Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Customer's outrage over £37,000 bill

itsnotoutthere

A Londoner who reportedly splashed out on £37,000-worth of food and drink at Salt Bae'restaurant in Knightsbridge was left outraged when the bill arrived.

The meal for four people cost an eye-watering £37,023.10 in total, with a receipt shared to Snapchat showing the full expense of their indulgence, according to MyLondon.

The guests had visited the first UK steak house by chef Nusret Gökçe on Friday, October 8 - Nusr-Et - which has been widely talked about since it opened last month.

0_THP_CHP_131021Slug_6595JPG.jpg.a92c2ffc3ac635e0ccd475614b1d60b4.jpg     

£11.00 for a can of Red Bull & £18 for still water......:lol: SUCKERS.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/diners-spend-37000-steak-wine-25208326

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

:unsure: Didn't any of the diners look at the menu prices at any point? :hmm:

• Like 4

Heck you can buy a side of beef for the price of that steak. And in some places the whole steer.

• Like 2

Service charge .....£4829.10  :w00t:

I'd want some serious service for that. I'd demand to sleep with the owners wife at the very least.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Haha 7

26 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

I'd want some serious service for that. I'd demand to sleep with the owners wife at the very least.

I'd suggest scouting that out first...  In some cases, I'd pay to avoid it.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, itsnotoutthere said:

The funniest thing I've read today!

• Like 2

Steak covered in 24k gold leaf is just adding gold to up the expense factor, and that happens a lot with places trying for expensive food adding gold for no reason than $$$. Salt Bae also adds gold leaf to the baklava and they even add it to the burgers and shakes at their burger joint. Pointless extra just for the sake of spending more. They had five bottles of wine amongst the four of them, to the cost of a bit over 30,000- their food bill was around 1,500, even with all that gold leaf food. The red bull and water not surprising, one can find that price point at some places in big cities in the U.S.. It's even a pretty fair price on the Petrus, Petrus is a very exclusive and expensive wine. 

• Like 2

Who spends £10,000 on a bottle of champagne and then adds a red bull to it? :o 

Clearly the lower classes have far too much money ..... :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Essan said:

Who spends £10,000 on a bottle of champagne and then adds a red bull to it? :o 

Clearly the lower classes have far too much money ..... :P

The champagne was only 810 a bottle. The wine was the expensive stuff.

• Like 1

You pay those prices to insure you won't be eating with 'regular folks'.

And typically restaurants of that caliber do not list prices on the menu.  If you have to ask, you're uninvited.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Nusr-Et London menu isn't online yet, but the New York one is. Nusr-Et does seem to put prices on their menus, possibly in part to drive home the overpriced action the guy who owns the chain wants to promote as a "social influencer". Seems the point of eateries like this isn't in the unspoken, it's in the flaunted. Social media nouveau riche kind of action.

The food is expensive, but as usual in restaurants the drinks are even pricier. Cocktails can run 28-150 bucks a pop, and their more expensive bottle of Petrus is $14,500 a bottle. That's about 10,600 pounds at the current exchange rate. https://www.opentable.com/r/nusr-et-steakhouse-new-york

On a different but slightly related topic (for those who remember it!!!).

This is why MPs need a pay rise. Its not enough having power, they need to know they are above the peasantry and therefore need to eat like Kings and Queens lol.

It's a disgusting extravagance. I'd take a meal and a few pints in my local over that anytime. 

Imagine it, though! £32 grand went in one end and £0 came out the other. The opposite of money laundering!

• Like 2