Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Conservative MP Sir David Amess dies after being stabbed at constituency surgery

Still Waters

Sir David Amess MP has died after being stabbed at a surgery in his constituency, police say.

Sir David, who represented Southend West in Essex, was attacked on Friday afternoon at Belfairs Methodist Church in Leigh-on-Sea.

Sir David had been MP for Southend West since 1997 and first entered parliament in 1983.

"A 25 year-old man was quickly arrested after officers arrived at the scene on suspicion of murder and a knife was recovered.

"He is currently in custody.

"We are not looking for anyone else in connection with this incident."

https://news.sky.com/story/david-amess-mp-dies-after-being-stabbed-at-constituency-surgery-police-say-12434589

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 7

• The title was changed to Conservative MP Sir David Amess dies after being stabbed at constituency surgery

The Guardian understands that counter-terrorism police are assisting the investigation into the stabbing, which continues to be led by Essex police.

Senior counter-terrorism officials are monitoring the situation closely and are being updated on emerging details of the attack and the suspect. Counter-terrorism police usually will stay involved in such an investigation until a non-terrorist motive is identified.

The incident will raise further concerns about the safety of MPs, who routinely hold advice surgeries at which anyone can turn up.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/oct/15/mp-david-amess-dies-after-being-stabbed-at-constituency-surgery

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Terrible.

• Like 4

Madness.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Sir David Amess MP has died after being stabbed at a surgery in his constituency, police say.

Sir David, who represented Southend West in Essex, was attacked on Friday afternoon at Belfairs Methodist Church in Leigh-on-Sea.

Sir David had been MP for Southend West since 1997 and first entered parliament in 1983.

"A 25 year-old man was quickly arrested after officers arrived at the scene on suspicion of murder and a knife was recovered.

"He is currently in custody.

"We are not looking for anyone else in connection with this incident."

https://news.sky.com/story/david-amess-mp-dies-after-being-stabbed-at-constituency-surgery-police-say-12434589

I think its going to be a mentally ill one, terrorist, or a lefty extremist.

His voting records are against assisted suicide, against gay marriage, against equality, against gay rights, pro military interventionism, for nukes, against the EU, against letting EU citizens already here stay, for secret trials of terrorists, against legal aid for trials, a mixture of capitalist policies including lower corporation tax, against measures to reduce tax avoidance, and many more.

I cannot imagine it being a righty extremist with that voting record.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

One and the same when they're at the point of stabbing people surely?

32 minutes ago, Setton said:

One and the same when they're at the point of stabbing people surely?

We dont know much yet, the police haven`t said who they nicked.

4 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

We dont know much yet, the police haven`t said who they nicked.

Obviously.

But you drew a distinction between an extremist and a terrorist. Once they're at the point of violence, it's one and the same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

His voting records are against assisted suicide, against gay marriage, against equality, against gay rights, pro military interventionism, for nukes, against the EU, against letting EU citizens already here stay, for secret trials of terrorists, against legal aid for trials, a mixture of capitalist policies including lower corporation tax, against measures to reduce tax avoidance, and many more.

before you tell us he is against one or the other thing, tell us what else was in those  bills that he voted no on,  i'm sure there is much more to the story than him just not supporting gay rights.  i know that is what left media wants us to think, or more like they do not want us to think, only to believe them without question,

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, aztek said:

before you tell us he is against one or the other thing, tell us what else was in those  bills that he voted no on,  i'm sure there is much more to the story than him just not supporting gay rights.  i know that is what left media wants us to think, or more like they do not want us to think, only to believe them without question,

UK legislation doesn't tend to be like US legislation. There's not as much hiding things in bills at all.

Most likely he just did not support those things. Not unusual for a conservative MP.

In retrospect, this would seem like a wise investment for public figures these days:

COVERT / OVERT BALLISTIC LEVEL 2 + STAB LEVEL 1 VEST

Relatively light weight and stab-proof.  It might have saved this life.  

3 hours ago, and then said:

In retrospect, this would seem like a wise investment for public figures these days:

COVERT / OVERT BALLISTIC LEVEL 2 + STAB LEVEL 1 VEST

Relatively light weight and stab-proof.  It might have saved this life.  

The flaw with that idea is that they go for the throat as well...... see the London Bridge attacks and countless others right back to Lee Rigby. 

Edited by itsnotoutthere

15 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Sounds like a fascist died at the hands of a lefty

• Confused 3

4 minutes ago, godnodog said:

They've announced they're treating it as Islamist terrorism, not politically motivated.

Also not a fascist by any stretch.

Edited by Setton
  • Like 3

This is a disgraceful act.

A guy going about his business and gets stabbed to death.

One contributor with a  laughing emoji, others starting to bring his voting record into the debate.

The guy that did this is scum.

He is scum regardless of the above.

And his actions do nothing to change things, so dim witted scum.

And the people who laugh regardless of your political views or try to justify this action, you are scum too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, godnodog said:

Really.....well according the the BBC latest, its got Islam written all over it, again. 

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Setton said:

They've announced they're treating it as Islamist terrorism, not politically motivated.

Also not a fascist by any stretch.

I didn't said it was a fascist act.

I was reading a comment and the way it was described in that specific comment it sounded like a fascist (the victim) was killed by a leftist (the assassin).

15 minutes ago, godnodog said:

I was reading a comment and the way it was described in that specific comment it sounded like a fascist (the victim) was killed by a leftist (the assassin).

No he wasn't a 'fascist'. 

• Like 2

Related:

Sir David Amess death: Murdered MP recently wrote attacks on politicians 'could happen to any of us'

"We are advised to never see people alone, we must be extra careful when opening post and we must ensure that our offices are properly safe and secure.

"In short, these increasing attacks have rather spoilt the great British tradition of the people openly meeting their elected politicians."

Sir David also said he was frequently abused online, and how easy it was for "ignorant cowards" to remain anonymous.

He said: "The law in this regard needs to be changed and updated as a matter of urgency."

https://news.sky.com/story/sir-david-amess-death-killed-mp-recently-wrote-attacks-on-politicians-could-happen-to-any-of-us-12435100

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, godnodog said:

I know what you meant. The word fascist does not describe the victim. I don't think I agree with any of that voting record but fascist is misrepresenting his views.

It's also misrepresenting the word fascist to the point it is losing all meaning. Which means if/when another fascist dictator pops up, no one will take it seriously. Because they'll think it just means right wing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Setton said:

I know what you meant. The word fascist does not describe the victim. I don't think I agree with any of that voting record but fascist is misrepresenting his views.

It's also misrepresenting the word fascist to the point it is losing all meaning. Which means if/when another fascist dictator pops up, no one will take it seriously. Because they'll think it just means right wing.

For me and considering ONLY that specific comment, it is what we call, where I'm from, a fascist. 

I do not know the victim, nor his background, but surely he didn't deserve this.

I am, like i am sure most if not all here, saddened by what happened.

Just for clarification, I never stated the victim was a fascist. I reacted to a specific comment of a fellow member.

What was written is usually associated with fascist here in Portugal, and for those who don't know Portugal was a fascist regime up to 1974, and it predate Nazi Germany and was loosely based in part on Italian fascism.

Slightly off topic

https://www.esquerda.net/sites/default/files/MocidadePortuguesa03_0.jpg

Young portuguese brain washed into BS. Note that this has nothing to do with Nazism. This is based on the ancient roman salute.

Back to topic

This is why I wrote fascist. 

Edited by godnodog
Words correction