Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Missing boy found by man 'instructed by God'

UM-Bot

19 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

The thing is, is that you're emotionally invested in it. You've chosen to be offended, because I assume it makes you feel "less than". However, those feelings are a choice. You choose too feel insecure about something that really shouldn't matter. 

Based on some of her sharing her story to me it sounds like the way she was conditioned to religion in her childhood might have caused a bit of PTSD. My impression of Dee is she is in tune with her triggers and often she works through them by talking them out. Sometimes we need sounding boards. Yet, I can’t argue with your feedback, specifically, your suggestion of where she can change her perspective is in her current interpretation of prayer and it is valid too. Yet, exploring triggers one will more often than not refine their perspective in the process. Just my two cents. There isn’t just one approach. IMHO.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Based on some of her sharing her story to me it sounds like the way she was conditioned to religion in her childhood might have caused a bit of PTSD. My impression of Dee is she is in tune with her triggers and often she works through them by talking them out. Sometimes we need sounding boards. Yet, I can’t argue with your feedback, specifically, your suggestion of where she can change her perspective is in her current interpretation of prayer and it is valid too. Yet, exploring triggers one will more often than not refine their perspective in the process. Just my two cents. There isn’t just one approach. IMHO.

I think it's sometimes the case of someone wanting attention, but not knowing how to ask for it, nicely--so they kick you, instead. DR lugs her disfunctional family experiences around with her like so much useless baggage and reads them into anything she is "triggered by".

3 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

I think it's sometimes the case of someone wanting attention, but not knowing how to ask for it, nicely--so they kick you, instead. DR lugs her disfunctional family experiences around with her like so much useless baggage and reads them into anything she is "triggered by".

As do you and everyone else.   The name you chose for this forum is apt.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

As do you and everyone else.   The name you chose for this forum is apt.

Oh my, have you been triggered, a-gain? Poor baby and this isn't my forum.:lol:

Edited by Hammerclaw

6 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

We all do John.  It is part of being human. 

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

Oh my, have you been triggered, a-gain. Poor baby and this isn't my forum.:lol:

Just because you don't admit where your anger or angst comes from doesn't mean you don't hammer it out with people on this forum.   You are just as messed up as anyone else on this forum (with a couple of exceptions that no one could match).

Calling names is your mechanism for trying to get the upper hand, or hammer someone, so I  must have hit one of your nerves as well because that is the second time you have called me a name in a derogatory manner.   

Just now, Sherapy said:

We all do John.  It is part of being human. 

I know, it's just a pity some people don't allow others that option.

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

Just because you don't admit where your anger or angst comes from doesn't mean you don't hammer it out with people on this forum.   You are just as messed up as anyone else on this forum (with a couple of exceptions that no one could match).

Calling names is your mechanism for trying to get the upper hand, or hammer someone, so I  must have hit one of your nerves as well because that is the second time you have called me a name in a derogatory manner.   

Oh, get over yourself, old woman and don't flatter yourself that you're worthy of anyone's anger. You do have my pity, however.:P

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Oh, get over yourself, old woman and don't flatter yourself that you're worthy of anyone's anger. You do have my pity, however.:P

I see that nerve is still hurting, why else would you waste time trying to denigrate me.  Maybe you could spend some time examining why my trigger triggered your trigger.

20 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Oy vey :P

48 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Sometimes we need to face the ugly in order to get to the beauty. My grandmother is dead, died last summer. So the anchor to my religious animosity is gone. Which allowed me to let go of all that anger. It was much easier to shift gears and see a bit better. The best question to ask oneself is "Why do I feel this way?". Eventually some thing will be called from the deep abyss of the mind. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to interrupt the conversations, but i think that this is incredible news.

What are the chances that someone who thinks they are "definitely going to find" a missing 3 year old would actually be able to find them?

Add in the fact that this individual believes they had a message from God that he was going to find the boy and the coincidence is beyond remarkable.

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Sometimes we need to face the ugly in order to get to the beauty. My grandmother is dead, died last summer. So the anchor to my religious animosity is gone. Which allowed me to let go of all that anger. It was much easier to shift gears and see a bit better. The best question to ask oneself is "Why do I feel this way?". Eventually some thing will be called from the deep abyss of the mind. 

Indeed, I didn’t know your Grandma passed, sorry for your loss and I can relate deeply, after my mom died the best part was the opportunity for healing that has taken place, I have rebuilt a new self. Her death was a such a gift on so many levels  I no longer hold any hatred for her either. I even had a rebirth ceremony. Thank you for sharing. And, well done on your end. :wub:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I see that nerve is still hurting, why else would you waste time trying to denigrate me.  Maybe you could spend some time examining why my trigger triggered your trigger.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. This started with your arrogant objection to a prayer of mine for someone who, themselves, prays for others, all the time. Of course, you didn't know that; you used it to lash out at the ghosts in your head. Who I pray for is none of your business, but don't worry. I've never wasted a single prayer on you. Don't mess with this old man, if you don't like being repaid in kind.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

Don't mess with this old man, if you don't like being repaid in kind.

Yeah, because all the confrontation should be between us. No one's stealing my thunder.:gun:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

I'm not. I'm glad she died. 

Fair enough, I can relate. :D You do seem better.

Edited by Sherapy