Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Joe Biden after 10 months: Worst president ever


Eldorado
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

That still isn't a liveable wage here.

It is in a lot of places. I thought the high taxes were to help lower income households? If California needs higher than a $15 an hour minimum wage they should enact it...not the entire country.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

So you believe that if this goes through, then next September they won't be talking about raising the debt ceiling or doing a budget before they have to shut down the government? :rolleyes:  Yeah.  Right.

Nope, simple minded as I am, that is not what believe.

Thirty five years ago my first engineering job paid $22k.  Great money.  I had a budget, paid my bills, invested in my future with an IRA and savings for a house.  When I retired 2 years ago, I was making 5 times that.  I put a kid through college, upgraded my house 3 times, and had expenses I had not dreamed of in 1985.  Cable TV, Internet, Cell phones. to name a few.  Everything I did have in my budget in 1985 had gone up in price.

I could not begin to live in 2021 on my 1985 salary and budget.  

Fortunately, my Gross Personal Product went up a commensurate amount.  As a bonus, the population of my household also went up.. I married an office manager who also contributed to our gross household product.  The increase more than offset her expenses and our child.  Even with her three years off when my son was born, we managed well enough. Then day care became another unimaginable expense. 

Our yearly budget reflected cost of items, additional items we wanted, and our salaries.  Based on that statement, you cannot judge me foolish or wasting my money.

So I expect the size of the government's budget to go up every year as well, and debt may follow.

I expect your beef comes from your view that some of what is being proposed is wasteful.  That has to do more with what is in the budget than the size of it. I won't complain if we manage our budget and our debt.  I too may complain about waste where I see it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/17/2021 at 11:28 AM, Trelane said:

To paraphrase Homer Simpson, "Joe Biden after 10 months: Worst president ever....so far."

And there is no chance of recovering.  But that isn't the goal here.  It is to destroy this nation in order to replace the Founding Fathers with fundamental change.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Nope, simple minded as I am, that is not what believe.

Thirty five years ago my first engin.........................................

I can't even, with you right now :rolleyes:  

I know damned well that next September they will present us with $4 trillion in new spending. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

I can't even, with you right now :rolleyes:  

I know damned well that next September they will present us with $4 trillion in new spending. 

 

20211019_170404.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

That still isn't a liveable wage here. The price of everything doubled and tripled during the pandemic. Everything. Not everyone can afford to work full time and still have to choose between rent bills or food.

In most places it is though.   I'm in northern Indiana and the company I work for is starting out at almost $17 an hour.   We are still short staffed.  Many people are choosing to not work.  Rent is cheap.  It is a very "livable wage".

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Nope, simple minded as I am, that is not what believe.

Thirty five years ago my first engineering job paid $22k.  Great money.  I had a budget, paid my bills, invested in my future with an IRA and savings for a house.  When I retired 2 years ago, I was making 5 times that.  I put a kid through college, upgraded my house 3 times, and had expenses I had not dreamed of in 1985.  Cable TV, Internet, Cell phones. to name a few.  Everything I did have in my budget in 1985 had gone up in price.

I could not begin to live in 2021 on my 1985 salary and budget.  

Fortunately, my Gross Personal Product went up a commensurate amount.  As a bonus, the population of my household also went up.. I married an office manager who also contributed to our gross household product.  The increase more than offset her expenses and our child.  Even with her three years off when my son was born, we managed well enough. Then day care became another unimaginable expense. 

Our yearly budget reflected cost of items, additional items we wanted, and our salaries.  Based on that statement, you cannot judge me foolish or wasting my money.

So I expect the size of the government's budget to go up every year as well, and debt may follow.

I expect your beef comes from your view that some of what is being proposed is wasteful.  That has to do more with what is in the budget than the size of it. I won't complain if we manage our budget and our debt.  I too may complain about waste where I see it.

Kudos to you.   

Unfortunately many people choose to live outside their means.   I see it all the time with family and friends.  Working and making $15 an hour but have a new cell phone, a $500 Xbox, a $150,000 and a new car with a monthly payment.   They are being stupid.  

In my opinion, that is the biggest issue.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Myles said:

Kudos to you.   

Unfortunately many people choose to live outside their means.   I see it all the time with family and friends.  Working and making $15 an hour but have a new cell phone, a $500 Xbox, a $150,000 and a new car with a monthly payment.   They are being stupid.  

In my opinion, that is the biggest issue.

Thanks but no kudos.  It is just how many people of my generation were raised.  Our parents and grandparents grew up in th edepression and were frugal.   I agree, people do live outside their means.   They are even encouraged to do so.

"Take the vacation you Deserve"  Buy your wife the car that will make her full of joy."   "You need the newest phone."  All of those reasons to get a credit card from one bank or another.  Brainwashing by the people that want to get hold of your money.

Many people do make bad choices, I don't disagree with you or condone it.  

Money and credit need to be managed, and sometimes in emergencies, you do need credit.  There again, people's definition of emergency varies.  

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

I can't even, with you right now :rolleyes:  

I know damned well that next September they will present us with $4 trillion in new spending. 

Sorry I got on your last nerve, I was being contrary.  I am  concerned with what we spend it on and a plan of how we pay for more than magnitude alone.  I don't think Congress will agree on those two things.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Myles said:

In most places it is though.   I'm in northern Indiana and the company I work for is starting out at almost $17 an hour.   We are still short staffed.  Many people are choosing to not work.  Rent is cheap.  It is a very "livable wage".

We were starting out at  $17.50  for  manufacturing in rural Oregon.  It is a liveable wage here too.  There are 700 people at our plant and another 2500 in similar sized manufacturing  plants in the area.  Then there is an HP facility that starts at $21  We compete with several other large industries among a moderate population in the area.  The company I worked for just did a job fair in Portland 90 miles away to find new people..  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Michelle said:

It is in a lot of places. I thought the high taxes were to help lower income households? If California needs higher than a $15 an hour minimum wage they should enact it...not the entire country.

I don't understand why people still get confused about this.  They hear the term "federal minimum wage" and think it means all 50 states.  Federal minimum wage is for FEDERAL jobs.  The push to enact a $15 federal minimum wage has nothing to do with some grocery store in Kentucky.  The federal government can't enforce a state minimum wage.  You're welcome.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In a 1999 episode of Dateline NBC, former Bill Clinton volunteer Juanita Broaddrick alleged that, in the late 1970s, Clinton raped her in her hotel room. According to Broaddrick, she agreed to meet with Clinton for coffee in the lobby of her hotel, but Clinton asked if they could go to her room to avoid a crowd of reporters; she agreed. Broaddrick stated that once Clinton had isolated her in her hotel room, he raped her. Broaddrick stated Clinton injured her lip by biting it during the assault.[2][3] In 1999, Clinton denied Broaddrick’s allegations through his lawyer.

In April 1998, Inside Edition reported that Cristy Zercher, a former flight attendant, had accused Clinton of groping and fondling her on a 1992 campaign flight while his wife Hillary was sleeping nearby. A release announcing the results of Zercher’s polygraph test stated that she had negative ratings for truthfulness on four questions asked the week prior.[20]

In 1999, Eileen Wellstone, a former student at University of Oxford, accused Clinton of raping her in 1969 when he was a student at Oxford.[21][22] Wellstone filed a sexual assault complaint with the university at the time, but no charges were brought against Clinton.[22]

A campaign staffer, Sandra Allen James, accused Clinton of sexually assaulting her in his hotel room in 1991. She claimed that he exposed himself to her and forced her to conduct oral sex on him while they were sitting on the couch.[21]

A former professor from the University of Arkansas claimed Clinton had groped a female student and tried to trap her in his office when he was a professor. This would later be backed up by a piece written by Daniel Harris and Teresa Hampton, which alleged that students at the university confirmed that Clinton had tried to force himself on them when he was a professor.[23]

 

but guess what Trump was accused of grabbing someones bum….and we have heard that over and over again,,, but NEVER the above

 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Secret-Life-Bill-Clinton-Unreported/dp/0895264080

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, OverSword said:

Then explain the democratic holdouts.  The truth is nobody should ever, EVER, sign off on over $3 trillion for one year spending.  It's fridiculous.

Because they're the last remnants of the blue dogs, and one of them is specifically in the ass end of coal country where he only BARELY got elected. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Thanks but no kudos.  It is just how many people of my generation were raised.  Our parents and grandparents grew up in th edepression and were frugal.   I agree, people do live outside their means.   They are even encouraged to do so.

"Take the vacation you Deserve"  Buy your wife the car that will make her full of joy."   "You need the newest phone."  All of those reasons to get a credit card from one bank or another.  Brainwashing by the people that want to get hold of your money.

Many people do make bad choices, I don't disagree with you or condone it.  

Money and credit need to be managed, and sometimes in emergencies, you do need credit.  There again, people's definition of emergency varies.  

 

Many people are dumb and let themselves be brainwashed in that way.  It's odd because many of those people are the same who really despise large corporations but then they listen to their advice and put themselves in debt.    

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Because they're the last remnants of the blue dogs, and one of them is specifically in the ass end of coal country where he only BARELY got elected. 

So he’s faithfully representing his constituents. You’re too young to remember but before big money corrupted the election process the democrats did not March lockstep like nazis on policy. This is new. And now they have gullible people believing that those that don’t hiel hitler are satan personified. Ridiculous.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Agent0range said:

I don't understand why people still get confused about this.  They hear the term "federal minimum wage" and think it means all 50 states.  Federal minimum wage is for FEDERAL jobs.  The push to enact a $15 federal minimum wage has nothing to do with some grocery store in Kentucky.  The federal government can't enforce a state minimum wage.  You're welcome.

You waste so much time trying to refute things I never said. :lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Myles said:

Many people are dumb and let themselves be brainwashed in that way.  It's odd because many of those people are the same who really despise large corporations but then they listen to their advice and put themselves in debt.    

Not the most popular view I know, but I distrust corporations far more than I distrust the government.  The government at least was founded on the premise of serving the people, corporations have no such requirement.  When we talk about the corruption of government, it is often corporate money that buys government officials and gets what they want rather than what is good for the country. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Not the most popular view I know, but I distrust corporations far more than I distrust the government.  The government at least was founded on the premise of serving the people, corporations have no such requirement.  When we talk about the corruption of government, it is often corporate money that buys government officials and gets what they want rather than what is good for the country. 

I'm the same way.  When possible I support smaller companies rather than the larger corporations.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Myles said:

In most places it is though.   I'm in northern Indiana and the company I work for is starting out at almost $17 an hour.   We are still short staffed.  Many people are choosing to not work.  Rent is cheap.  It is a very "livable wage".

That's great! It's a lot more expensive here. I make $20 an hour and it takes me 3 jobs a lucrative side hustle and my bf that is a machine and can work 16 hours a day and still go hustle when he gets off to almost cover all the bills. Its cheaper here than in the more urban areas, 1 and 2 br apartments start around 2000 a month, but its not easy to get selected for it and you have to make over 3x the rent because it legitimately takes that much for the basics, i mean i usually spend well over 800 a month for groceries. Not to mention wifi, electricity, car insurance, registration, house insurance, and all the various other necessities. Glad the pandemic stopped because homeschooling all day and then not having anyone willing to babysit anymore so i could get to work after was an impossibility.

https://news.yahoo.com/worker-florida-applied-60-entry-193423909.html

Also, personally, my experience has matched that of this guys. Before randomly meeting the people i work for and acquiring the jobs based on my skill level, i had applied to entry level jobs for almost a year straight 3 times unsuccessfully. So I seriously doubt this load of manure. If the jobs were paying livable amounts and didnt require $50,000 and 4 years free to train for first, people would be lined up for them. But they look down on all these disheveled looking people who have been burned out of thier houses en masse based on appearance and stability of life for sure. Its really sad there are so many homeless.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

That's great! It's a lot more expensive here. I make $20 an hour and it takes me 3 jobs a lucrative side hustle and my bf that is a machine and can work 16 hours a day and still go hustle when he gets off to almost cover all the bills. Its cheaper here than in the more urban areas, 1 and 2 br apartments start around 2000 a month, but its not easy to get selected for it and you have to make over 3x the rent because it legitimately takes that much for the basics, i mean i usually spend well over 800 a month for groceries. Not to mention wifi, electricity, car insurance, registration, house insurance, and all the various other necessities. Glad the pandemic stopped because homeschooling all day and then not having anyone willing to babysit anymore so i could get to work after was an impossibility.

https://news.yahoo.com/worker-florida-applied-60-entry-193423909.html

Also, personally, my experience has matched that of this guys. Before randomly meeting the people i work for and acquiring the jobs based on my skill level, i had applied to entry level jobs for almost a year straight 3 times unsuccessfully. So I seriously doubt this load of manure. If the jobs were paying livable amounts and didnt require $50,000 and 4 years free to train for first, people would be lined up for them. But they look down on all these disheveled looking people who have been burned out of thier houses en masse based on appearance and stability of life for sure. Its really sad there are so many homeless.

It's nice that you and your boyfriend are working hard to make ends meet.   It's a bummer you have to though.   Around me, you can still get an apartment for ^400 to $700 a month.  I guess it makes it so more people choose not to work because the money they got/get from the government will go further.  They are still missing out on opportunities whether it be seniority, 401K, job advancement or padding the bank account.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Agent0range said:

I don't understand why people still get confused about this.  They hear the term "federal minimum wage" and think it means all 50 states.  Federal minimum wage is for FEDERAL jobs.  The push to enact a $15 federal minimum wage has nothing to do with some grocery store in Kentucky.  The federal government can't enforce a state minimum wage.  You're welcome.

Federal minimum wage determines the least amount a state can have as a minimum wage for employees paid hourly, not the minimum federal employees are paid

Quote

The federal minimum wage is a rule set by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) that tells employers the lowest hourly wage they can pay their employees. The current federal minimum wage is $7.25, and it has not changed since 2009.

More here

And here 

Wages and the Fair Labor Standards Act

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

In a 1999 episode of Dateline NBC, former Bill Clinton volunteer Juanita Broaddrick alleged that, in the late 1970s, Clinton raped her in her hotel room. According to Broaddrick, she agreed to meet with Clinton for coffee in the lobby of her hotel, but Clinton asked if they could go to her room to avoid a crowd of reporters; she agreed. Broaddrick stated that once Clinton had isolated her in her hotel room, he raped her. Broaddrick stated Clinton injured her lip by biting it during the assault.[2][3] In 1999, Clinton denied Broaddrick’s allegations through his lawyer.

In April 1998, Inside Edition reported that Cristy Zercher, a former flight attendant, had accused Clinton of groping and fondling her on a 1992 campaign flight while his wife Hillary was sleeping nearby. A release announcing the results of Zercher’s polygraph test stated that she had negative ratings for truthfulness on four questions asked the week prior.[20]

In 1999, Eileen Wellstone, a former student at University of Oxford, accused Clinton of raping her in 1969 when he was a student at Oxford.[21][22] Wellstone filed a sexual assault complaint with the university at the time, but no charges were brought against Clinton.[22]

A campaign staffer, Sandra Allen James, accused Clinton of sexually assaulting her in his hotel room in 1991. She claimed that he exposed himself to her and forced her to conduct oral sex on him while they were sitting on the couch.[21]

A former professor from the University of Arkansas claimed Clinton had groped a female student and tried to trap her in his office when he was a professor. This would later be backed up by a piece written by Daniel Harris and Teresa Hampton, which alleged that students at the university confirmed that Clinton had tried to force himself on them when he was a professor.[23]

 

but guess what Trump was accused of grabbing someones bum….and we have heard that over and over again,,, but NEVER the above

 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Secret-Life-Bill-Clinton-Unreported/dp/0895264080

The Clinton s are well known to have been regular visitors of epstein island and predators to many young girls. Its all a matter of who you ask i guess. The media truly is against trump because he is not thier puppet, and it is transparent anyone with eyes can see that. Biden regularly gets his mic cut off if he tries to answer press questions and very clearly has a handler, he is not calling the shots and isnt even allowed to give his own answers, there are many articles about the oddness of it. Of course "they" dont like trump... Obviously they couldn't shut him up so easily.

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Myles said:

It's nice that you and your boyfriend are working hard to make ends meet.   It's a bummer you have to though.   Around me, you can still get an apartment for ^400 to $700 a month.  I guess it makes it so more people choose not to work because the money they got/get from the government will go further.  They are still missing out on opportunities whether it be seniority, 401K, job advancement or padding the bank account.  

Bullhockey. Nobody that had a decent job quit because they got a bonus from the government and never needed to work again. Find me just one that did. Now people that were forced out of jobs because of the stipulations of the governments response to the pandemic... Those are very numerous. Not surprised if people arent in a rush to get back. Hell its only been 1 month since full school days started back. Maybe there will be a few more applicants now that it is possible for parents again.  But im sure they already had to find other ways to get through this over a year ago.

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Federal minimum wage determines the least amount a state can have as a minimum wage for employees paid hourly, not the minimum federal employees are paid

I don't waste my time trying to explain anything to him anymore.

Not too long ago Alabama's minimum wage was around four an hour on the official books. Of course, they couldn't actually pay it because they had to adhere to the federal minimum wage.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

Bullhockey. Nobody that had a decent job quit because they got a bonus from the government and never needed to work again. Find me just one that did. Now people that were forced out of jobs because of the stipulations of the governments response to the pandemic... Those are very numerous. Not surprised if people arent in a rush to get back. Hell its only been 1 month since full school days started back. Maybe there will be a few more applicants now that it is possible for parents again.  But im sure they already had to find other ways to get through this over a year ago.

Lots of people lost their jobs during the pandemic.  When restaurants, movie theaters and most other public places were closed these people lost their jobs.   Now there are open jobs all over that pay more then they were making and they are still choosing not to work.  The "restaurants, movie theaters and most other public places" still cannot staff themselves as they would like.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Myles said:

It's nice that you and your boyfriend are working hard to make ends meet.   It's a bummer you have to though.   Around me, you can still get an apartment for ^400 to $700 a month.  I guess it makes it so more people choose not to work because the money they got/get from the government will go further.  They are still missing out on opportunities whether it be seniority, 401K, job advancement or padding the bank account.  

You make it sound as if people who are not working must have some kind of character flaw.  That is not always the case.    For example, very few service industry workers have seniority, 401k  or saving opportunities.  Restaurants; both fast food and sit down, bars, retail stores, grocery stores, all those places where you depend on personal service do not always have those things.Some do.  Those are the places that have waiting lists of job applicants.  People take the other jobs because they need to earn a living. Covid kind of upset the apple cart on that. As you might know, child care, drugs, and medical care for kids grows increasingly expensive.  A working mom could really use a fixed schedule to  arrange and pay for child care.  If her work can call her in or send her home on short notice, that makes things difficult. Missing work to take care of a sick child can often get a person fired.

Unless there is some certainty of hours and pay and some prospect of better times or some possibility of supporting a family with hard work, people who got laid off because of covid may not be anxious to step back into the same predicament.   Most people just don't work for the pleasure of serving us. 

 Sometimes a fixed schedule is more important than an extra dollar an hour for a working mom. A lot of the jobs you describe are designed for high school kids and single people that live at home with flexible schedules. Maybe that is the group of people that is in short supply.  

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   2 members

    • Buzz_Light_Year
    • Harry Potter