Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Steam bans games "built on blockchain technology"

Eldorado

The developer of first-person adventure game Age of Rust – which allows players to collect NFTs for completing in-game puzzles – went to Twitter to share its frustration at a rule change which now says Steam will no longer publish "applications built on blockchain technology that issue or allow exchange of cryptocurrencies or NFTs".

Games Radar article at MSN

• 1 month later...

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eldorado

• ZOXS

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t know much about this stuff but I think people are overreacting about NFT’s. all I ever hear about them is complaint after complaint like how they are mostly worthless, a bubble ready to burst, waste of time or a scam. I think people should be able to collect digital art if they want to. I don’t totally understand why someone would rather have a file of a piece of art rather than something nice on a wall but if someone wants to they should be able to go ahead. 

Another common complaint is the waste in electricity. It’s only a waste if you consider art a waste. If I go to the store and buy a canvas, paint and brushes all of that is “wasted” resources not to mention any time I spent on it yet people don’t have the same mindset.

It’s like Steam has got tangled up in some kind of feud. Why change the policy/rule if it isn’t necessary?