Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Colin Powell passed away at 84

susieice

Colin Powell passed away today from complications of Covid, despite being fully vaccinated. He was a former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Secretary of State and National Security Adviser. A lifelong Independent, Powell was courted by both Democrats and Republicans to run for the office of President before deciding in 1995 that running for office wasn't for him.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/18/us/politics/colin-powell-dead.html

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/18/politics/colin-powell-dies/index.html

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

12 minutes ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

always liked him 

RIP 

I always did too. I think he would have been a good President. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, susieice said:

yea, I always hoped he would've run 

I remember my dad saying he wished he was president lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sad news.

• Like 1

Great man, may he rest in peace.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

yea, I always hoped he would've run 

I remember my dad saying he wished he was president lol

Funny how threads turn that way...

Always liked him, and always thought he would be the first black president.

Unfortunately the Iraq mass messup was a big stain in his career.

His legacy is one of needless death. He helped foster the lie that there were WMD’s in Iraq, when he knew the real truth. Rather than going along with their game, he could have resigned.

He helped facilitate the deaths and disability of thousands of American soldiers, while destabilizing the entire Middle East; by destroying the main counter balance to Iran. This led to the deaths of thousands of Christians in Iraq and Syria, who were generally protected under their respective, moderate regimes.

He cost countless American lives, in his sad slavery to the Bushes and the Cheneys. If he had simply resigned, before the Iraq war, he would have been called a Prince of Truth.

His death is symbolic of the vanishing truth in America. A nation now cursed, writhing in the agony of a delusion that shall lead to certain death, if not healed by a miracle of humility.

Rest in peace? Where? How many dead? How many trillions wasted?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hugh Mungus said:

War criminal in my mind. But then again, I thought very poorly of the Bush administration

Sadly, I must agree. I say “sadly,” because his worldly achievements were considerable.

The end of Powell’s life appears to be one of considerable pain and discomfort. Do I sympathize with him as a human being? Of course, how can I not …. but working so hard to kill others by promoting a lie is not heroic. 

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 2

The Iraq fiasco, and tormented aftermath reminds me of one of my favorite episodes from the original Star Trek series ….

“Regrettable that this society has chosen suicide ….”

Roddenberry promoted a truth that should strike fear into the hearts of our military industrial complex, but they lack the intelligence to grasp the power that now works against them.

All, without a shot being fired from a single man-made weapon.

Two Medals of Freedom vs. Two Sons of Thunder …. ….  standing before the Lord of the Earth.

Edited by Raptor Witness

• 1 month later...

An Iraq war Veteran confronts baby Bush on the lies that President Bush and Gen. Powell promoted.

Crimes against humanity should not be forgotten.

• 1 year later...
On 10/19/2021 at 4:30 PM, acidhead said:

20211018_084554.jpg

Today, February 5, marks the twentieth anniversary of Secretary of State Colin Powell’s 2003 speech at the Security Council of the United Nations. In front of a worldwide audience, Powell told lies to justify the Bush administration's criminal decision to invade Iraq. 

Among the lying statements made by Powell were:  1) “We have first-hand descriptions of biological weapons factories on wheels and on rails.” 2) “Our conservative estimate is that Iraq today has a stockpile of between 100 and 500 tons of chemical weapons agents.” 3) “He [Saddam Hussein] remains determined to acquire nuclear weapons. … He is so determined that he has made repeated covert attempts to acquire high-specification aluminum tubes from 11 different countries.”  4) “What I want to bring to your attention today is the potentially much more sinister nexus between Iraq and the al-Qaida terrorist network … Iraqi officials deny accusations of ties with al-Qaida. These denials are simply not credible.” 

Powell's lies, which had been scripted by President Bush, VP Cheney, Defense Secretary Rumsfeld and other political criminals, cleared the path for the March  2003 invasion of Iraq. It began with the "Shock and Awe" bombardment of Baghdad, which destroyed much of the city. 

The war resulted in the killing of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and the destruction of what had been a highly developed country. The CIA and military conducted a brutal campaign of torture and murder. None of the officials responsible for the crimes were ever punished. 

On 10/18/2021 at 9:33 AM, susieice said:

I did too.   I had wished he would have run.  

RIP Mr. Powell.

Back in the day when we had a Dick, a Bush and a Colin in the White House. He was the best of them.