Those numbers dwarf the risk of myocarditis in kids who receive the vaccine (and, to be sure, most cases of myocarditis can be treated without hospitalization). For me, the risk-benefit analysis is clear: Vaccination is safer than infection.

from here..

Feel free to post a similar summary from the Rogan viewpoint, or to post debate / discussion on the points made above...

Happy to help!

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

FREE! on spotify! 

Love you bee'at'cheezes... !

~

• Like 1

And it's also interesting to note that Joe Rogan believes a lot of people should get vaccinated at 1:20 in this full CNN interview version.

Watch Dr. Sanjay Gupta go one-on-one with podcaster Joe Rogan

However, like the Infowars version, CNN is obviously showing the few selected parts of the entire interview they want us to see.

Edited by Katniss
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

As always the truth is often complex, and somewhere between the two angrily divided sides.

Joe Rogan was also a firm believer that we never got to the moon in 1969, but seems to have relented on that one.  However, his opinions sway like a tall thin tree in a tornado.  Whatever gives him publicity is his guiding beacon of 'truth'....

• Like 3

14 hours ago, third_eye said:

FREE! on spotify! 

Love you bee'at'cheezes... !

~

hello freak beaches... 

you know what? I have a soft spot in my heart for Joe, and it doesn't matter that we kinda look alike except I don't have lots of money. he has lots of interesting guests you barely see anywhere else 

but I'm not sure a podcast host should be taken at his word for medical advice 

Edited by HandsomeGorilla
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

but I'm not sure a podcast host should be taken at his word for medical advice 

Don't fret for Joe, he's still calling his own shots and doobs 

He's just a guy you have a chat with, and yeah, I have a soft spot for the numb skull too... He does have a lot of interesting people on his podcast but more interestingly, a lot of them are not only guests, but his friends... 

~

• The title was changed to Joe Rogan Schools CNN's Sanjay Gupta Over Vaccinating Children
23 hours ago, third_eye said:

Don't fret for Joe, he's still calling his own shots and doobs 

He's just a guy you have a chat with, and yeah, I have a soft spot for the numb skull too... He does have a lot of interesting people on his podcast but more interestingly, a lot of them are not only guests, but his friends... 

~

"hey bro, ever tried Joe Rogan?" 

- Dimethyltryptamine, 2021

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, acidhead said:

FB_IMG_1634432128078.jpg

I swear that is the funniest thing I've seen in MONTHS!!!!  :w00t: :rofl:

On 10/14/2021 at 3:41 PM, el midgetron said:

Rogan makes a good point. The world has gone vaccine mad.

He also reamed him about the "horse dewormer" propaganda/lies they told. Though it's difficult to find it on you tube now, the vids all seem to disappear, being replaced with heavily edited ones from CNN and so on. In fairness the FDA is also spreading propaganda about this. Yet not a "fact checker" to be seen.

Here's everyone's other favourite comedian (Jimmy Dore) with the relevant part, along with some commentary.

• Like 4

Rogan lost me when he went to Spotify. He sold his audience out.

Also, money has destroyed his fun loving, free wielding attitude.

On 10/14/2021 at 1:41 PM, el midgetron said:

Joe Rogan is a uneducated mouth piece for the those continuing to weaponize the Covid19 Pandemic. He is another Non-patriot who would rather see Americans die if it suits his Political Agenda. While I truly believe it's everyone's choice to get vaccinated or not those who push the Antivax agenda are criminals and those who follow these uneducated fools pushing this non-sense publicly are sad.

In reality the statistics bear the situation out between June and September 2021, 90,000 unvaccinated Americans died directly from or from complications of SARS-Cov-2 and the resulting infection COVID 19. That's a huge number of Americans who have been lead by those like Joe Rogan to their deaths, there is nothing funny or cute about this it's actually as sad as it can get. Whether you decide to get vaccinated or not everyone should feel sorry for these needless deaths. :(

JIMO