Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

QAnon followers want out, but the hurdles are huge

Eldorado

After the 2020 presidential election, followers disillusioned by Q’s false predictions of an overwhelming Trump victory flocked to Reddit message boards like QAnonCasualties and ReQovery, their posts tinged with vulnerability and desperation. They swapped articles, books, podcasts (commonly the New York Times’ Rabbit Hole series), and tips on how to let go of conspiratorial beliefs. They numbered more than 200,000.

Theirs is the QAnon story you haven’t yet heard—the one about the people left struggling and psychologically vulnerable in its wake. Who can’t move on. Who feel duped, angry, and confused. “How do I recover from Q?” wrote a Reddit user in June. “I just don’t know what to do anymore can someone help I have tried everything.”

Cosmopolitan article via Yahoo

• Haha 2

I'm pretty sure just about everyone has read a conspiracy theory before and lived on.

Edited by The_Phantom_Stranger
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 10/16/2021 at 3:24 PM, Eldorado said:

After the 2020 presidential election, followers disillusioned by Q’s false predictions of an overwhelming Trump victory flocked to Reddit message boards like QAnonCasualties and ReQovery, their posts tinged with vulnerability and desperation. They swapped articles, books, podcasts (commonly the New York Times’ Rabbit Hole series), and tips on how to let go of conspiratorial beliefs. They numbered more than 200,000.

Theirs is the QAnon story you haven’t yet heard—the one about the people left struggling and psychologically vulnerable in its wake. Who can’t move on. Who feel duped, angry, and confused. “How do I recover from Q?” wrote a Reddit user in June. “I just don’t know what to do anymore can someone help I have tried everything.”

Cosmopolitan article via Yahoo

Some people will literally do anything but think for themselves.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thankfully I know many who have left the Qanon movement. But sadly I think there will always still be some of them around.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 2:49 AM, Scholar4Truth said:

Thankfully I know many who have left the Qanon movement.

That is good to hear. :tu:

On 10/16/2021 at 7:12 PM, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Yeah I'm sure those posting are actual QAnon followers. /sarcasm. :rolleyes:

no doubt liberal trolls doing all of the posting. there and here too lol

• Like 1