Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
OverSword

Chicago police union chief tells officers to ignore vaccine mandate

Recommended Posts

OverSword
Quote

 

The Chicago police union chief called on officers to ignore the city's vaccine mandate set to take effect on Friday.

In a video posted to YouTube, Chicago Fraternal Order of Police President John Catanzara told officers, “Do not fill out the portal information."

“I’ve made my status very clear as far as the vaccine, but I do not believe the city has the authority to mandate that to anybody — let alone that information about your medical history," Catanzara said.

The city's vaccine mandate will place officers who do not submit proof of vaccination by the deadline on a "no pay" status. The police union is preparing a lawsuit against the city of Chicago.

 

Link

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Tatetopa

Interesting.  145   of the 262 officers lost last year in the US were  not through violence in the line of duty but covid.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

without police enforcing laws, politicians are powerless, useless, and a waste of salary, who will obey their laws when police will not enforce them????  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Myles
10 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Interesting.  145   of the 262 officers lost last year in the US were  not through violence in the line of duty but covid.  

While in theory you are correct, not sure where you got your numbers.   374 police officers were lost in 2020.   351 so far in 2021.  

 

https://www.odmp.org/search/year/2020

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

do families of cops who die of covid get any additional compensation?  do departments?   maybe that is why the number is that high, we know vast majority of deaths of covid happen to people with preexisting condition, i remember stats from years ago, about as much cops die of heart attacks, as from violence on the job, and here we see only 7 heart attacks, not suspicions at all. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Myles
18 minutes ago, aztek said:

do families of cops who die of covid get any additional compensation?  do departments?   maybe that is why the number is that high, we know vast majority of deaths of covid happen to people with preexisting condition, i remember stats from years ago, about as much cops die of heart attacks, as from violence on the job, and here we see only 7 heart attacks, not suspicions at all. 

Great point.   

2020 - 7 of heart attack

2019 - 19 of heart attack

2018 - 20 of heart attack

2017 - 21 of heart attack

2016 - 17 of heart attack

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WVK
10 minutes ago, Myles said:

Great point.   

2020 - 7 of heart attack

2019 - 19 of heart attack

2018 - 20 of heart attack

2017 - 21 of heart attack

2016 - 17 of heart attack

Donuts are more lethal than C19

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
3 hours ago, Myles said:

While in theory you are correct, not sure where you got your numbers.   374 police officers were lost in 2020.   351 so far in 2021.  

Could be wrong, I did not check multiple sources.

Of the 264 police officers who died in the line of duty in 2020 across the United States, more than half died of COVID-19, according to new data compiled by the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund (PDF) (NLEOMF).

The data does not include how many police officers were forced to miss work days because of COVID-19. However, the NLEOMF report noted that 145 police officers nationally died from complications related to the novel coronavirus. The organization verifies each reported death, according to its website.

COVID-19-related fatalities were the single highest cause of officer line-of-duty deaths in 2020.

“By far,” Singer said. “It’s not even close.”

The data—which includes federal, state, military, tribal and local law enforcement officers—highlighted an increase in fatalities by 96% from the 135 officers killed during the same 12-month period in 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.