Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Still Waters

Poland plans to spend over $400 million on wall on Belarus border

Still Waters

Poland plans to spend over 1.6 billion zlotys ($404 million) on building a wall on its border with Belarus, according to a draft bill lawmakers are due to discuss on Wednesday, in a bid to stem the flow of migrants trying to cross.

The announcement came as German police reported an upsurge in the number of migrants illegally entering Germany -- the most popular final destination among asylum seekers -- after first crossing the Belarus-Polish border and making their way westwards across Poland.

Poland began building a barbed wire fence along its border with Belarus in August to curb the illegal border crossings despite criticism that some migrants were being treated inhumanely. The new wall, which would include a system of motion sensors and cameras, would further bolster border security.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/10/13/europe/poland-wall-belarus-intl/index.html

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Michelle

There are a lot of walls across the pond with more going up. Bunch of cruel racists they are.

• Haha 3

Helen of Annoy
21 hours ago, Michelle said:

There are a lot of walls across the pond with more going up. Bunch of cruel racists they are.

Envious much? 

You should be. I'll explain to you why. 

Personally, I'm against razor-wire barriers because animals get tangled in them. Being relatively sane, I'm not against guarding borders. 

To make the otherwise obvious extra clear, European border control has nothing in common with ridiculous failure of Trump's pompously announced monument to himself, in form of a wall, partially built, whose portions are falling in wind which is highly amusing in its symbolic. Also, the president of Poland is not bleating that Belarus will pay for the wall. And Poland is not exploiting immigrants entering from Belarus as particularly cheap illegal workforce, while pretending they're building a wall to stop them. 

So, no, Poland controlling immigration is not in any way making Trump seem any less racist or childish or incapable to build a ****ing wall about which he waffled so much in so incendiary fashion.   

• Like 3

Michelle

This isn't a U.S. or Trump thread so I won't help you derail it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Helen of Annoy
2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

This isn't a U.S. or Trump thread so I won't help you derail it.

Your post is precisely that, a derailment, meant to imply Trump's behaviour is something that is common in Europe. It's not. 

Also, quote me when you're talking to me.

• Like 3

itsnotoutthere
41 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Envious much? 

You should be. I'll explain to you why. 

Personally, I'm against razor-wire barriers because animals get tangled in them. Being relatively sane, I'm not against guarding borders. 

To make the otherwise obvious extra clear, European border control has nothing in common with ridiculous failure of Trump's pompously announced monument to himself, in form of a wall, partially built, whose portions are falling in wind which is highly amusing in its symbolic. Also, the president of Poland is not bleating that Belarus will pay for the wall. And Poland is not exploiting immigrants entering from Belarus as particularly cheap illegal workforce, while pretending they're building a wall to stop them. 

So, no, Poland controlling immigration is not in any way making Trump seem any less racist or childish or incapable to build a ****ing wall about which he waffled so much in so incendiary fashion.   

Translation...... Its only racist when Trump does it. 

• Like 2

Helen of Annoy
1 hour ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Translation...... Its only racist when Trump does it. 

It's only racist when it is racist.

Even when a racist is so "clever" to say that I'm the real racist for noticing racism, what is racist remains racist. Childish "no, you" crap should be well below adult level of argumentation. 

US had portions of various fences and walls and there's nothing strange or racist in that, just as maintaining and expanding border structures of any kind is not racist. Trump and his administration failed at maintenance and expanding, maybe because structures are not built by flapping your gums. 

It's not racist to control the border, it's racist to keep spewing insults against neighbours and migrants, the way that Trump person and his cult did. 

Which is why, as I already explained, the control of European borders has nothing in common with Trump's vanity wall and its racist advertising. 

The "wall" Poland will build is the surveillance system that will help border guards do their job. Since Belarus is pretty much a client state of Russia, it's not just weaponized migrant waves that make Polish-Belarusian border extra important to be very controlled. Sadly but realistically.

One more important thing: This is not the fault of people of Belarus or Russia. The type of regime they're trapped in is very hard to get rid of. Which is why Trump kept borrowing pages from their book. Unsuccessfully, but not for the lack of ill intention. 

Edited by Helen of Annoy

Essan

Building a wall is not racist.   However, some racists may argue otherwise.  

(I disapprove of both)