Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tyson: 'when the aliens come, we'll all know'

UM-Bot

I agree and have said it before. Any mission using the time, resources, etc to come all the way to another world and found a culture advanced enough to contact and communicate with will do so. 
I also believe the chances of that are so remote it’s barely worth realistically considering 

• Like 1

He’s prolly right on this one.  I mean, I don’t get the blinky lights?  Why would aliens who could practice interstellar travel not have stealth technology?   That doesn’t even make sense.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

In human terms, yes we'd probably make contact. 

Aliens? Who knows how they'd behave.

We walk past animals every day. Do you try and communicate with a spider? It'd be interesting for a short while but ultimately a little pointless. If aliens are advanced then they may not bother, or see dolphins as more advanced, or gorillas, or jellyfish and communicate with them instead.

The whole article is pure speculation.

• Thanks 1

Don't get me wrong, I admire Tyson and think he's a brilliant guy, but in this case he absolutely does not know what he's talking about. 

He hasn't taken into account the voluminous aggregate of information and data collected on the UFO phenomenon collected from many different angles & disciplines.

Just as one example, I wonder if Tyson will pay attention to the coming Oct. 19 National Press Conference event in which former U.S. Air Force officers who commanded nuclear missile launched sites in places like Malmstrom and Minot Air Force bases will testify they saw UFOs directly as they proceeded to take the nukes offline, one by one.

See: NUKE PRESSW CONFERENCE

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Tyson: 'when the aliens come, we'll all know'

For a moment there thought it was going to be an opinion from "Iron Mike" as opposed to "Neil deGrasse". As far as aliens go, they are probably equally qualified on the subject lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

One would hope so. You know after a romantic evening getting "probed" and all, it's nice to get a warning.

Edited by Trelane
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, IronGhost said:

Don't get me wrong, I admire Tyson and think he's a brilliant guy, but in this case he absolutely does not know what he's talking about. 

He hasn't taken into account the voluminous aggregate of information and data collected on the UFO phenomenon collected from many different angles & disciplines.

Just as one example, I wonder if Tyson will pay attention to the coming Oct. 19 National Press Conference event in which former U.S. Air Force officers who commanded nuclear missile launched sites in places like Malmstrom and Minot Air Force bases will testify they saw UFOs directly as they proceeded to take the nukes offline, one by one.

IronGhost!  Nice.  Welcome back.  Haven’t seen you in so long, what a pleasure.  You’re the man.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, IronGhost said:

IIRC we are >70 years into the "UFO"-thing. Thousands of professional and amateur astronomers lurking the sky every night, generating tens of thousands of long time exposure images and tons of video material. Night by night by night year by year by year, the amount of data is gigantic. In addition, there are more than 3,6B smart phones in operation globally and the most of these units carry excellent imaging technology. But until today, there is not a fkg single clear and sharp image that show a picture of a supposed spaceship of extraterrestrial origin. Not-a-single-one. Why is that,? Please tell me, I`m still curious.

:lol:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, toast said:

IIRC we are >70 years into the "UFO"-thing. Thousands of professional and amateur astronomers lurking the sky every night, generating tens of thousands of long time exposure images and tons of video material. Night by night by night year by year by year, the amount of data is gigantic. In addition, there are more than 3,6B smart phones in operation globally and the most of these units carry excellent imaging technology. But until today, there is not a fkg single clear and sharp image that show a picture of a supposed spaceship of extraterrestrial origin. Not-a-single-one. Why is that,? Please tell me, I`m still curious.

Aliens are made of Dark Matter.:yes:

20 hours ago, IronGhost said:

Agreed - I love listening to NDGT on virtually all topics, but for some reason he prefers to casually ignore the direct testimony of something like 150 ex military personnel who have been involved in these incidents. 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 9:47 PM, OverSword said:

I agree and have said it before. Any mission using the time, resources, etc to come all the way to another world and found a culture advanced enough to contact and communicate with will do so. 
I also believe the chances of that are so remote it’s barely worth realistically considering 

Consider taking a trip to ECETI near Mt Adams. I witnessed a craft on Mt Spokane 2 years in a row in the same spot on the same date Dec. 28th 1995 and Dec. 28th 1996. It hovered for hours no sound, was able to get about 200 yards from it in the snow cat I was operating.

Edited by cerberusxp
Add more
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/16/2021 at 3:41 PM, IronGhost said:

Actually you'd be surprised with the how much he reads about the subject.

He never denied the UFO phenomenon, he has always stated that evidence was weak or non existent.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 10:55 AM, UM-Bot said:

Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson spoke out about the US Navy's UFO videos during a recent TV interview.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/351573/tyson-when-the-aliens-come-well-all-know

When the aliens turn up it will take them 2 minutes to decimate us.

Maybe this is already foretold as Judgement Day? Where they keep those compatible with their ideology and slaughter the rest of us? I already have my survival plan figured out. Complete surrender! Dob in the resistance, sod the lot of you, self-preservation first, and make sure I worship my new overlords lol.

Edited by Cookie Monster

On 10/16/2021 at 7:41 AM, IronGhost said:

You mean some of the same former officers who trundled their rubbish out 20 years ago with know fraud Steven Greer? Yeah, can't wait for this "bombshell".:lol:

But let's face it. What we have here is a celebrity journalist (Anderson Cooper) asking a celebrity scientist (Neil deGrasse Tyson) surface-level softball questions without going into any meaningful depth whatsoever about what happened during the 2004 Nimitz encounters.

For example, Anderson did not come prepared to ask even slightly technical questions like, "Why is it that the tic tac UFO were recorded on radar which indicated clearly they were traveling at enormous speeds that known state-of-the aircraft can't achieve?"

And what was jamming the radars on the F18 Super Hornets?

Consider these comments by former career CIA scientist Dr. Bob McGuier:

"The single most shocking things that was told to us about 2004 are that the anti-radar that are on the F18 Super Hornets … these are not just regular old dummy sit on a pulse radar and hope you get one back.

"These are really, really fancy radar and they do all sorts of things to mitigate somebody being able to jam them … these are really, really, really super hard secret radar that have anti-jamming capabilities – and the thing (the UFO) jammed them till the radar scope shots streaks all across it ... how do I know? I heard an interview (with the pilots) where they admitted that happened.

That means, whatever this is, it is inside and the understanding loop of our system … that understand how they mitigated this jamming and successfully overcame it to jam it.

That’s No. 1. Number two is when the, the mission if you will, that , Kevin Day and others talked the fleet into descending,  (David) Fravor and (other pilot name) was over – they said, “poof, scramble, here’s your cap point, go there and come on home."

And before they could turn their airplane they were called back on the radio. They said: “You’re not going to believe this. That tic tac (UFO) is over your cap point."

That means they are listening to encrypted communication.

Source: Project Unity

So, my point is, what if issues like these had been put to Neil deGrasse Tyson?  What would he have said? 

How was the sophisticated radar jammed?

How was the encrypted communication defeated? 

For that matter, what about the fact that the tic tac UFOs were clearly seen descending into the water and coming back out again?

That's just for starters.

Why doesn't Anderson Cooper ask questions like these on live prime time CNN? 

Edited by IronGhost
typos
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, cerberusxp said:

Consider taking a trip to ECETI near Mt Adams. I witnessed a craft on Mt Spokane 2 years in a row in the same spot on the same date Dec. 28th 1995 and Dec. 28th 1996. It hovered for hours no sound, was able to get about 200 yards from it in the snow cat I was operating.

Cool. There is no doubt that there is something going on in the skies 

20 hours ago, Guyver said:

IronGhost!  Nice.  Welcome back.  Haven’t seen you in so long, what a pleasure.  You’re the man.

Thanks, old pal. Yo da man, too.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, IronGhost said:

Thanks, old pal. Yo da man, too.

I wonder if your old work is still available here,  what you did with the Ouiga Board is epic.  I am a fan.

On 10/17/2021 at 12:41 AM, IronGhost said:

I believe he has and why he said if we were to get visitors that we would know 

I agree with him that the information attributed to UFOs as space ships is a wild extrapolation at best. 

On 10/17/2021 at 12:41 AM, IronGhost said:

Why would he? 

This particular gathering is a regular event. Remember the 2010 controversy?

Hastings won't invite anyone unless they are saying what he wants to hear. 

The missile incidents from Malmstrom and Echo are done to death. There are easily attributed mundane explanations. Alien spacecraft aren't a good explanation by any means.

• Like 1

It's both arrogant and unscientific to presume that his assumptions about Earth being visited by ETs are correct. We're a highly dangerous and violent species, if I were an ET I'd take a stealthy approach with such a species, making my presence known to them without making direct contact until humanity's grown up enough to make contact directly.

Edited by RickFromCT