Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Missing boy found by man 'instructed by God'

UM-Bot

I wonder if he was given a specific location to look?  Was it actual words or more like an undeniable impulse?  

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Can't prove God did or didn't help. At least the kid was found.

My aunt once told me after I moved in to a house that had no appliances that God told her to buy me a kitchen stove.   I appreciated the sentiment but if god told her, it was because she was worried about my kids getting hot meals.   I was saving up to buy a specific stove and she could not afford to buy me a stove.   We compromised and I went with her to the furniture store and picked out the stove I wanted and she paid part of it and I made payments so that my kids could have cooked meals.   Sometimes people worry about something outside of their control and they get a nudge to do something to help.   Is it god, or is it just their common sense kicking in so that they won't waste time worrying?   It all depends on who you think is driving the boat and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. (as long as you don't use that excuse to trample on someone else's rights)

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

My aunt once told me after I moved in to a house that had no appliances that God told her to buy me a kitchen stove.   I appreciated the sentiment but if god told her, it was because she was worried about my kids getting hot meals.   I was saving up to buy a specific stove and she could not afford to buy me a stove.   We compromised and I went with her to the furniture store and picked out the stove I wanted and she paid part of it and I made payments so that my kids could have cooked meals.   Sometimes people worry about something outside of their control and they get a nudge to do something to help.   Is it god, or is it just their common sense kicking in so that they won't waste time worrying?   It all depends on who you think is driving the boat and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. (as long as you don't use that excuse to trample on someone else's rights)

The takeaway is that the kid was found. Doesn't matter if it's God or not. It's like looking at a well meaning gift and complaining, just be thankful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If god was the reason this kid was found, he was also the reason the kid went missing in the first place.

• Like 7

Incredibly enough, I myself had at least a couple of occurrences in my life when I knew for sure I'd find something I was looking for in some specific place, if I'd venture straight off, and while there was absolutely no reason to think so indeed it was exactly there. What's even more interesting, at least in both of these cases, I was in some very specific state of mind, elevated and pacified at the same time, which I never could intentionally conjure. It was an amazing feeling, may be the best feeling I ever had in my life. It was quite intense, to the extent it made me perceive reality in a different, more warm and benevolent way. Sometimes I have a very similar feeling right after waking up from some vivid dreams but it dispels very quickly as soon as I am letting any daily task or especially some concern into my mind, and it seems quite impossible to prevent. May be there is a way of holding this feeling longer and even conjuring it up on will but I didn't find it, even through meditations or prayers. Meditations clear up the mind, give some kind of peace but they do not bring any elevation and the peace they give is more of simple body relaxation, rather than that special kind of all-benevolent peace. Prayers are also sometimes bring good feelings but they are nothing like that. Sometimes I really long for that state of mind, it was like love, but not for someone particular but for everything around, for the very existence of everything.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

If god was the reason this kid was found, he was also the reason the kid went missing in the first place.

Now stop, just stop with that type of good logic - the faithful's will run off screaming into the night and their heads will explode. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

Is it bad that my first thought was that this man had taken the boy in the first place?

No.

• Like 2

God was too busy to go get the kid ....

~

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/14/2021 at 4:13 PM, onlookerofmayhem said:

If you really want to twist the tale. Then god let the kid wander off just to test the faith of the man who found him. If you want to go that route.

• Like 3

I saw this story on the local news. They didn't say anything about the man being in a Bible study class who found him. The news story pretty much ended after they said he went missing searching for the dog and was found 3 days later.

It was about my second thought, that I figured someone would find him to be a suspect. 

Edited by Green Lion

I prayed for a stubborn friend to get the shot and he finally did. Is that a testament to divine providence and the efficacy of prayer? Probably not. Things don't always happen for a reason, but they do happen.

• Thanks 1

On 10/16/2021 at 1:06 AM, XenoFish said:

If you really want to twist the tale. Then god let the kid wander off just to test the faith of the man who found him. If you want to go that route.

Wonder how he would have dealt with the situation if the man hadn't acted on it. 

11 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

Wonder how he would have dealt with the situation if the man hadn't acted on it. 

Kids body would've probably been found by hunters or hikers.

• 1 month later...
On 10/16/2021 at 7:10 AM, Hammerclaw said:

I prayed for a stubborn friend to get the shot and he finally did. Is that a testament to divine providence and the efficacy of prayer? Probably not. Things don't always happen for a reason, but they do happen.

My friend would tell you that you were practicing black magic for praying that someone do something you wanted, rather than praying that your friend stay healthy or some other generic prayer.    I consider it rude and manipulative instead of black magic, but she does have a point, if you do not have permission to pray for someone (they didn't ask and you are praying for them to do something to make you feel better, you are not being honest or a "good person").  None of it has anything to do with god, but everything to do with you wanting to coerce your friend into something.

Edited by Desertrat56

59 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

My friend would tell you that you were practicing black magic for praying that someone do something you wanted, rather than praying that your friend stay healthy or some other generic prayer.    I consider it rude and manipulative instead of black magic, but she does have a point, if you do not have permission to pray for someone (they didn't ask and you are praying for them to do something to make you feel better, you are not being honest or a "good person").  None of it has anything to do with god, but everything to do with you wanting to coerce your friend into something.

According to some everything is black magick.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

According to some everything is black magick.

In some cases everything is black magic except what they believe.

Edited by Desertrat56

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You just reworded what I wrote.

Yep.

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Was there a point or is this just wasting forum space.

I felt you left of a few words, clarity is what my goal was.

53 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

My comment didn't need additions added. 

Well, mine did.