Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Panel probing attack on U.S. Capitol threatens Bannon with contempt

OverSword

A U.S. congressional committee probing the deadly Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol said on Thursday it would vote next week to hold Steve Bannon, a longtime adviser to former President Donald Trump, in contempt of Congress for refusing to comply with a subpoena.

The House of Representatives Select Committee said it scheduled a vote on Tuesday on a report documenting the case for contempt against Bannon, a first step toward criminal charges.

"The Select Committee will not tolerate defiance of our subpoenas, so we must move forward with proceedings to refer Mr. Bannon for criminal contempt," the committee's Democratic chairman, Representative Bennie Thompson, said in a statement.

An attorney for Bannon, who was asked to give a deposition on Thursday, referred to a letter saying his client would not provide testimony or documents until the committee reached an agreement with Trump over executive privilege or a court ruled on the matter.

Link

8 minutes ago, aztek said:

the left keep witch-hunt alive.  

They invaded the capitols with gallows, the **** more do you need.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, aztek said:

the left keep witch-hunt alive.  

Exactly how long did y'all spend on Hillary's emails?  Meanwhile, your boys invaded the capitol building in an attempt to overturn a rightful election with a gallows built outside.  

Sit down with your witch hunt nonsense. 

Edited by HSlim
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

They were going to take over Amazon too!

Protesters set up a guillotine outside Jeff Bezos' mansion and demanded higher wages for Amazon workers after the CEO's net worth surpassed $200 billion

https://www.businessinsider.com/bezos-mansion-protesters-set-up-guillotine-demand-higher-wages-2020-8?op=1

Meh...it's been a scare tactic for hundreds of years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, HSlim said:

Exactly how long did y'all spend on Hillary's emails?

That's neither comparable or a witch hunt as HRC was the SoS for the United States of America and this had to do with her behavior while serving the American people.  She was not some random nut job rioting in the streets.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, HSlim said:

Exactly how long did y'all spend on Hillary's emails?  Meanwhile, your boys invaded the capitol building in an attempt to overturn a rightful election with a gallows built outside.  

Sit down with your witch hunt nonsense. 

wow, the idiocy of yours is improving daily, LAMO what an idiot

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

That's neither comparable or a witch hunt as HRC was the SoS for the United States of America and this had to do with her behavior while serving the American people.  She was not some random nut job rioting in the streets.

This is absolutely comparable.  Especially since several of those who were out there inciting those "random nutjobs" were the President and Congressmen. 

4 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Another planned insurrection...

Protesters Put Life-Size Donald Trump Doll in Guillotine Outside White House

https://www.newsweek.com/protest-trump-doll-guillotine-outside-white-house-rnc-1528381

:o

There's a major difference between a doll in the street and hundreds of people actually entering the Capitol building chanting "hang Pence, hang Pelosi" and assaulting capitol police. 

Edited by HSlim
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, aztek said:

wow, the idiocy of yours is improving daily, LAMO what an idiot

I'm guessing you were going for "LMAO" but hey, you were saying?  

You know, other than things you wouldn't say in person? 

• Haha 1

Just now, HSlim said:

I'm guessing you were going for "LMAO" but hey, you were saying?  

You know, other than things you wouldn't say in person? 

i was saying you are an idiot, any more questions?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, aztek said:

i was saying you are an idiot, any more questions?

So, just leaving it at things you wouldn't say to my face.  Carry on David Duke Jr.  

Edited by HSlim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HSlim said:

There's a major difference between a doll in the street and hundreds of people actually entering the Capitol building chanting "hang Pence, hang Pelosi" and assaulting capitol police. 

If you had read it there was violence with police officers. There were several other times anti-Trumps tried to break down the barriers to get into the White House.

5 minutes ago, Michelle said:

If you had read it there was violence with police officers. There were several other times anti-Trumps tried to break down the barriers to get into the White House.

I won't say that didn't happen but I'm not aware of it. I'd like to see some kind of backing info on that. If they did so, they should be charged.  All I've heard is that a couple stepped OVER a barricade and were promptly arrested. 

Edited by HSlim

Protesters knock down White House security barricades as tensions mount over Floyd's death

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/500299-protestors-knock-down-white-house-securitys-barricade-as-tensions-mount-over

You'll probably have to use something other than Google.

Edited by Michelle
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Protesters knock down White House security barricades as tensions mount over Floyd's death

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/500299-protestors-knock-down-white-house-securitys-barricade-as-tensions-mount-over

You'll probably have to use something other than Google.

Then they should have been arrested.  My guess is they weren't dumb enough to film themselves doing so. 

1 minute ago, HSlim said:

Then they should have been arrested.  My guess is they weren't dumb enough to film themselves doing so. 

Yeah right... not. :lol:

4 minutes ago, HSlim said:

That doesn't even make sense, but ok. 

Boomer lingo...

You're right. nobody had there phones out filming. Kidding, no you're not right. There were lots of videos.

My misspeaking, it's millennial lingo.

Edited by Michelle
  • Haha 2

Just now, Michelle said:

Boomer lingo...

You're right. nobody had there phones out filming. Kidding, no you're not right. There were lots of videos.

I didn't say nobody had their phones out filming.   There were plenty of people filming.   The difference is they weren't dumb enough to go live on FB while CLEARLY showing their faces on camera then bragging about it to their families and coworkers later. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, HSlim said:

This is absolutely comparable.  Especially since several of those who were out there inciting those "random nutjobs" were the President and Congressmen. 

They are not comparable as one is clearly illegal (storing government emails on your own private server and destroying them) While they are still trying to determine if anyone's actions besides the rioters is illegal.  One is obviously illegal and the other has not been determined illegal, but neither is a witch hunt.

• Like 4

Just now, OverSword said:

They are not comparable as one is clearly illegal (storing government emails on your own private server and destroying them) While they are still trying to determine if anyone's actions besides the rioters is illegal.  One is obviously illegal and the other has not been determined illegal, but neither is a witch hunt.

Fair enough. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

They invaded the capitols with gallows, the **** more do you need.

Yeah the media exposed their sinister plot to hang Democrats! And showed you this -

EBC4F355-38DF-4092-8EEE-8F5E979CA1E4.jpeg.b39937f96e51f30aededdab3ec547cfe.jpeg

but they forgot to tell you it’s was a scaled-down prop that wasn’t functional -

3017D1DC-2E1F-45BA-BDC7-105965A8F359.jpeg.f997001e061f94ce5d2c2066d71c31fc.jpeg

So anyways...........Does Bannon have the right to refuse this subpoena on the grounds that Trump is claiming presidential privilege and what they may or may not be allowed to ask him depends on the recognition and limitation put in place by such?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

So anyways...........Does Bannon have the right to refuse this subpoena on the grounds that Trump is claiming presidential privilege and what they may or may not be allowed to ask him depends on the recognition and limitation put in place by such?

Same should be done to Bannon as would happen to anyone else who refused to comply with a subpoena.   And I thought the White House had already rejected the executive privilege request?  

Edited by HSlim