Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Leading huntsman fined over advice on how to hide illegal fox hunting

Still Waters

Posted (IP: Staff) ·

The reputation of Britain’s hunting community has been dealt a serious blow after a prominent huntsman was convicted of encouraging others to hide the illegal hunting of live foxes behind a “smokescreen” of trail hunting.

Mark Hankinson, the director of the Masters of the Foxhounds Association, was found guilty of encouraging or assisting others to commit an offence over his comments in two webinars in front of an audience of more than 100 MFHA members.

The 60-year-old, of Frampton Farm, Sherborne, Dorset, was charged after footage from the training webinars, broadcast in August 2020, was obtained by hunt saboteurs, who passed it to the media and the police.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/oct/15/leading-huntsman-fined-after-using-subterfuge-to-hide-fox-hunting

• Sad 2

Foxes are beautiful, and doing only what they were meant to do in nature.  Not much of a threat to humans I'd say.  I can't understand the need to kill so much that people will break the law to do it.

That being said, I'm reminded how wonderful a town Sherborne is, it's so long now since I've been to Dorset.

Edited by Wistman
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Wistman said:

That being said, I'm reminded how wonderful a town Sherborne is, it's so long now since I've been to Dorset.

Which means you've been missing dwile flonking in Piddlehinton, which causes you to piddle in the river Piddle.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Wepwawet said:

Which means you've been missing dwile flonking in Piddlehinton, which causes you to piddle in the river Piddle.

Thank heavens you didn't mention Tolpuddle and the skeleton thingy.

• Haha 1