Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Covid uncertainty fuels interest in the paranormal

UM-Bot

It seems to me that Covid-19 is wholly separate from any issues of the paranormal.

• Like 2

I mean, it's also Halloween season.

• Like 3

Danny Robins, the man behind the popular BBC podcast 'The Battersea Poltergeist', believes that this is down to the "chaotic, uncertain times we find ourselves in."
The podcast is a very, very good examination of poltergeist activity with interviews with the main people involved. BBC Radio 4 - The Battersea Poltergeist

BBC Radio 4 - The Battersea Poltergeist - The Story of The Battersea Poltergeist

Edited by The Silver Shroud

On 10/17/2021 at 12:59 PM, pallidin said:

It seems to me that Covid-19 is wholly separate from any issues of the paranormal.

I suspect it is people at home, bored, spending more time on the internet, not because of the virus except that it has caused isolation and quarantine.

• Like 1

• This topic was locked and unlocked

I"m not surprised by this. Like the article says, these chaotic and uncertain times. There has been a pandemic going on along with a whole lotta other issues for almost a couple years now. Sickness and death leading to more interest in ghosts and afterlife things. More time and the technology to observe nature, and a rise in sightings from UFO's to cryptids to other spooky. Lots of folks were getting out to nature while distancing, like parks and haunted drives. It's also into colors season in the deciduous regions of the U.S. along with the Halloween season upon us. More time to spend on the internet checking out spooky stuff. There has probably been an uptick in things like prayers and spell casting and fortune telling.

I haven't been tracking cemeteries this year like I have for many years in the past. But there is usually a surge in cemetery action around Halloween. Human action :devil: